Tue., Nov. 25, 2014
Mon., Nov. 24, 2014
Sun., Nov. 23, 2014
Sat., Nov. 22, 2014
Sat., Nov. 22, 2014
Sat., Nov. 22, 2014
Fri., Nov. 21, 2014
Just got this release and am passing it quickly along to you guys. Thoughts on it later.
Bloomington, Indiana–Indiana University President Michael A. McRobbie announced today (Aug. 1) that he has appointed a 13-member committee of faculty, administrators, alumni and Athletic Department representatives to begin a nationwide search for a new athletics director.
The search committee will be chaired by IU Vice President for Engagement Bill Stephan. An Indiana native, Stephan is an attorney by profession with extensive experience in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. In 2005, he became senior vice president for corporate communications and community relations for Clarian Health in Indianapolis, one of the nation’s largest health care systems. Previously, he had been IU’s vice president of university relations and corporate partnerships.
Stephan returned to IU in the fall of 2007 to assume his current position.
“I am extremely pleased that Bill Stephan has agreed to lead this important search,” McRobbie said. “Bill’s longstanding commitment to excellence at Indiana University and the strong personal and professional relationships he has cultivated across the state make him the ideal person to chair this committee.
“Bill will be working with a group of distinguished individuals, all of whom care very deeply about the university. I am confident that, under his leadership, we will find a director who has the experience necessary to lead our Athletic Department into the future and who will embrace the tradition and values of the university.”
The new athletics director will replace current Director of Athletics Rick Greenspan, who announced on June 26 that he would step down from the position, effective the end of the calendar year.
“I look forward to working with President McRobbie, our very accomplished committee and our many friends and supporters of IU, all of whom are committed to bringing forth exceptional candidates,” Stephan said.
Stephan, a 1984 graduate of the IU School of Law-Indianapolis, served earlier this year on the search committee that recommended current IU head basketball coach Tom Crean.
He indicated that the search committee and its members would not be publicly commenting on the progress of the search process until a decision is announced.
Also named to the committee were:
* MaryEllen Bishop, partner at Bose McKinney and Evans LLP and immediate past-chairwoman of the IU Alumni Association
* Tom Crean, head IU men’s basketball coach
* Bruce Jaffee, professor of business economics and public policy and faculty representative on the Athletics Committee
* Julia Lamber, professor of law and associate dean for clinical education, IU School of Law-Bloomington
* Jim Morris, president of Pacers Sports and Entertainment, member of IU Foundation board of directors
* Ned Pfau, president and chief executive officer of George Pfau’s Sons Co., member of IU Foundation board of directors and former national president of the IU Varsity Club
* Mary Ann Rohleder, director of administrative services for athletics
* Mike Sample, vice president for public affairs and government relations
* Anthony Thompson, former All-American IU football player, member of the College Football Hall of Fame, assistant director for development for athletics.
* Roger Thompson, vice provost for enrollment management
* James Wimbush, dean of the University Graduate School, professor of business administration and chair of the University Athletics Committee
* Jerry Yeagley, former IU head men’s soccer coach and member of the U.S. Soccer Federation Hall of Fame
How many games will IU basketball win in 2014-15
Total Voters: 324
Are we forgetting? We say the program is out of control...That Coach [...]
We only have two players from the East: Stan (MD) and Emmitt (NY). [...]
Thanks jeremy for info [...]
Fabulous team play. BTN missing IU women until Jan. 18 is really too b [...]
Butler. Wow. 29 offensive rebounds against NC, who seemed distracted [...]
Venky Jois is a very hard-nosed kid.. with some marvelous instincts ar [...]
Not on BTN until Jan. 18 — bunch of games streamed on BTN Plus befor [...]