Abraham making decision late tonight

A source close to the situation says Moses Abraham, the 6-foot-9, 235-pound Nigerian senior forward playing at Progressive Christian Academy in Temple Hills, Md., will make his college decision around midnight tonight. The source says Abraham has narrowed his choices to Georgetown and Indiana, and that he will meet with IU coach Tom Crean late tonight. Crean is in the area to watch signee Victor Oladipo and his DeMatha team play for the city championship against Ballou.

The reason for the late decision, the source said, is so Abraham can meet with Ejike Ugboaja, a 2006 Cleveland Cavaliers draftee who still runs camps in Nigeria and introduced Abraham to his guardian and trainer, Joe Boncore. He will fly in from D.C. late tonight.

CORRECTION, 5:30 p.m.

The source says the meeting will actually be by phone. The next NCAA contact period does not begin until Tuesday so any in-person contact would be illegal.

• StuHoo says:

Meet with CTC late tonight + midnight decision? Is it possible? Read the Wash Post article today and you’ll get an idea of just how good a kid this would be to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DD says:

Wow, this could be a huge signing if he comes.

• HoosierFan says:

Tom Crean’s Tweets might be telling:

“From the cornfields to the Capitol we are out and about today. We need to get the guys added that can help us get back to Selection Sunday.”

and

“Size, toughness and athleticism is the ingredients of the day.”

• StuHoo says:

This stuff kills me…yet is awfully fun. John Thompson Jr. (that’s the Dad) says this young man has the best shot blocking instincts he’s seen since Patrick Ewing. The article also lists the 4 people MA has connected with during the process, and CTC IS THE ONLY HEAD COACH OF THE 4. Oh please oh please oh please oh please

• 47250IUFan says:

i hope we can get Moses but i think it’s a shot in the dark, we’re going to have to show we can win before we get these guys! but here’s hoping i’m wrong! hard to beat out a team that will be a number 2 seed in the tourney!

• H.B. says:

Here’s what I want to know: how on Earth has IU become a recruiting force in the D.C. area, deep in Big East and ACC territory? We have Creek and Oladipo, Rivers transferred from G-town, we’re in the hunt for Abraham, and in the recent past, we had Marshall Strickland.

Chris, Dustin, and Hugh: any ideas when/why this happened?

• IUlefty says:

The source says he will meet with Crean. However, this is a dead period. No contact is allowed. This part concerns me. Obviously, he will NOT meet w/ Crean.

• Kevin says:

Obviously Dustin understand NCAA recruiting rules. Creen is NOT allowed to have any contact w/ a recruit in person.

Bogus journalism

• Millport says:

Read and comprehend! The statement did not say Crean was going to speak direcly with Abraham. He can speak with Boncore, I think.

• Luke72 says:

I believe he will be a Hoosier! Big wake call for our Bigs if he commits! Go IU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sam says:

G’town has a 4 star PF already for 2010 and another 4 start PF for 2011. Maybe that helps IU’s cause.

• They can speak by phone. It’s an evaluation period, not a dead period, but also not a contact period. My apologies for the misleading post. I heard the word “meeting” and that Crean would be in D.C., assumed the meeting would be in person and didn’t check the recruiting calendar. Maybe I misunderstood something, maybe the source misunderstood something. Regardless, I contacted the source again and straightened things out. Again, my apologies.

• JEllis says:

Congrats to Armon!

• Chill says:

OMG! You gotta love your bracket, Husky.

• you will never row says:

here we go again…

• kurk81 says:

My impeccable source (my dog) tells me that Moses will pick IU or G-town depending on who gets the higher NCAA seed this afternoon. Maybe G-town ill have to give him to us either way as a ‘player to be named later’ in the Rivers/Ewing Jr. trade.

• HoosierFan says:

lol is that really Jamarcus Ellis?

• SAlford says:

Yea, and Im really Steve Alford

• Douglas Carlson says:

I just read that this guy is likely to go to G-town – he cancelled visits to Tenn, Kentucky and IU – he was scheduled be in Bloom for the last reg season game against NU – but he cancelled – I can’t imaging getting a guy who has not made a visit.

But it would be awesome !

• JSI says:

If Moses Abraham would’ve visited to see the girls at IU.. We would have had him on LOCK.

• Caleb says:

He got sick. THats why he couldnt visit IU.

It’s between IU and GT, he is talking with his confidant this evening and probably making a decision tomorrow.

WOuld be a nice get for sure. SOme talk of a suprising choice and that he is intrigued with being a piece of the rebuilding puzzle.

• Ben_M says:

Douglas, he took a visit to Tenn. and it was good from reports. I believe he was to visit btown the same weekend.

• Aruss says:

Dustin – Will you be posting his decision at midnight?

• jookeyjohnson says:

Moses will commit to Gtown tonight. Sorry fellas. He was spotted on campus a few hours ago. Tell Rivers we say hello and he is missing a trip to the final four this year.

• Dougy says:

no chance georgetown makes the final 4.

Comments are closed.

Merchandise

Hoosier Sports Report is live!

How many games will IU football win in 2016?

• vesuvius13:

Po, I wouldn't be surprised if IU wins more than 7 games this year. [...]

• Harvard for Hillbillies:

[...]

• Podunker:

Once again, I'm confused by Wilson's comments about his QBs. Is he pl [...]

• Hoosier Clarion:

v I'm with your thinking about this year and for the very reasons Po l [...]

• Podunker: