Crean said he’s taking Elston at his word

Indiana coach Tom Crean said he addressed Derek Elston’s tripping incident today after watching the film of the game. He said Elston told him it was unintentional. Crean said the two discussed the incident at length, but decided to take him at his word that it was unintentional, indicating that there will be no further punishment for the incident.

More on this later.

UPDATE: So hear is what Crean said exactly.

“I didn’t get a good look at it during the game at all. I didn’t see it until it was on the film. I brought him up to the plane. He stayed with the same thing. He said to me that he didn’t do it intentionally. I know exactly what it looks like. I told him the same thing. When I looked at, it the referee had a good view of it. I didn’t argue it. In comparison to (Devan Dumes’s intentional foul two years ago) I don’t think there is any comparison because there’s no question that that was intentional. i wasn’t surprised by it. In this situation, it would be highly out of character for Derek to be dishonest or do something of that nature in a negative way. It would be truly out of character, and if he did it would be a mistake. That’s the end of story. We got the intentional foul, they got the foul shots. I looked at it. I discussed it with him. But the last thing I’m going to do is break down a trust by accusing a player of something that he says he didn’t do on purpose. I’m not trying to put my head in the sand, that’s just the way that it is. Again, it would be different if it was something that was after the fact that you see on film. Those are the things that you react a little bit more to. The referee saw it, the referee handled it.”

• Bobbie Sue #1

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 7:57 PM EST

This strikes me as a coaching leadership problem.

I don’t care what Derek SAYS, it is obvious from looking at it that it was intentional.

• Eric #2

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:03 PM EST

What a shock. Tom won’t discipline a player. He’s has no better character than the last joker. Keep supporting him hoosiers. I hope he’s there forever.

• Fab5 #3

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:20 PM EST

I have to hope this report isn’t true Dustin. For one it is disappointing that Elston can’t man up and admit he did make a mistake. Also disappointing that Crean ‘trusts his word’ instead of looking at the film.

On a lighter note, maybe Crean also trusts Verdell when he says he does look for the open man, and he trusts Watford when he says he does box out; if Crean didn’t watch the Elston trip on video is there any reason to assume he watches any of the game film?

• Bart #4

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:23 PM EST

Things aren’t always as they appear, but in this case, I don’t think anyone would agree that this tripping was not intentional. Very disappointed in the way Coach Crean is handling this so far.

• JerodMSF #5

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:34 PM EST

From my vantage point on the couch, it was 100% clear that Derek’s trip was intentional. This is a GREAT opportunity for Tom Crean to draw lines in the sand and send a message of discipline and accountability. I am very disappointed that he is refusing to do so, but sadly it jives with what we’ve seen on the court – a team that does not play with any discipline or accountability.

Damnit Crean, this is the wrong decision and a lost opportunity if you do not act. The inmates should not run the asylum. We did that with Sampson. It was a failure. You’ve recruited good kids and have turned around so many things. Go all the way with it. Indiana players do not blatantly trip opponents. It’s uncalled for and something I want to have to tacitly support by being a loyal IU fan.

Very disappointed in this. Very.

• Jim #6

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:37 PM EST

Disappointing. Clearly intentional. At least Coach Crean could have acknowledged it and said it was being handled in house. Then at least it seems like he’s recognizing the intentional nature of it and that there is some behind-the-scenes consequence. Instead he’s like a parent living in denial, willing to believe anything just to that he doesn’t have to believe his angel did anything wrong.

Disappointing.

• Casey #7

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:38 PM EST

If I recall, Crean permanently dismissed Basset and Ellis from the team when he had the chance to bring them back. Many criticized that move.

Now, he gives Elston the benefit of the doubt, and he’s equally criticized for, of all things, his character? Are you serious?

Try to separate your disappointment in the team’s play from your judgments of Crean’s character. If Crean’s done anything right thus far, it’s rebuild the integrity of the program and recruit character guys.

Most of the criticism Crean’s received lately is definitely warranted, but can we please refrain from turning this into a situation in which no matter what he does, he’s wrong?

• Speedway #8

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:42 PM EST

Eric:

Why do you even troll on these boards?

• Mark #9

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:58 PM EST

This is a sad and disappointing way to address a problem. I don’t think there is much question that it was intentional.

