ScoopTalk: On To The Big Ten

• coachv #1

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 1:17 AM EDT

dustin,

i’m surprised i haven’t heard any speculation about roth applying for an extra year due to his (mostly) missed sophomore year due to the foot injury. i’m sure he’d qualify. can always use a good shooter. he could probably even pay his own way so as not to use a scholorship. can you ask the staff about it?

• Harvard for Hillbillies #2

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 6:46 AM EDT

I really don’t understand the tiptoeing through the tulips when speaking of Verdell. I personally don’t think the team misses a beat when he’s not on the floor. I would trade VJ’s minutes with Elston and Remy in a heartbeat.

Tonight was just an off night…I don’t think it was a byproduct of the injury to Jones. Games during holiday breaks are notorious for being boring and lackluster.

Key players? I can’t see this team making much headway without Cody, Christian, Jordy, and VO..After those four staples, I believe the parts are pretty interchangeable. I also agree with comments made by Perry Clark on the ESPN3 broadcast of tonight’s game…Perry felt that Watford is the guy IU can’t afford to have subpar performances. I don’t think he was discounting the importance of Zeller. He was focusing more on the importance of having a guy with an abundance of versatility and a repertoire of skills that can take a game inside or outside,

• Chet #3

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:25 AM EDT

Verdell needs to be careful with that injury. I’d rest it for about 4 months.

I sure didn’t see that ‘drop off’ when he left. Looked to me like the game turned into a blowout. We need Will back ASAP, though.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #4

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 2:19 PM EDT

Did Wilt Chamberlain commit 15.000 turnovers on his way to 31,000 career points? I love how some “experts” like to digest all the facts of the forest, but can’t see the tree they’re about to run their nose into.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #5

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 2:48 PM EDT

Far more creative than Wilt in the post, Shaq helps the Celtics crawl back into a game.

• Walt #6

Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 7:22 PM EDT

DId I sleep with 20,000 women on the way to 31,000 career points?

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football