Dakich on PTI today

13 comments by   |   Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 1:58 pm EDT

Dan Dakich will appear on the ESPN show Pardon the Interruption — usually hosted by Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon of the Washingotn Post — this afternoon. Show starts at 5:30.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Purdue vs. Indiana alumni game this Saturday
Oladipo, Zeller named to USA Select Team
IU target Spalding commits to Louisville
Crean putting together vision for guard-oriented team
Spalding enjoying IU, recruiting process
Swampy
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 4:34 PM EDT

P.T.I. is awesome.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

cn
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:48 PM EDT

DD is a class act – says and does all of the right things in a tumultuous time. Great quip about Jordan.

ww
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:48 PM EDT

Just caught it. DD is fresh air. Love it. Tony Kornholler is a jerk. Always has been, since the days of the Sunday sports writers roundtable.

ww
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:49 PM EDT

How many times do you think he has told the Jordan story that way?

cn
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:52 PM EDT

I would guess more than a thousand times.

#6 Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 6:32 PM EDT

WW, why the hate on Kornheiser?

And can you blame him for telling the Jordan story that way? It is Michael Jordan after all.

ww
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 7:11 PM EDT

Hate is strong…sorry! He annoys me. Back before you were born he was on the Sunday AM reporters. Five guys screaming at each other for a half hour. Similar to PTI.

No blame at all for DD. I think it is funny. A good spin on it. Read previous. I love DD’s fresh attitude and candid answers.

So Zak, where are your poignant questions lately? I love it when you stir us all up.

Greene
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 7:41 PM EDT

Tony Korn…. is also an irritant to me. He seems to draw the feminine crowd to whatever he is hosting – to talk about “feelings” and “athletes hugging” and that stuff.

When he finally leaves Monday Night Football I will be a happy camper.

Go Dakich! You didn’t campaign for this job but you deserve the chance.

Jim
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 8:52 AM EDT

I love PTI. They’re both funny. When there’s a guest host, the show blows. In my opinion of course….

#10 Friday, February 29, 2008 - 1:06 PM EDT

Well I’ll get going on one. We’ve been so swamped covering the whole Sampson debacle and Dakich’s first few games that I haven’t been on that as much as I could.

No worries, though. I’ll post one up soon.

Walt
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:06 PM EDT

I dispise Tony K. I have not been able to watch Monday Night Football for two years because he is soooo lame!

I loved DD’s remarks. LOL at the Jordan quip and he said all the right things about how IU handled the situation, etc. Good job Dan!

Steve O
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:47 PM EDT

anyone else feel really bad for Double D?? i mean the guy is as nice as they come. he has his heart in it, and you can tell he really cares about the program and the players. whether or not he’s a good coach, i dont know yet. but it seems like either way, he’s probably out after the season. it’s a no win situation. unless they win it all or something.

Chet
Friday, February 29, 2008 - 7:04 PM EDT

I’m more impressed with DD each passing day. He is handling this unbelievably well. Self deprecating yet confident. I really don’t think it’s a no-win for DD. If the team does great the rest of the way he will be a candidate for both the IU job and any other openings available. DD is not a Mike Davis. DD is competent. Mike won the lottery by hanging around IU after everyone competent left and now has become a member of the coaching carousel. He’ll change schools every 5 years until retirement. I’m not certain DD is the long term answer for the Hoosiers but we could (and have) do(ne) a lot worse.

Comments

• M. Golf. Three Hoosiers In Top 10 at Northern Am - Nicholas Grubnich's second place finish led three Hoosiers in the top 10 of the Northern Amateur at Sand Creek Country Club in Chesterton, Ind. Joining Grubnich in the top 10 were
  • M. Tennis. ITA Summer Circuit Returns to Bloomington This Weekend - The Hoosiers will play host to the ITA Midwest Summer Circuit starting Saturday and going through
  • Being at IU 'a dream come true' for Bayt - Get a scouting reporting on Paul Bayt and the reasons behind his transfer to Indiana after
  • Marshall contemplating UT visit - Top JUCO QB prospect Nick Marshall still has an interest in Texas, and there's a chance he could
  • Five-star center Thomas Bryant on IU: “They’re recruiting me pretty hard” -

Class of 2015 Huntington Prep (W.V.) center Thomas Bryant is one of 33 players in Colorado Springs this week vying for a spot on USA Basketball’s U17 World Championship

• Kenny Williams looks ahead to visits, outlines plan for trimming list -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — His Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL) career may have ended with a loss in the Peach Jam semifinals, but class of 2015 guard Kenny Williams

• Rawle Alkins talks recruiting, Indiana - 2016 guard Rawle Alkins is playing with the NY Rens in the adidas Super 64 in
  • Kyle Guy updates recruiting, talks Indiana - 2016 guard Kyle Guy spoke with AllHoosiers.com on Thursday to update his
  • Women's Basketball Coach Curt Miller Resigns from Indiana