Michigan State over Indiana 64-59 on Senior Night.

9 comments by   |   Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 12:21 am EDT

Well since I forgot to update the blog right after the game like I’m supposed to–I figured I would throw in an additional picture for you guys from the game. As usual click on a picture to see a gallery of the images from the Indiana Michigan State game and Senior Night.
Enjoy,
Chris Howell
iu_msu0603.jpgHead coach Tom Crean introduces Indiana forward Kyle Taber with his mother Soozie Goeddie, left, and his father Steve Taber, right, during senior night at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, March 3, 2009.Bonus Pic!iu_msu0173.jpg Indiana forward Tom Pritchard tips off with Michigan State forward Delvon Roe during the first half of Indiana Michigan State basketball game at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, March 3, 2009.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Video: Future Hoosiers at Derby Festival Classic
ScoopTalk: Indiana gets a big man
Hoetzel, Johnson take shot at Derby Festival Classic
Arizona center commits to Indiana
Etherington posts that he will transfer to Butler
J Pat
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 8:07 AM EDT

so proud of the effort. I counted 4 missed trips down the court to tie it up at the end. Wish the basketball GODS were with us just once this year to help get over the hump. Still was proud to walk out of Assembly Hall last night! Oh, to all that killed VJ3 on this blog and others, you have to admit he has really really improved. Also, why did Fink get so much time in the last 2 games? Curious as to what others think. When Fink and Moore are in together…that makes NO sense to me!

Peegs Sucks
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 9:16 AM EDT

I think Fink is in there because of his defense, same with Moore even though I cringe when he is in

Dave
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 10:41 AM EDT

There’s your MVP right there. The trials this kid has gone through since coming to campus and to be the one to carry on the tradition, the legacy of IU BB, and he’s improved his game quite a bit this year as well. Thanks Mr. Taber!

Justin
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 12:54 PM EDT

If you love seeing the IU Gorilla check out this hilarious interview with him.

HiggiStardust
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 4:10 PM EDT

For a few minutes I really believed that IU was going to pull off this huge upset. In any case, I am so proud of this team not folding after the tough loss to Penn St. and fighting like it was for an NCAA Tourny bid. Bravo, gentlemen! Can’t wait to see this team next year, haven’t seen this kind of class and determination in many, many years…

Scott W
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 4:14 PM EDT

I’m going to miss Kyle, He stuck with I.U. though the rough times. Good luck to you Kyle.

Jim
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 4:18 PM EDT

I couldn’t agree more with the comments here. This entire group plays with heart and class. This all starts at the top and coach Crean was certainly the right man at the right time. Kyle Taber is a blue-collar worker who contributes in every way he can and is a fine team player as well. I also agree totally that he represents IU and certainly IU basketball in the way we all respect. I’m really looking forward to next year but this group has endeared themselves with the entire IU nation THIS year with their gameness and hard play and have shown improvement each game despite the W-L record. Sure there were mistakes made and we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly with turnovers and some bad decisions but with a couple of exceptions we were in every game we played and we certainly were last night. Wouldn’t it be great to go into Wisconsin and get one? They will probably think this next game will be a breeze but I think we’ll show up again with our usual toughness and a good game plan and who knows what might happen? I’m also looking forward to the BT tournament and maybe it’s just wishful thinking but I really think we can advance into the next round and surprise a lot of people.

Jimmy
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 10:45 PM EDT

Justin,

You weren’t kiddin’… I would love to help the push to make the Gorilla IU’s official mascot. Great article there on straightpinkie.com !!

JeremyK
Thursday, March 5, 2009 - 9:23 AM EDT

I love the enthusiasm and the spirit, but no way this guy should be the official mascot.

Comments

• Baseball. DeNato Dominates, No. 18 Indiana Blanks Michigan State, 7-0 - Joey DeNato threw eight scoreless innings as the Indiana baseball team (23-11, 9-1 Big Ten) rolled to its seventh straight conference victory and its 11th win in 12 games, 7-0,
  • M. Tennis. Hoosiers Fall at Michigan - The No. 59 Indiana men's tennis team fell 5-2 on the road at Michigan on Friday. They conclude the regular season Sunday at Michigan
  • Jeremiah April commits to IU - Jeremiah April, a 7-foot, 230-pound center from Westwind Preparatory Academy in Glendale, Ariz., committed to IU Friday evening. Verbal Commits ranks his as a two-star prospect. I
  • Black Key Bulls, Teter capture Spring Series - Black Key Bulls and Teter captured the men’s and women’s white jerseys, respectively in dominating fashion Saturday, winning in Team Pursuit. In the men’s finals, Black Key
  • All-Star recap: IU signees - Indiana's three early period signees were in action in two different all-star games on Friday night.
  • Breakdown: 7-footer Jeremiah April - So who is Jeremiah April? Peegs.com spoke to his prep school coach, his mom and others to get a
  • Photo Gallery: Derby Festival Basketball Classic -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Check out 30 photos by Jamie Owens from Friday’s Derby Festival Basketball Classic at Freedom Hall featuring IU signees Max Hoetzel and Robert

• Video: Hoetzel, Johnson talk Derby Festival Basketball Classic -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Future Indiana teammates Max Hoetzel and Robert Johnson were teammates in Friday’s 2014 Derby Festival Basketball Classic at Freedom Hall, falling

• IU Insider Blog: April a big commit - Jeremiah April filled a need for Indiana Friday when the 7-foot center gave Tom Crean his commitment. Here is why I think on paper April's commitment has a chance to be much
  • Blackmon scores 23 in Jordan Brand Classic - Indiana signee James Blackmon Jr. was very impressive Friday night in
  • The Thursday Thinker