Five football kickoff times announced

8 comments by   |   Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 1:21 pm EDT

Indiana has announced the kickoff times for five of next season’s games:

Aug. 30 vs. Western Kentucky (home) noon

Sept. 6 vs. Murray State (home) 7 p.m.

Sept. 20 vs. Ball State (home) 7 p.m.

Oct. 18 at Illinois 8 p.m.

Oct. 25 vs. Northwestern (home) noon

Three of those games – Murray State, Ball State and Illinois – will be televised on the Big Ten Network. Plans for televising other games will be announced later.

Related content: Read more in Football

Laray Smith moving from running back to corner
Kevin Wilson radio show updates
No bad blood between Shane Wynn, Indiana State
Broncos cut former IU kicker Mitch Ewald
Antonio Allen ready to get back on the field
IU Jimmy
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 1:41 PM EDT

Can’t wait. Go Hoosiers!

Prophet
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 2:34 PM EDT

Noon start on Aug.30. That sucks! It will probably be 90 degrees.
Very happy about the two 7 PM starts! The stadium looks great at night plus it’s much more pleasant temperature-wise.

1 year late
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 4:04 PM EDT

I can’t wait to see James Hardy catching passes from Kellen this fall! Go Hoosiers!

Steve O
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 4:59 PM EDT

Ugh… I just can’t get pumped for IU football. It’s gonna be another tough year. We’ll probably do well against our annual cream-puff non conference opponenets. But other than that, we’re gonna really struggle in the Big Ten again. I love IU, don’t get me wrong, but I always find myself saying, “bring on basketball” about a third of the way through the football season.

#5 Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 6:16 PM EDT

Hold on there Hardy is GONE pal! I’m a HUGE IU Football fan and can’t wait for opening day,,,give this team and first year (official head coach) a chance B4 they hit the gridiron! Defend The Rock!!!

Damon
Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 1:56 AM EDT

I cannot yet get excited about this season not knowing what the heck is going on with Kellen. Once that gets solved I will get excited, because if he is back I think he is a darkhorse for a chance to go to NYC for the Heisman Ceremony.

Travis
Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 5:01 PM EDT

I think this team has a chance to be pretty decent this year. Of course a lot hinges on K Lewis’ status. The defense should be decent, and I think we finally have a BIG 10 calibur offensive line. I’m really looking forward to the season, and by the way every team in America plays cream puffs out of conference.

IU HOOSIER 81
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:02 PM EDT

Catch the Hoosiers of 67 and the Rose Bowl Game!

Check out the link:

GO HOOSIERS IN 08!

Comments

• W. Soccer. Hoosiers At Auburn Soccer Classic This Weekend - The Indiana women's soccer team (1-1) will travel south to Auburn, Ala., to take part in the Auburn Soccer Classic this weekend. The Hoosiers will play Georgia Southern (Friday)
  • W. Water Polo. Throwback Thursday - The 2003 Season - In only their third season in the CWPA, Indiana had a strong 7-1 conference record, coming out of the Southern Division. The overall record of 26-11 is tied for the second most
  • Oladipo declares for the NBA - Indiana junior Victor Oladipo this afternoon announced he will be going to the NBA. IU coach Tom Crean
  • Video: Victor Oladipo headed to NBA - Earlier this afternoon Indiana junior Victor Oladipo joined head coach Tom Crean at Assembly Hall to
  • An early look at the 2014-2015 frontcourt -

With the official start of practice a little more than a month away (Oct. 3), the 2014-2015 season is on the horizon. We’ll have comprehensive player-by-player previews this

• Video: Matt McQuaid at Nike Global Challenge -

Class of 2015 Duncanville (Tex.) guard Matt McQuaid emerged as a recruiting target for Indiana after opting to reopen his recruitment in mid-July. McQuaid, a four-star prospect

• REMINDER: Live Chat Friday at Noon - We will host our first live chat of the year at noon Friday on the FREE Message Board. Anyone can join. Hope to see you
  • Hoops Recruiting Central: Thoughts on Holt - Indiana added power forward Emmitt Holt late in the 2014 class. Read more here for quotes from Tom Crean on Holt and my
  • Game Preview: Indiana State Sycamores
  • Can Indiana's Defense Make a Difference?