Sampson responds to NCAA

9 comments by   |   Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:12 pm EDT

Kelvin Sampson addressed NCAA allegations in a cover letter to his response to those allegations that was obtained by CBS Sportsline.com. You can read the full text of that letter by clicking here.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

IU target Spalding commits to Louisville
Crean putting together vision for guard-oriented team
Spalding enjoying IU, recruiting process
IU, '17 recruits keeping an eye on each other
IU adds Illinois State transfer Zeisloft
BacktoBasics
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:44 AM EDT

I agree with poor Kelvin… He deserves his day in court, however, before we allow that day in court he should repay the taxpayers of Indiana the small fee of $750,000.00 clams… Since we can’t trust IU with that sort of money, he should send it directly to: State of Indiana, c/o General Fund.

HoosierFan
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 2:32 AM EDT

The taxpayers of Indiana didn’t pay Kelvin a dime. Get your facts right.

Sam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 7:49 AM EDT

Allow me to translate for Kelvin.

- It was my assistants fault.
- It was IU’s compliance program’s fault.
- If I was cheating it was not intentional and somebody should have told me to stop sooner.
- I lost my job and now people are calling me names and that’s not nice.
- I’m looking forward to meeting you in person so I can again attempt to lie and mislead my way out of all this.

SUMMARY: It was everybody else’s fault

#4 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:07 AM EDT

Peegs is reporting Sutton has made a commitment to I.U.,is this correct?

Caleb
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:20 AM EDT

Mike – where did you see that? I see an article titled “home run visit for Sutton?” Thats not a commitment, but perhaps they posted something and then took it down earlier.

Will
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:25 AM EDT

Peegs is not reporting anything about a committment by Sutton.

#7 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:29 AM EDT

I must have mis-read this morning, my bad.

#8 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:42 AM EDT

Wow, huge props on the new picture there fellas. Looks like something straight outta GQ.

Adam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:13 PM EDT

You think you know everything….give the man a chance. I know he apparently messed up but lay off of him until the trial occurs. If OJ can get away with murder then Sonny deserves to have a kid….this guy knows what I’m talking about!

Comments

• M. Basketball. NBA Summer League Roundup - A look at how the five former IU men's basketball players fared during the 2014 NBA Summer League in Orlando and Las
  • M. Soccer. Moore Named to USSDA Starting XI - Incoming Indiana University men's soccer freshman Frankie Moore was named to the U.S. Soccer Development Academy starting XI for the U-17/18 central age
  • Another big event for Whitt - Behind the scoring of guard Jimmy Whitt the KC Run GMC squad made a run to the UAA Finals final
  • James talks about his visit to IU - Last week the Hoosiers hosted one of their top in-state targets in the 2015 class as athlete Isaac James was on campus for an
  • Indiana offers 2015 big man Nick Marshall -

After Raymond Spalding’s decision to commit to Louisville on Sunday, Indiana has moved on quickly with other frontcourt options remaining on the board. The latest

• Video: Williams, Coleman, Battle and Ali at Nike Peach Jam -

Via our friends at UMHoops.com, here’s a look at four Indiana recruiting targets — Kenny Williams, Jalen Coleman, Tyus Battle and Prince Ali — from the Nike

• Indiana offers Marshall, Stevens - There are two new scholarship offers out for Indiana. Find out more about the prospects Tom Crean
  • The Greatest Series: Last Second Shot No. 1 - It would have been hard to give the No. 1 last-second shot to anyone else. This shot gave Indiana the national championship. Read on for the
  • 2015 Recruiting: Big Man Follow Up