Crean is creating another problem but not dealing with this one appropriately. I’m not suggesting suspending Elston, but would sitting him out the first 10 minutes of the next game be a better way of stating that we won’t tolerate that kind of behavior at IU?

Lets hope this isn’t a sign of more bad behavior to come, no repercussions, Coach will just make an excuse for poor behavior.

• Aruss #10

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 9:12 PM EST

How can anyone even follow this team to care? Prior to crean cleaning house I wouldn’t miss a second of IU hoops and now I’ve completely lost interest. The program is just blah…no passion, just waiting for the help to arrive years down the road. Sampson use to have INTENSITY on the back of the players practice shorts; crean must have Zzzzzz on this team’s.

• WestCoat Hoosier #11

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 9:28 PM EST

It looks like a trip to me, but I’m a long way away and watching on tape.

Also, I know how angles can be misleading and how film can present things wrong. Talk to a professor in the film department!

Crean did what anyone should do – he asked the player about it.

And the player presumably explained things and denied purposely tripping.

Add in the fact that Crean knows Elston in ways that we cannot. He has seen him Elston in practice for two years. Elston’s words rang true for Crean.

Based on all that and on the fact that there have been no other incidents, I’m ok with Crean’s decision.

Having said that, I would keep a close eye out for any repeats or similar behavior, but I am surprised that all of the folks on this list seem so sure and so angry.

Stuff happens sometimes.

• Deep Dish #12

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 9:38 PM EST

Derek had a perfectly acceptable explanation…

“This little piggy went to Marcotullio, this little piggy stayed home…”

• Deep Dish #13

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 9:55 PM EST

Derek had a 2nd perfectly acceptable explanation prepared for the inquiry…

“I was just tying to play some toenacios ‘D’…”

• TERRY #14

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:06 PM EST

THAT WAS THE ONLY DEFENSIVE STOP WE HAD ALL NIGHT!!! REMEMBER THE OLD “FIRE MIKE DAVIS” SITE….LET’S START THE “FIRE TOM CREAN” SITE.DIDN’T THINK THAT THERE WAS ANY COACH WORSE THAT MIKE DAVIS…I WAS WRONG…AND IU HAS HAD THEM BOTH.NEED TO START FROM THE TOP DOWN..FIRST GLASS..THEN CREAN AND THE ENTIRE STAFF…IU BASKETBALL CANNOT POSSIBLY GO ANY LOWER THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW…WE HAVE AN 0-18 SEASON COMING.PEOPLE SAY ‘WAIT..LOKK WHAT WE HAVE COMING” WON’T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IF WE DON’T HAVE A COACH THAT KNOW’S WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.IU PLAY’S NO DEFENSE AT ALL.COME ON..93 POINT’S TO NORTHWESTERN???? OH GET USE TO IT..GLASS DOESN’T HAVE THE NERVE TO FIRE CREAN…WHO WOULD WANT THE IU JOB NOW??? ONLY 5-10 COLLEGE TEAM’S IN THE ENTIRE NATION WORSE THAN IU…VERY SAD STORY…IT’S NOT MYLES BRAND FAULT…IT’S WHAT THE AD AND BOARD OF TRUSTEE’S DID AFTER THAT FIRING THAT HAS MESSED IU UP.IU WILL NEVER IN THE NEXT 10 YEAR’S RECOVER FROM THIS.IU HAD ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT…THEY FAILED..SO NOW ALL IU FAN’S MUST WATCH THIS PATHIC DISPLAY OF BALL.

• Deep Dish #15

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:17 PM EST

Derek had a 3rd perfectly acceptable explanation prepared for the inquiry…

“My damn foot had fallen asleep from you keeping me on the bench so long. I was attempting to restore circulation.”

• J Pat #16

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:21 PM EST

Not excusing the trip, I am not sure either way but nobody has mentioned his beloved Grandpa died just days prior…again, not excusing but when I lost a couple family members in college I did not act right for a few days. As a young person it is hard to wrap your head around stuff like that and emotions get carried away…

• get real #17

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:24 PM EST

“The trip” is what it is.

What is really bothering fans is that this is a team that badly needs to “overachieve” and we have a coach who allows them to “underachieve”. Its like trying to teach a group of of “C” students like a group of MIT students— the same methods won’t work. So the students really don’t learn , then eventually lose interest or digress. Some don’t worry because they get the same minutes anyway.

