Here’s Memorial Stadium on Sunday, 6/29

… for those of you out-of-towners who are wondering what is going on at the stadium. Old turf all gone, work progressing.

• ChronicHoosier #1

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:08 AM EDT

Great pic! Hard to believe we’ll be taking the field there in exactly 2 months! Any word on the status of the BB development center? I’ve heard things are a huge mess over there with deadlines and budgets being blown and contractors being fired. Is there any truth to these rumors?

• Mike P #2

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:19 AM EDT

I hope they get their head out of their ass on the BB Center soon. My parking pass this year is for the grass lot across from the stadium instead of on the stadium lot due to the BB Center.

So now, I have to expose my son to the drunken idiots who fill that lot instead of the stadium on game day. Pretty sad when an 8 year old has more knowledge of the game then the people he will be surrounded by.

• Random Drunk Guy #3

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 1:00 PM EDT

HEY!!! I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT!!!

Wait…….a football game falls on the same day as the football themed “Lawn Parties”??!?!?!

• Dynasty #4

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:02 PM EDT

How are they NOT done with the football stadium yet, seriously, I could have finished it, they’ve been working on it since LAST football season, those fat construction workers.. JJJJJJJEEZ

• J Pat #5

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:34 PM EDT

Mike P, I always go to the grass lot. It is not all drunken kids. You have to pick your spot wisely. I found that my 3 year old falls better on grass than concrete!

• Chad B. #6

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 3:14 PM EDT

I agree with Dynasty. Look at how quickly Lucas Oil Stadium has been built and we can’t enclose an endzone in a year’s time. There’s no reason for the outside portion to not have been finished for this upcoming football season.

• DUH #7

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 4:17 PM EDT

Anyone remember the torrential downpours we had last month?? That’s kind of a big part… there is a lot of prep work that goes into building a structure like that. We still have two months and its not supposed to be completely finished by the time football season starts anyways.

• Mike P #8

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 4:47 PM EDT

Big difference in building an entire new structure as compared to putting an addition onto an existing one.

There is a lot of very slow precision work to be done that does not compromise the integrity of the building that is already there, not to mention all of the excavating work required to build the tunnel connecting the practice facility with the new part of the stadium .

Heck, they had to remove the bleachers and wall on the North end of the seats to tie everything together.

• IU Jimmy #9

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 6:20 PM EDT

Ummmm….they’ve been working on Lucas Oil Stadium for 3 years. I realize that its an entirely new stadium, but still, its not like it just popped up. Anyway, why complain? The project is moving along nicely. It will be great.

• cln #10

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 6:42 PM EDT

just for reference, my other alma mater, Stanford, tore down their old stadium and built a new one on the same site between the end of one football season and the beginning of the next.

• Doug T #11

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 7:42 PM EDT

Did nobody else see the the irony of dark clouds hanging over the unfinished F-ball stadium/athletics program.

• Dynasty #12

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:21 PM EDT

Dang, ain’t that the truth Doug..

• IU Jimmy #13

Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:44 PM EDT

Getting new turf and facilities is bad?

• IUHoosier65 #14

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 - 1:34 AM EDT

That’s got to be a Chris Howell photo, right? The man is gifted.

• John #15

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 - 8:39 PM EDT

Any word on the baseball or softball facilities?

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football