Crean leaves for Seattle this morning

9 comments by   |   Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:02 am EDT

Tom Crean is in the Indianapolis Airport waiting for a flight to Seattle this morning. He said he’ll be at IU’s table at the meeting with the NCAA Committee on Infractions hearing on Friday, but he isn’t sure what his role will be.

“That’s what I’m trying to figure out,” he said.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Ferrell, Robinson enter pretrial diversion program
Mosquera-Perea reaches plea agreement for OWI arrest
CBS to carry a pair of Indiana basketball games #iubb
Big Ten Network to broadcast 17 Indiana basketball games
Guyton writes open letter to Knight, asks him to return to IU
Kenny_G
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:25 AM EDT

DON’T LET HIM SPEAK! If he has the same effect on the committee that he’s had on players, they’ll walk out of the room and give IU the death penalty.

DD
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:36 AM EDT

Um… what?

RGH
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:49 AM EDT

Or one of the investigators will start to throw potted plants! :)

Caleb
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:06 AM EDT

Was that sarcasm Kenny? I encourage you to read my post on the “In the dark” story.

Hoping that was sarcasm….

Steve O
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:23 AM EDT

I don’t get how some people are so anti-Crean. He hasn’t done anything except get rid of the garbage and recruited a top 30 class.

IU Jimmy
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:26 AM EDT

I see Kenny G is as insightful as usual.

Old Hoosier Fan
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:09 PM EDT

Yeah, like Coach Crean got IU in this mess. I think he is trying to support IU through the Sampson mess. That would be the Sampson that screwed IU out of $750K and now has a NBA assistant job. Now that is the way I would like to be treated for breaking the rules!

ChronicHoosier
Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 2:20 PM EDT

Unfortunately, Crean will be the only man of integrity sitting across from the committee. I think his job will simply be to demonstrate that not all in our athletics dept. will sacrifice anything and everything for wins. What are the chances that Greenspan and Co. are sent packing if the penalties are greater than those already self-imposed? Are we more likely to see added penalties by virtue of the fact that our athletics administration hasn’t suffered the same exodus (forced and/or voluntary) as our basketball team?

ww
Friday, June 13, 2008 - 7:17 AM EDT

Forgive me if this has already been said (typed)… but I wonder if the mass exit of Sampson players is a benefit to the IU program when all is said and done in Seattle?

i.e. is this related to Creans role? Will he simply say….hey! I got rid of all of them and we are starting clean. (no pun intended) I read this morning that CTC will testify to the state of health of the program. I gotta believe that the health is related to the number of Sampson-gaters still around the program. Not counting the walk-ons, there are zip, nada, none. Will the NCAA’s then say……….well, um, ah……OK.

Just a thought that hit me this morn. Hope I am not repeating previous posts. I have not been reading lately, as I was taking the summer off from IU hoops.

Comments

• Football. #IUFB Players of the Game: Missouri - Twelve total Hoosiers were recognized on offense, defense, special teams and scout teams for helping Indiana pull off a 31-27 win at Missouri last
  • W. Golf. Individuals Compete at Cardinal Classic - The Indiana women's golf team sent four individuals to compete at the 36-hole Cardinal Classic, hosted by Ball State at The Players Club in Yorktown,
  • Hoosier Newsstand, Sep. 23 - Get the latest articles on Indiana basketball, football and other Hoosier sports of interest in today's
  • Around the Midlands: A&M's WR targets - Christian Kirk is one wideout Texas A&M is focused on. Get news on the Aggies, Tyron Johnson, Josh Wariboko, Oklahoma and
  • The Inside the Hall Mailbag: September 23 -

The Inside the Hall Mailbag is a collection of questions tweeted to us via Twitter (@insidethehall), submitted on our premium forum and sent to us via our Facebook page.

• 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Iowa Hawkeyes -

With the start of college basketball season on the horizon, we’ll be taking a long look at the conference at large as well as Indiana’s roster over the next month. Today,

• Q&A: Catching up with Max Hoetzel - Indiana freshman Max Hoetzel sat down with IUHoosiers.com this week to talk about his early adjustments to
  • Mosquera-Perea to do community service - Hanner Mosquera-Perea has accepted a plea agreement stemming from his February arrest for
  • Indiana Football is ALSO RECEIVING VOTES