Sampson responds to NCAA

9 comments by   |   Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:12 pm EDT

Kelvin Sampson addressed NCAA allegations in a cover letter to his response to those allegations that was obtained by CBS Sportsline.com. You can read the full text of that letter by clicking here.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Ferrell, Robinson enter pretrial diversion program
Mosquera-Perea reaches plea agreement for OWI arrest
CBS to carry a pair of Indiana basketball games #iubb
Big Ten Network to broadcast 17 Indiana basketball games
Guyton writes open letter to Knight, asks him to return to IU
BacktoBasics
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:44 AM EDT

I agree with poor Kelvin… He deserves his day in court, however, before we allow that day in court he should repay the taxpayers of Indiana the small fee of $750,000.00 clams… Since we can’t trust IU with that sort of money, he should send it directly to: State of Indiana, c/o General Fund.

HoosierFan
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 2:32 AM EDT

The taxpayers of Indiana didn’t pay Kelvin a dime. Get your facts right.

Sam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 7:49 AM EDT

Allow me to translate for Kelvin.

- It was my assistants fault.
- It was IU’s compliance program’s fault.
- If I was cheating it was not intentional and somebody should have told me to stop sooner.
- I lost my job and now people are calling me names and that’s not nice.
- I’m looking forward to meeting you in person so I can again attempt to lie and mislead my way out of all this.

SUMMARY: It was everybody else’s fault

#4 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:07 AM EDT

Peegs is reporting Sutton has made a commitment to I.U.,is this correct?

Caleb
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:20 AM EDT

Mike – where did you see that? I see an article titled “home run visit for Sutton?” Thats not a commitment, but perhaps they posted something and then took it down earlier.

Will
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:25 AM EDT

Peegs is not reporting anything about a committment by Sutton.

#7 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:29 AM EDT

I must have mis-read this morning, my bad.

#8 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:42 AM EDT

Wow, huge props on the new picture there fellas. Looks like something straight outta GQ.

Adam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:13 PM EDT

You think you know everything….give the man a chance. I know he apparently messed up but lay off of him until the trial occurs. If OJ can get away with murder then Sonny deserves to have a kid….this guy knows what I’m talking about!

Comments

• M. Basketball. #IUBB Video Highlights From Canada Trip - With official practices getting ready to start later this week, we take a look at some video highlights from the Hoosiers trip to Canada in early August.
    Read more...
  • W. Volleyball. Inside IU Volleyball: Episode 6 - IU head coach Sherry Dunbar-Kruzan talks about the win against Michigan and previews the Maryland/Rutgers road trip this
  • Ten Takeaways - After a disappointing loss to the Maryland Terrapins on Saturday the IU football team will try to bounce
  • Coach TV: Wilson, staff looked to find consistency - Earlier this afternoon Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson spoke to the media about his team's troubles
  • 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Michigan State Spartans -

With the start of college basketball season on the horizon, we’ll be taking a long look at the conference at large as well as Indiana’s roster over the next month. Today,

• 2015 guard Shake Milton recaps his official visit to Indiana -

Heading into last weekend’s official visit to Indiana, 2015 Owasso (Okla.) guard Shake Milton said he knew Indiana fans were passionate about Hoosiers basketball. But he

• WATCH: Canada Highlights of Stanford Robinson - Indiana completed its foreign trip to Canada in August. Watch highlights of Stanford Robinson
  • WATCH: Canada Highlights of Troy Williams - Indiana took its team trip to Canada in August. Watch highlights of Troy Williams from that
  • The Week Five Opponent Recap