Sampson responds to NCAA

9 comments by   |   Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:12 pm EDT

Kelvin Sampson addressed NCAA allegations in a cover letter to his response to those allegations that was obtained by CBS Sportsline.com. You can read the full text of that letter by clicking here.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Big Ten Network to broadcast 17 Indiana basketball games
Guyton writes open letter to Knight, asks him to return to IU
Guyton, Ogunleye headline latest IU Hall of Fame class
Juwan Morgan commits to Indiana
Resources for tonight's Juwan Morgan commitment
BacktoBasics
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:44 AM EDT

I agree with poor Kelvin… He deserves his day in court, however, before we allow that day in court he should repay the taxpayers of Indiana the small fee of $750,000.00 clams… Since we can’t trust IU with that sort of money, he should send it directly to: State of Indiana, c/o General Fund.

HoosierFan
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 2:32 AM EDT

The taxpayers of Indiana didn’t pay Kelvin a dime. Get your facts right.

Sam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 7:49 AM EDT

Allow me to translate for Kelvin.

- It was my assistants fault.
- It was IU’s compliance program’s fault.
- If I was cheating it was not intentional and somebody should have told me to stop sooner.
- I lost my job and now people are calling me names and that’s not nice.
- I’m looking forward to meeting you in person so I can again attempt to lie and mislead my way out of all this.

SUMMARY: It was everybody else’s fault

#4 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:07 AM EDT

Peegs is reporting Sutton has made a commitment to I.U.,is this correct?

Caleb
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:20 AM EDT

Mike – where did you see that? I see an article titled “home run visit for Sutton?” Thats not a commitment, but perhaps they posted something and then took it down earlier.

Will
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:25 AM EDT

Peegs is not reporting anything about a committment by Sutton.

#7 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:29 AM EDT

I must have mis-read this morning, my bad.

#8 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:42 AM EDT

Wow, huge props on the new picture there fellas. Looks like something straight outta GQ.

Adam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:13 PM EDT

You think you know everything….give the man a chance. I know he apparently messed up but lay off of him until the trial occurs. If OJ can get away with murder then Sonny deserves to have a kid….this guy knows what I’m talking about!

Comments

• M. Soccer. Indiana, Butler Play to 0-0 Tie - Indiana (3-1-2) put up 22 shots but could not find the back of the net in a 0-0 draw with Butler Wednesday
  • W. Volleyball. Hoosiers Fall in Four Sets to IUPUI - Up next IU will host the Hoosier Classic starting Friday with a match against
  • Hoosiers in the NFL - Each week Peegs.com checks in on the all the action in the NFL and how former Hoosier players are doing
  • R250 LB DeBerry talks OU, upcoming visits - Among the group of highly rated players on hand to watch the Oklahoma Sooners take down the visiting Tennessee Volunteers was Rivals250
  • 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Rutgers Scarlet Knights -

With the start of college basketball season on the horizon, we’ll be taking a long look at the conference at large as well as Indiana’s roster over the next month. Today,

• BTN to televise 17 IU games for 2014-2015 season -

The Big Ten Network announced television designations for 17 Indiana games for the upcoming season and also announced that it will show three games on its web-only platform,

• Q&A: Catching up with Robert Johnson - Indiana freshman Robert Johnson talks improvement at IU, importance of Canada
  • 17 IU basketball games will be on BTN - Seven Indiana basketball games this season will be televised on the Big Ten Network, the BTN announced Tuesday. Check out the
  • Game Preview: Missouri Tigers