Dakich on PTI today

Dan Dakich will appear on the ESPN show Pardon the Interruption — usually hosted by Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon of the Washingotn Post — this afternoon. Show starts at 5:30.

• Swampy #1

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 4:34 PM EDT

P.T.I. is awesome.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

• cn #2

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:48 PM EDT

DD is a class act – says and does all of the right things in a tumultuous time. Great quip about Jordan.

• ww #3

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:48 PM EDT

Just caught it. DD is fresh air. Love it. Tony Kornholler is a jerk. Always has been, since the days of the Sunday sports writers roundtable.

• ww #4

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:49 PM EDT

How many times do you think he has told the Jordan story that way?

• cn #5

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:52 PM EDT

I would guess more than a thousand times.

• Zak #6

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 6:32 PM EDT

WW, why the hate on Kornheiser?

And can you blame him for telling the Jordan story that way? It is Michael Jordan after all.

• ww #7

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 7:11 PM EDT

Hate is strong…sorry! He annoys me. Back before you were born he was on the Sunday AM reporters. Five guys screaming at each other for a half hour. Similar to PTI.

No blame at all for DD. I think it is funny. A good spin on it. Read previous. I love DD’s fresh attitude and candid answers.

So Zak, where are your poignant questions lately? I love it when you stir us all up.

• Greene #8

Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 7:41 PM EDT

Tony Korn…. is also an irritant to me. He seems to draw the feminine crowd to whatever he is hosting – to talk about “feelings” and “athletes hugging” and that stuff.

When he finally leaves Monday Night Football I will be a happy camper.

Go Dakich! You didn’t campaign for this job but you deserve the chance.

• Jim #9

Friday, February 29, 2008 - 8:52 AM EDT

I love PTI. They’re both funny. When there’s a guest host, the show blows. In my opinion of course….

• Zak #10

Friday, February 29, 2008 - 1:06 PM EDT

Well I’ll get going on one. We’ve been so swamped covering the whole Sampson debacle and Dakich’s first few games that I haven’t been on that as much as I could.

No worries, though. I’ll post one up soon.

• Walt #11

Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:06 PM EDT

I dispise Tony K. I have not been able to watch Monday Night Football for two years because he is soooo lame!

I loved DD’s remarks. LOL at the Jordan quip and he said all the right things about how IU handled the situation, etc. Good job Dan!

• Steve O #12

Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:47 PM EDT

anyone else feel really bad for Double D?? i mean the guy is as nice as they come. he has his heart in it, and you can tell he really cares about the program and the players. whether or not he’s a good coach, i dont know yet. but it seems like either way, he’s probably out after the season. it’s a no win situation. unless they win it all or something.

• Chet #13

Friday, February 29, 2008 - 7:04 PM EDT

I’m more impressed with DD each passing day. He is handling this unbelievably well. Self deprecating yet confident. I really don’t think it’s a no-win for DD. If the team does great the rest of the way he will be a candidate for both the IU job and any other openings available. DD is not a Mike Davis. DD is competent. Mike won the lottery by hanging around IU after everyone competent left and now has become a member of the coaching carousel. He’ll change schools every 5 years until retirement. I’m not certain DD is the long term answer for the Hoosiers but we could (and have) do(ne) a lot worse.

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football