Sampson responds to NCAA

9 comments by   |   Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:12 pm EDT

Kelvin Sampson addressed NCAA allegations in a cover letter to his response to those allegations that was obtained by CBS Sportsline.com. You can read the full text of that letter by clicking here.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Emmitt Holt's high school coach compares him to Draymond Green
Men's, women's basketball schedules released
Reports: Christian Watford signs with Boston Celtics
A quick recap of IU's Lucas Oil fan event
Vermont Academy coach talks Emmitt Holt
BacktoBasics
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:44 AM EDT

I agree with poor Kelvin… He deserves his day in court, however, before we allow that day in court he should repay the taxpayers of Indiana the small fee of $750,000.00 clams… Since we can’t trust IU with that sort of money, he should send it directly to: State of Indiana, c/o General Fund.

HoosierFan
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 2:32 AM EDT

The taxpayers of Indiana didn’t pay Kelvin a dime. Get your facts right.

Sam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 7:49 AM EDT

Allow me to translate for Kelvin.

- It was my assistants fault.
- It was IU’s compliance program’s fault.
- If I was cheating it was not intentional and somebody should have told me to stop sooner.
- I lost my job and now people are calling me names and that’s not nice.
- I’m looking forward to meeting you in person so I can again attempt to lie and mislead my way out of all this.

SUMMARY: It was everybody else’s fault

#4 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:07 AM EDT

Peegs is reporting Sutton has made a commitment to I.U.,is this correct?

Caleb
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:20 AM EDT

Mike – where did you see that? I see an article titled “home run visit for Sutton?” Thats not a commitment, but perhaps they posted something and then took it down earlier.

Will
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:25 AM EDT

Peegs is not reporting anything about a committment by Sutton.

#7 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:29 AM EDT

I must have mis-read this morning, my bad.

#8 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:42 AM EDT

Wow, huge props on the new picture there fellas. Looks like something straight outta GQ.

Adam
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:13 PM EDT

You think you know everything….give the man a chance. I know he apparently messed up but lay off of him until the trial occurs. If OJ can get away with murder then Sonny deserves to have a kid….this guy knows what I’m talking about!

Comments

• Football. Six Walk-Ons Awarded Scholarships - Indiana head football coach Kevin Wilson awarded junior wide receiver Damon Graham and junior tight Michael Cooper with
  • W. Volleyball. Volleyball to Host Cream and Crimson Day - Activities to include Q and A with coaches, Cream and Crimson Scrimmage and Team Meet and
  • Dakich fires back at 'the Baby Baron' - The Indiana-Kentucky rivalry bubbled back to the surface today, at least in terms of public discussion.
  • Leaf talks recruiting, third Indiana visit - Six-foot-9 four-star forward T.J. Leaf talks with Peegs.com about where his recruitment stands
  • Video: Crean, Oladipo and Zeller at Indianapolis “on the road” tour -

Tom Crean, Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller addressed Indiana fans on Wednesday night at Lucas Oil Stadium as part of the “on the road” tour stop in Indianapolis.

• Montreal rewind: James Blackmon Jr. -

Welcome to “Montreal rewind,” our player-by-player recap from Indiana’s five-game tour of Canada. Today: James Blackmon Jr. Previously: Nick Zeisloft, Devin Davis, Troy

• VIDEO: Tom Crean at "On The Road" tour - Tom Crean delivered a speech in Indianapolis on Wednesday, along with Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller. Watch it
  • Oladipo talks training with Dwyane Wade, more - Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller were back in Bloomington early this week training with Dwyane Wade and others. Oladipo talked about the
  • Indiana Basketball Big Ten Schedule Dates Released