Here’s Memorial Stadium on Sunday, 6/29

… for those of you out-of-towners who are wondering what is going on at the stadium. Old turf all gone, work progressing.

• ChronicHoosier says:

Great pic! Hard to believe we’ll be taking the field there in exactly 2 months! Any word on the status of the BB development center? I’ve heard things are a huge mess over there with deadlines and budgets being blown and contractors being fired. Is there any truth to these rumors?

• Mike P says:

I hope they get their head out of their ass on the BB Center soon. My parking pass this year is for the grass lot across from the stadium instead of on the stadium lot due to the BB Center.

So now, I have to expose my son to the drunken idiots who fill that lot instead of the stadium on game day. Pretty sad when an 8 year old has more knowledge of the game then the people he will be surrounded by.

• Random Drunk Guy says:

HEY!!! I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT!!!

Wait…….a football game falls on the same day as the football themed “Lawn Parties”??!?!?!

• Dynasty says:

How are they NOT done with the football stadium yet, seriously, I could have finished it, they’ve been working on it since LAST football season, those fat construction workers.. JJJJJJJEEZ

• J Pat says:

Mike P, I always go to the grass lot. It is not all drunken kids. You have to pick your spot wisely. I found that my 3 year old falls better on grass than concrete!

• Chad B. says:

I agree with Dynasty. Look at how quickly Lucas Oil Stadium has been built and we can’t enclose an endzone in a year’s time. There’s no reason for the outside portion to not have been finished for this upcoming football season.

• DUH says:

Anyone remember the torrential downpours we had last month?? That’s kind of a big part… there is a lot of prep work that goes into building a structure like that. We still have two months and its not supposed to be completely finished by the time football season starts anyways.

• Mike P says:

Big difference in building an entire new structure as compared to putting an addition onto an existing one.

There is a lot of very slow precision work to be done that does not compromise the integrity of the building that is already there, not to mention all of the excavating work required to build the tunnel connecting the practice facility with the new part of the stadium .

Heck, they had to remove the bleachers and wall on the North end of the seats to tie everything together.

• IU Jimmy says:

Ummmm….they’ve been working on Lucas Oil Stadium for 3 years. I realize that its an entirely new stadium, but still, its not like it just popped up. Anyway, why complain? The project is moving along nicely. It will be great.

• cln says:

just for reference, my other alma mater, Stanford, tore down their old stadium and built a new one on the same site between the end of one football season and the beginning of the next.

• Doug T says:

Did nobody else see the the irony of dark clouds hanging over the unfinished F-ball stadium/athletics program.

• Dynasty says:

Dang, ain’t that the truth Doug..

• IU Jimmy says:

Getting new turf and facilities is bad?

• IUHoosier65 says:

That’s got to be a Chris Howell photo, right? The man is gifted.

• John says:

Any word on the baseball or softball facilities?

Comments are closed.

Merchandise

Hoosier Sports Report is live!

Who will be IU's starting quarterback this fall?