Those that buy the wait for “5″ years argument are missing the “play hard for 40 minutes ” argument. Believe it or not “C” students can play hard for 40 minutes given the right methods and discipline. Why haven’t the walk-ons started a game to send this message– I don’t know. Its time for the coach to separate himself from the players.

• Cooper #18

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:26 PM EST

He tripped someone so what? Its a game people get emotional and pissed off. Granted he handled it wrong but what do you want him to be kicked off the team? Suspending him for a game hurts the team. Make him run some stairs.

It would be nice to see Crean show some emotion and get a tec or get thrown out.

Someone on this freaking team show some fight

• southport65 #19

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:30 PM EST

It is nice to hear how all of you “fan Coaches” would react to your player saying he did not do it on purpose. At this point in time coach spends more time with these kids than their parents. I wonder how you all would react when your own son swears they did not do something and the whole world says your son is a liar! Of course your son makes good grades,of course he has never done something like this before and of course your son does not make a practice of not being truthful. Now if your son has a history of being untruthful and has been a dirty player all through high school and his 1st year and a half at college then you won’t believe him and punishment should come. I wonder how Elston’s parents are taking all your guilty verdicts. I have 4 son’s and I trust them to be truthful but if they lie they know the hammer is coming down but I always try and see their point the 1st time. I believe that is how you guilty 1st ask questions later guys would handle your own kids and that is watch Coach is doing. He is letting his player have a 1st chance and shame on him if it happens again. Not much different than all of you would do if you were truthful.

• ChronicHoosier #20

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:51 PM EST

I love that, in relying on Elston’s character in his defense, Crean directly infers that Dumes’ elbows were totally in character for Devan. That’s an honest man.

• PB #21

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 11:16 PM EST

Add this incident and reaction by Crean to the pile of weird this season is turning out to be. Not the response I expected by Crean when the tape so clearly tells a different story.

But hey surprise me. With the strange chemistry or lack thereof that has developed in the last month with this team I can handle weirder.

This team needs a win in the next game more than any other IU team in recent past.

PB

• iual88 #22

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 11:28 PM EST

Who cares about the tripping? Did you see the game?

I can sum up this team in one play from last night. Jones III gets a rebound and is challenged by a Nortwestern player. Instead of securing the ball, he tries to get a foul by falling down, loses the ball, the Northwestern player recovers and scores two points.

My problem with these kids is they never take anything away from anyone. Do they think they will win just doing what the coach says? They have no identity. They, as a team, have no vision about what they want and how they want to be perceived. Crean has a vision. I feel like he has more fire than these damn kids. Unfortunately, Crean can’t rebound!!!

Yes, the coach is responsible, but the kids are accountable. Name a Big Ten Champion or NCAA championship team that didn’t have at least two great players.

• Chet #23

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 11:46 PM EST

Man, you guys are pretty desperate for a controversy. This is the best you can find?
    That a trip “was intentional”.
    That’s it? Really?
    Oh, brother.

• IULONGAGO #24

Monday, January 10, 2011 - 11:57 PM EST

It may not have been premeditated but it was intentional (unless he has some undiagnosed medical condition that causes his left foot to slowly kick out as someone is coming by). He and Crean should take this seriously. Admit, change, and move on as better people.

• Big Bob #25

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 8:11 AM EST

I heard that he has RLS and did’nt take his meds. But really, he is lying.

• Rob #26

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 8:58 AM EST

Forget all the big picture stuff, such as if Crean lacks disipline with the team and all. The video clearly shows that the trip was intentional. Very unclassy, and not what IU is ablut. Elston should suffer the consequences. Perhaps sit out first half of next game or something.

• RAM #27

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:03 AM EST

If you have watched Elston’s play over the last two seasons it’s clear he makes overly aggressive and dumb moves and then acts surprised when he gets called for it.For Coach Crean not to recognize that fact is ridiculous.There seems to be no consequences for poor play or bad behavior on this basketball team.

• RAM #28

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:31 AM EST

The starting lineup for the next game should be Rivers,Sheehey.Moore,Oladipo and JEFF HOWARD.

• Hoosier Clarion #29

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 11:37 AM EST

Derek Elston’s frustration goes from a mole hill to Everest in a two second film clip. Was it good behavior, hell no. Does anyone on here think Coach Crean did not privately express to DE what he really thought? If IU was winning over half of you folks would not even post about this topic. I’ll bet the next game DE plays like we all think he is capable of. He doing that shuts us all up. I am giving him a pass. Any of you ever had one?

