Sampson responds to NCAA

9 comments by   |   Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:12 pm EDT

Kelvin Sampson addressed NCAA allegations in a cover letter to his response to those allegations that was obtained by CBS Sportsline.com. You can read the full text of that letter by clicking here.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Purdue vs. Indiana alumni game this Saturday
Oladipo, Zeller named to USA Select Team
IU target Spalding commits to Louisville
Crean putting together vision for guard-oriented team
Spalding enjoying IU, recruiting process
BacktoBasics
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:44 AM EDT

I agree with poor Kelvin… He deserves his day in court, however, before we allow that day in court he should repay the taxpayers of Indiana the small fee of $750,000.00 clams… Since we can’t trust IU with that sort of money, he should send it directly to: State of Indiana, c/o General Fund.

HoosierFan
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 2:32 AM EDT

The taxpayers of Indiana didn’t pay Kelvin a dime. Get your facts right.

Sam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 7:49 AM EDT

Allow me to translate for Kelvin.

- It was my assistants fault.
- It was IU’s compliance program’s fault.
- If I was cheating it was not intentional and somebody should have told me to stop sooner.
- I lost my job and now people are calling me names and that’s not nice.
- I’m looking forward to meeting you in person so I can again attempt to lie and mislead my way out of all this.

SUMMARY: It was everybody else’s fault

#4 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:07 AM EDT

Peegs is reporting Sutton has made a commitment to I.U.,is this correct?

Caleb
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:20 AM EDT

Mike – where did you see that? I see an article titled “home run visit for Sutton?” Thats not a commitment, but perhaps they posted something and then took it down earlier.

Will
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:25 AM EDT

Peegs is not reporting anything about a committment by Sutton.

#7 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:29 AM EDT

I must have mis-read this morning, my bad.

#8 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:42 AM EDT

Wow, huge props on the new picture there fellas. Looks like something straight outta GQ.

Adam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:13 PM EDT

You think you know everything….give the man a chance. I know he apparently messed up but lay off of him until the trial occurs. If OJ can get away with murder then Sonny deserves to have a kid….this guy knows what I’m talking about!

Comments

• Track. Kinnaird Sixth at World Junior Championships - IU freshman Tre'tez Kinnaird finished in sixth-place at the World Junior Championships in the 800m run. His time (1:47.13) is the second fastest in school history for the
  • M. Tennis. ITA Day 2 Updated Draws - Updated draws are posted after the second day of the ITA Summer Circuit tournament in
  • R100 DB Lewis loves UM visit, names top four - One of the most publicized visitors at Michigan's BBQ on Sunday was Florida commit Marcus Lewis. The Rivals100 defensive back from
  • IU defeats Purdue in alumni rivalry game - Last night on the campus of IUPUI the Indiana team made a furious comeback to beat the Purdue team
  • 2016 point guard Payton Pritchard talks IU, USA Basketball experience -

It’s been a hectic spring and summer for class of 2016 West Linn (Ore.) point guard Payton Pritchard. The 6-foot floor leader was one of the standouts on the adidas

• Five-star center Thomas Bryant on IU: “They’re recruiting me pretty hard” -

Class of 2015 Huntington Prep (W.V.) center Thomas Bryant is one of 33 players in Colorado Springs this week vying for a spot on USA Basketball’s U17 World Championship

• Indiana Elite advances to championship game - Kyle Guy, Hyron Edwards and others have led the charge this week in
  • Hoosier Links: July 27, 2014 - In today's Hoosier Links there is a story about IU's alumni beating Purdue Saturday night in hoops and an AAU report out of Las
  • Women's Basketball Coach Curt Miller Resigns from Indiana