Crean leaves for Seattle this morning

9 comments by   |   Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:02 am EDT

Tom Crean is in the Indianapolis Airport waiting for a flight to Seattle this morning. He said he’ll be at IU’s table at the meeting with the NCAA Committee on Infractions hearing on Friday, but he isn’t sure what his role will be.

“That’s what I’m trying to figure out,” he said.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

2015 target Juwan Morgan moves his visit to this weekend
Hoosier Hysteria set for Oct. 25
IU basketball releases full non-conference schedule
When Max Hoetzel was a Globetrotter, albeit the tiniest one
IU makes Emmitt Holt signing official
Kenny_G
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:25 AM EDT

DON’T LET HIM SPEAK! If he has the same effect on the committee that he’s had on players, they’ll walk out of the room and give IU the death penalty.

DD
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:36 AM EDT

Um… what?

RGH
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:49 AM EDT

Or one of the investigators will start to throw potted plants! :)

Caleb
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:06 AM EDT

Was that sarcasm Kenny? I encourage you to read my post on the “In the dark” story.

Hoping that was sarcasm….

Steve O
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:23 AM EDT

I don’t get how some people are so anti-Crean. He hasn’t done anything except get rid of the garbage and recruited a top 30 class.

IU Jimmy
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:26 AM EDT

I see Kenny G is as insightful as usual.

Old Hoosier Fan
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:09 PM EDT

Yeah, like Coach Crean got IU in this mess. I think he is trying to support IU through the Sampson mess. That would be the Sampson that screwed IU out of $750K and now has a NBA assistant job. Now that is the way I would like to be treated for breaking the rules!

ChronicHoosier
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 2:20 PM EDT

Unfortunately, Crean will be the only man of integrity sitting across from the committee. I think his job will simply be to demonstrate that not all in our athletics dept. will sacrifice anything and everything for wins. What are the chances that Greenspan and Co. are sent packing if the penalties are greater than those already self-imposed? Are we more likely to see added penalties by virtue of the fact that our athletics administration hasn’t suffered the same exodus (forced and/or voluntary) as our basketball team?

ww
Friday, June 13, 2008 - 7:17 AM EDT

Forgive me if this has already been said (typed)… but I wonder if the mass exit of Sampson players is a benefit to the IU program when all is said and done in Seattle?

i.e. is this related to Creans role? Will he simply say….hey! I got rid of all of them and we are starting clean. (no pun intended) I read this morning that CTC will testify to the state of health of the program. I gotta believe that the health is related to the number of Sampson-gaters still around the program. Not counting the walk-ons, there are zip, nada, none. Will the NCAA’s then say……….well, um, ah……OK.

Just a thought that hit me this morn. Hope I am not repeating previous posts. I have not been reading lately, as I was taking the summer off from IU hoops.

Comments

• W. Basketball. Moren Announces Indiana Women's Basketball Coaching Staff - Indiana head women's basketball coach Teri Moren announced her coaching staff for 2014-15. Curtis Loyd, Rhet Wierzba and Todd Starkey will join her as assistant coaches.Read more...
  • Football. #IUFB Players of the Game: Indiana State - Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson announced IU's players of the game on offense, defense, special tams and the scout team after the season-opening win over Indiana
  • Simple opening act - Indiana's offense was about as simple or plain vanilla as it has been in the Kevin Wilson era on
  • Midlands Mail: Huge for Hawgs - How big was Arkansas landing K.J. Hill? Jason Howell and Rob Cassidy answer this and more in this week's Midlands
  • Juwan Morgan moves up official visit to Indiana -

Class of 2015 Waynesville (Mo.) forward Juwan Morgan, who had been scheduled to take an official visit to Bloomington later this month, has moved his visit up to this weekend.

• A closer look at Indiana’s non-conference schedule -

In case you missed it, Indiana announced its entire 2014-2015 schedule on Friday evening, including its 13-game non-conference slate. Now that we know each opponent, here’s a

• VIDEO: Emmitt Holt talks joining Indiana - Emmitt Holt, a late signee for Indiana in the 2014 class, talks about joining IU in this
  • Juwan Morgan moves up official visit to IU - 2015 forward Juwan Morgan has moved up his official visit to Indiana to this weekend. Read more
  • Juwan Morgan Reconfigures His Visit Schedule