• Big Bob #30

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 12:48 PM EST

He is already playing like I thought he was capable of, and that is that he is not really capable of playing at this level.
    He is not Big Ten material just like most of the others on this team.

• Hoosier Clarion #31

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 1:27 PM EST

When he is a Junior and Senior and more developed for the B10 you will talk out the other side of your mouth.

• Steve Alford #32

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 1:29 PM EST

Hire me, a Hoosier, an Indiana legend. The recruits will still come to IU after you let the current coach go, but we will win and do it the way Indiana did during my time as a player. Take a look here and tell me who is more qualified to coach basketball at Indiana University.

• Big Bob #33

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 1:35 PM EST

He will never be developed enough for Big Ten play.

• 87IUNC #34

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 2:05 PM EST

VERY Disappointed in both DE and CTC. DE is a kid and he made a heat-of-the-moment bad decision. ALL kids have at one time or another. But be a MAN and admit that you made a mistake and make a public apology. That’s was a man does, not keep lying about it like a elementary school child. Tom keeps saying that he’s building a program “the right way” that we can all be proud of again. Here’s news for you Tom, THIS NOT HOW YOU DO IT. Make a statement, punish the kid for his mistake and move on. By denying all reality and pretending that it was unintentional says a lot about the pressure you’re feeling to win…even if a bit of your moral character needs to be compromised. I’ve very disappointed.

• Derek Elston #35

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 2:26 PM EST

I kid, I kid. I tripped him on purpose. Coach said it was cool though. No worries.

• RAM #36

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 3:55 PM EST

Hoosier Clarion

The whole coaching staff and basketball program has been given at least Three passes.2008-2009,2009-2010, and this season 2010-2011.I will not buy in to the reasoning that this team does not have to play up a standard that is expected at Indiana university until 2012 or 2013. SORRY

• Hoosier Clarion #37

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 5:14 PM EST

Anybody who counts 08-09 as anything but a stopgap against forfeiting is only a bitcher or a fool. The six upper-class members of this team could not be playing on any other B10 roster. That’s half a team. Coach K never started having consistent success until year #4 at Duke and he had a team to start out with in year #1. Surprised? In 2011-2012 you like big bob will be talking out of the other side of your mouth also.

• TERRY #38

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 8:13 PM EST

WITH CREAN AT INDIANA…WE ARE AT BEST ONLY AN NIT TEAM.LOOK AT HIS MARQ. RECORD.ONE FINAL FOUR..BECAUSE OF WADE..GOT BLOWED OUT BY KENTUCKY…HOWEVER CREAN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE…BUYOUT IS TO GREAT.BESIDES THAT..WHO WOULD WANT TO COME TO INDIANA TO COACH NOW???THE PROGRAM IS IN A MESS…AND WILL BE FOR SEVERAL MORE YEAR’S.IF IU FIRED CREAN AT THE END OF THE SEASON..WE WOULD GET NOBODY.NO COACH WOULD COME HERE..ALFORD COULD TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND..WITH THE HELP OF HIS DAD..BUT HE IS NOT INTERESTED..WITTMAN WOULD HELP..NOT INTERESTED..DACKICH..WOULDN’T HELP AT ALL…ONLY COACH WE COULD GET THAT MIGHT HELP..DANE FIFE..AND HE IS NOT MUCH BETTER THAN CREAN.IN 5 YEAR’S THERE WILL BE NO MORE THAN 10,000 FAN’S PER GAME AT THE HALL.PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY LOST INTEREST.THIS YEAR’S 0-18 BIG TEN RECORD WON’T HELP.IF IU BEAT’S ANYBODY IN THE BIG TEN THIS YEAR..AT HOME OR ON THE ROAD..THAT COACH SHOULD BE FIRED ALSO.IU IS NOT EVEN A GOOD HS TEAM.

• Hoosier Clarion #39

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:11 PM EST

The BS manufacturer must be a 4tickturds clone.

• RAM #40

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 9:28 AM EST

HOOSIER CLARION
    You seem to miss the point as anyone with blinders on would.As far as 2011 is concerned how do YOU know whats going to happen? Are you GOD or do you just think you are? This coaching staff has not proven they can coach anyone let alone Cody Zeller.

