Dakich on PTI today

13 comments by   |   Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 1:58 pm EDT

Dan Dakich will appear on the ESPN show Pardon the Interruption — usually hosted by Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon of the Washingotn Post — this afternoon. Show starts at 5:30.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

When Max Hoetzel was a Globetrotter, albeit the tiniest one
IU makes Emmitt Holt signing official
Emmitt Holt's high school coach compares him to Draymond Green
Men's, women's basketball schedules released
Reports: Christian Watford signs with Boston Celtics
Swampy
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 4:34 PM EDT

P.T.I. is awesome.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

cn
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:48 PM EDT

DD is a class act – says and does all of the right things in a tumultuous time. Great quip about Jordan.

ww
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:48 PM EDT

Just caught it. DD is fresh air. Love it. Tony Kornholler is a jerk. Always has been, since the days of the Sunday sports writers roundtable.

ww
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:49 PM EDT

How many times do you think he has told the Jordan story that way?

cn
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:52 PM EDT

I would guess more than a thousand times.

#6 Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 6:32 PM EDT

WW, why the hate on Kornheiser?

And can you blame him for telling the Jordan story that way? It is Michael Jordan after all.

ww
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 7:11 PM EDT

Hate is strong…sorry! He annoys me. Back before you were born he was on the Sunday AM reporters. Five guys screaming at each other for a half hour. Similar to PTI.

No blame at all for DD. I think it is funny. A good spin on it. Read previous. I love DD’s fresh attitude and candid answers.

So Zak, where are your poignant questions lately? I love it when you stir us all up.

Greene
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 7:41 PM EDT

Tony Korn…. is also an irritant to me. He seems to draw the feminine crowd to whatever he is hosting – to talk about “feelings” and “athletes hugging” and that stuff.

When he finally leaves Monday Night Football I will be a happy camper.

Go Dakich! You didn’t campaign for this job but you deserve the chance.

Jim
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 8:52 AM EDT

I love PTI. They’re both funny. When there’s a guest host, the show blows. In my opinion of course….

#10 Friday, February 29, 2008 - 1:06 PM EDT

Well I’ll get going on one. We’ve been so swamped covering the whole Sampson debacle and Dakich’s first few games that I haven’t been on that as much as I could.

No worries, though. I’ll post one up soon.

Walt
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:06 PM EDT

I dispise Tony K. I have not been able to watch Monday Night Football for two years because he is soooo lame!

I loved DD’s remarks. LOL at the Jordan quip and he said all the right things about how IU handled the situation, etc. Good job Dan!

Steve O
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:47 PM EDT

anyone else feel really bad for Double D?? i mean the guy is as nice as they come. he has his heart in it, and you can tell he really cares about the program and the players. whether or not he’s a good coach, i dont know yet. but it seems like either way, he’s probably out after the season. it’s a no win situation. unless they win it all or something.

Chet
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 7:04 PM EDT

I’m more impressed with DD each passing day. He is handling this unbelievably well. Self deprecating yet confident. I really don’t think it’s a no-win for DD. If the team does great the rest of the way he will be a candidate for both the IU job and any other openings available. DD is not a Mike Davis. DD is competent. Mike won the lottery by hanging around IU after everyone competent left and now has become a member of the coaching carousel. He’ll change schools every 5 years until retirement. I’m not certain DD is the long term answer for the Hoosiers but we could (and have) do(ne) a lot worse.

Comments

• Field Hockey. Hoosiers Open 2014 Campaign with New Hampshire and Saint Louis - The Indiana field hockey team will open up the 2014 campaign with a pair of games in Louisville, Ky. The Hoosiers will face New Hampshire on Aug. 29 at 6:30 p.m. and will take on
  • Cross Country. Highest Ranking Ever for IUXC Men - The Indiana men’s cross country team is ranked in the top 10 in three national polls to begin 2014, including a No. 6 ranking in the USTFCCCA National Coaches Poll, the
  • Oladipo declares for the NBA - Indiana junior Victor Oladipo this afternoon announced he will be going to the NBA. IU coach Tom Crean
  • Video: Victor Oladipo headed to NBA - Earlier this afternoon Indiana junior Victor Oladipo joined head coach Tom Crean at Assembly Hall to
  • A final look at who’s coming and going in the Big Ten -

With the fall semester underway on many Big Ten campuses, it’s time for our final look at who’s coming and going in the Big Ten for the 2014-2015 season. Illinois (20-15,

• Indiana confirms addition of Emmitt Holt -

Emmitt Holt, who committed to Indiana last Wednesday during an official visit, is in Bloomington and enrolled in classes for the fall semester, which began on Monday. Earlier

• VIDEO: Slick Leonard introduces Tom Crean - Former Indiana star Slick Leonard introduced Tom Crean last Wednesday at Lucas Oil Stadium. Watch it
  • Indiana among final six for Nick Marshall - Nick Marshall, a 2015 big man from Tennessee, has Indiana in his final
  • B1G Foreign Tour Tracker: Wolverines take on Italy