What are your plans for Tempe?

9 comments by   |   Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 2:45 pm EDT

We had this comment show up on HoosiersHQ.com today, and I thought it was a heckuva suggestion:

“Chris and Doug, Any chance you guys can encourage the online faithful to publish their specific Tempe plans? It would be great to know where the IU fans are going to hover. It looks like you guys are going two days before me so I look forward to your reports. Tell us where the IU action is. Thanks!
WW”

So, let’s run with it.

When are you arriving?

Where are you staying?

What will you be doing besides watching football while in the greater Phoenix area?

And, feel free to add any other details you may find relevant to the discussion.

Related content: Read more in Football

ScoopTalk: A belated discussion of Spring Practice
Cream wins Spring Game, 24-14
Cream and Crimson Draft
McShay predicts Latimer to go No. 23 to the Chiefs
Video: Wilson, Knorr talk Spring Practice
h09sier
Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 2:52 PM EDT

I am arriving around 6pm on the 30th, staying at the double tree in phoenix, and leaving around 12 noon on the 1st. Other than football, I plan on not being cold, swimming, not being cold, and attending this “block party” thing the Insight people are throwing. Oh, and did I mention not being cold?

Gregg
Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 4:10 PM EDT

I am arriving on the 30th at noon, heading directly up to the Arizona Cardinals/St. Louis Cardinals game. I’m staying at the Comfort Inn in Tempe and heading out on the 1st at 1:00 pm. I also plan on attending the Block Party. I have two tickets reserved thru IU for the game. Based on my priority points I should have seats that would make me jealous of Bob Ueucker (sp).
GO HOOSIERS!!!

Adam
Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 4:33 PM EDT

Arriving on December 29th … departing January 2nd.

Staying at the Hyatt Place. (Very sweet looking hotel).

Will be watching lots of football in lots of different places!
Will be winning money at the local casinos!
Will be celebrating a 38-31 Hoosiers win in the Insight Bowl!
Will be singing IU fight song at the block party!
Will be making plans to attend next years bowl game on New Years day!

Sam
Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 5:06 PM EDT

4 of us are leaving from Charlotte NC. on the 30th and leaving the 2nd. Will be staying at the Westin Kierland in Scotsdale. Will be partying at the Hotel when we are not at the game. We are looking for tailgate parties prior to the game. Hope someone will be set up.
We all want a win. See you all somewhere.

Pat
Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 5:36 PM EDT

Gregg, you forgot to mention the Chicago Cardinals.

Matt
Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 7:39 PM EDT

Well, I will drive into Phoenix on the 24th from IU. I will stay at home and hang out with my family and high school friends. Eventually on the 31st I will make the 11 mile drive down to ASU and go to the game and then afterwards attend the Fiesta Bowl Block Party (worth it).

Jason
Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 8:28 PM EDT

Our group of 17 will be headed out on the 27, 28 & 29 to stay at the Embassy Suites – Biltmore (a block or so away from the Ritz-Carlton, which is apparently IU headquarters). Football, football, and more football. We intend to take every opportunity to make sure our players know they have fans there supporting them. Tailgating wherever IU taigating is spotted. Go HOOSIERS!!! Head back to the cold weather of Bloomington and South Bend on the second.

Ryan
Monday, December 10, 2007 - 11:45 AM EDT

I’m arriving in Tempe on the 30th after flying into LA the day before. Staying at the Sleep Inn Airport in Phoenix, about 5 miles from the Stadium. Leaving town I believe the 3rd. As for events, that remains to be seen.

Can anyone explain the Indiana University Ticket Priority Policy? The athletic website does not explain it. Being a student, I have no points and I passed on the free student ticket since I have family going also and wanted to have seats with them. Are my seats really going to suck?

WW
Monday, December 10, 2007 - 12:14 PM EDT

Thanks Chris and all. I am up in Scottsdale and hope to run into some impromptu tailgates. Hopefully our pool area will be sunny, as well as Cream & Crimson.

Comments

• Field Hockey. Field Hockey Continues Spring Competition - Indiana field hockey team will travel to Evanston, Ill., for multiple games Saturday and
  • General News. #InTheKnow: Baseball vs. Michigan State - Get #InTheKnow with a social rundown for Indiana Baseball heading into this weekend's three-game series vs. Michigan
  • Black Key Bulls, Teter capture Spring Series - Black Key Bulls and Teter captured the men’s and women’s white jerseys, respectively in dominating fashion Saturday, winning in Team Pursuit. In the men’s finals, Black Key
  • Team Pursuit Standings - SPRING SERIES UPDATED: Black Key Bulls clinched the Spring Series title with their time and will wear the white jersey on race day. With the final Spring Series event, Team
  • Hoosier signees shine in 3-point contest - Max Hoetzel and Robert Johnson were among the top four performers in the 3-point contest
  • Hoosier Newsstand, Apr. 18 - Get the latest articles on Indiana basketball, football and other Hoosier sports of interest in today's
  • Video: Interview with 2014 signee Max Hoetzel -

FLOYDS KNOBS, Ind. — Class of 2014 forward Max Hoetzel wasn’t even a name on the IU radar last year at this time, but his recruitment took off after making the

• Video: Hoetzel, Johnson at Night of the Future Stars -

FLOYDS KNOBS, Ind. — Indiana class of 2014 signees Max Hoetzel and Robert Johnson participated in the Derby Festival Basketball Classic Night of the Future Stars on Thursday

• Hoosier Links: April 18, 2014 - In today's Hoosier Links there is a story from Pete DiPrimio on a busy IU basketball off season as well as one about a Little 500 rider hospitalized after a Thursday bike
  • A Look Back: Oladipo's rookie season - Former Indiana standout Victor Oladipo had a solid rookie year for the
  • The Thursday Thinker