• Hoosier Clarion #41

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 10:29 AM EST

The only reason you mention anything about blinders is because you don’t use them, you are blind. The point is we get to add two more pieces to the puzzle again next year. As VO and Will have shown they are productive so will AE and Cody. Next year Vic and Will be more productive as will the whole 09 class. That’s how it works in college sports, the more of the better pieces the better the product on the floor. Ask Coach K about his first 3 years a Duke and he started with a whole team his first year. So lubricate the other side of your mouth. When you need more learning come calling anytime. There maybe a chance you could get above Terry’s level.

• RAM #42

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 11:34 AM EST

This team should be able to beat at least five Big Ten teams THIS YEAR.Let us all hope Coach Crean can do a better job with Cody than he has with Watford.Quit making excuses for a under achieving basketball team.Go tell your boss you aren’t going to be worth a crap this year but you will be better next year.See how long you have a job.

• TERRY #43

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 3:50 PM EST

HOOSIER CLARION..YOU ARE RIGHT WE WILL HAVE 2 MORE PIECE’S TO THE PUZZLE NEXT YEAR..HOWEVER WE DON’T HAVE A COACH THAT WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.COACH K’S FIRST 2-3 YEAR’S AT DUKE WERE NOT VERY GOOD..THEY EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT LETTING HIM GO…BUT CREAN IS NOT..NOR EVER WILL BE ..IN THE SAME BOAT AS COACH K.YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THINKING CREAN WILL TURN IT AROUND HERE..NO BODY ELSE DOES.THE PLAYER’S ARE WORSE THIS YEAR THAN LAST..I TO THOUGHT WE WOULD BE DECENT THIS YEAR..MAYBE 15-18 WIN’S MAYBE A NIT BID.BUT CALL IT WHAT IT IS..THIS TEAM HAS NOTHING..GOING DOWNHILL FASTER THAN ANY COLLEGE TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN.BELIEVE ME GLASS IS GETTING HEAT FROM THE ALUMNI…I KNOW THAT FIRST HAND..CREAN BETTER TURN IT AROUND FAST..BETTER WIN 18-20 GAME’S NEXT YEAR..OR WE WILL BE HIRING A NEW COACH.I KNOW ONE ALUMNI THAT HAS ALREADY OFFERED TO PAY CREAN’S BUY OUT..HOOSIER CLARION..WAKE UP..YOUR BUBBLE IS ABOUT TO BUST!!! HOLD ON IU FAITHFUL..CAN’T SAY TO MUCH RIGHT NOW..BUT..HELP IS ON THE WAY!! SIT TIGHT.

• Hoosier Clarion #44

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 9:42 PM EST

Ram, I am my boss.
    You boys continue to play with the toys in your head. I enjoy your comedy act though. Terry my grandchildren cannot even dream up the whoppers you tell. You should write a gossip column. It takes facts backed up by verifiable sources to be believable. Whenever you get some I’ll listen. Until then you rival the National Enquirer, or are a clone of 4tickturds. 15 to 18 W’s, and you know basketball? Hurry back I want to keep this belly laugh up.

• RAM #45

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 10:56 PM EST

Boss of what Grandpa? you hear only what you want to hear.

• Hoosier Clarion #46

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 11:18 PM EST

…and that is why I can tell you boys not to forget to put your toys away…also be punctual in the morning or your boss will spank you during your review…indeed it must be hell working for someone else…

• RAM #47

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 11:58 PM EST

Is that what the coach does to you if you don’t carry his water? bet you like it don’t you?

• Washington Apple #48

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 8:20 AM EST

“GOT BLOWED OUT BY KENTUCKY” says Terry.

That’s all we need to know about Terry.

Crean will be fine when he has the players. Period.

• Chet #49

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 9:39 AM EST

Please never block Terry. His words need to be heard. As someone else suggested, his writing just screams Kaintuck. If he’s gonna keep posting (and I don’t see why not) let’s chip in and buy him a new keyboard. It must be a broken key or else he’s just an idiot. Much like Terry, there are polarizing figures throughout the world that I stridently disagree with. Like Bin Laden or that little twerp in Iran. Some right here, you betcha. That being said, I enjoy seeing their words posted all over the media. Just keep talking. I don’t think they can be quoted enough. The more the world sees of them, the more they are exposed for what they are. Just keep talking.

• TERRY #50

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 2:50 PM EST

YOU GUY’S ARE VERY STUPID…MY ONLY COMMENT TODAY..JUST WAIT…THEN YOU WILL SEE WHO KNOWS MORE…THE GUY WITH ALL CAPS…OR YOU OTHER STUPID PEOPLE THAT THINK IU BASKETBALL IS RIGHT ON TRACK..RIGHT WHERE IT SHOULD BE…JUST WAIT…THEN WHEN YOU READ MY POSTS..YOU WILL KNOW THAT I KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT..HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO YOU IDIOTS…YOU ARE JUST TV FANS..YOU HAVE PROBABLY NEVER SEEN THE INSIDE OF ASSEMBLY HALL..OR DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE IT’S AT?? IF WHAT I POST DOESN’T COME TRUE IN THE NEXT 6-8 WEEK’S…YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO HEAR FROM ME AGAIN..BUT LIKE I SAID…JUST WAIT….!!!

• Washington Apple #51

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 3:04 PM EST

TERRY:

I am “blowed” away by your intelligence.

How many games will IU basketball win in 2014-15

• 16-19 (45%, 145 Votes)
  • 20-23 (36%, 117 Votes)
  • 15 or less (12%, 38 Votes)
  • 24 or more (7%, 24 Votes)

Total Voters: 324

IU vs Texas Southern men\'s basketball

Men's Basketball Player Pages

[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_blackmon1.jpg]1470James Blackmon, Jr.
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard James Blackmon Jr. (1)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_zeisloft1.jpg]1260Nick Zeisloft
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Nick Zeisloft (2)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hoetzel1.jpg]1010Max Hoetzel
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Max Hoetzel (3)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_johnson1.jpg]930Robert Johnson
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Robert Johnson (4)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_williams1.jpg]930Troy Williams
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Troy Williams (5)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_burton1.jpg]710Ryan Burton
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Ryan Burton (10)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_yogi1.jpg]810Yogi Ferrell
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Yogi Ferrell (11)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_perea1.jpg]810Hanner Mosquera-Perea
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea (12)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_robinson1.jpg]720Stanford Robinson
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Stanford Robinson (22)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_ritchie1.jpg]670Nate Ritchie
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Nate Ritchie (23)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_holt1.jpg]720Emmitt Holt
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Emmitt Holt (25)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hartman1.jpg]790Collin Hartman
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Collin Hartman (30)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_priller1.jpg]870Tim Priller
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Tim Priller (35)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_april1.jpg]960Jeremiah April
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers center Jeremiah April (44)

Women's Basketball Player Pages

[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_walter1.jpg]430Jess Walter
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Jess Walter (2)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_buss1.jpg]1160Tyra Buss
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Tyra Buss (3)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_brooks1.jpg]580Larryn Brooks
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Larryn Brooks (5)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_agler1.jpg]530Taylor Agler
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Taylor Agler (10)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_bell2.jpg]440Nicole Bell
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Nicole Bell (12)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_stratman1.jpg]450Liz Stratman
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hulls1.jpg]410Kaila Hulls
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard/forward Kaila Hulls (15)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_mcbride1.jpg]440Karlee McBride
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Karlee McBride (21)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_gassion1.jpg]540Alexis Gassion
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Alexis Gassion (23)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_muensterman1.jpg]380Maura Meunsterman
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Maura Muensterman (31)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_mize1.jpg]320Andrea Mize
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Andrea Mize (32)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_cahill1.jpg]320Amanda Cahill
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Amanda Cahill (33)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_jakubicek1.jpg]320Claire Jakubicek
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Claire Jakubicek (34)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_leikem1.jpg]320Lyndsay Leikem
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Lyndsay Leikem (40)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_anderson1.jpg]330Jenn Anderson
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers center Jenn Anderson (43)
  • t:

Beamer as with others were not overnight successes, however Beamer had [...]

• Hoosier Clarion:

To give up D1 would be to give up the B1G. Not happening. As far as [...]

• Chet:

Duke was never a D1-AA (i.e. FCS) team. [...]

• TsaoTsuG:

Jeremy, the following strikes me: You state, "Technically, you coul [...]

• iuhoosier1992:

I am beginning to wonder if IU football is at the point that it needs [...]

• TsaoTsuG:

Indiana played well enough to win and deserve the win. We have a reall [...]

• Jeremy Price: