Live Discussion: Michigan State at Indiana

• Geoff says:

5 Keys:

1) Dipo is primary defender on Appling
    2) Zeller gets Payne in early foul trouble, then gets Nix in foul trouble too
    3) Watford concentrates on D’ing up Green and doesn’t give a crap about forcing offense
    4) Sheehey and Elston pick up offensive slack and combine for 20 & 10
    5) Jones & Hulls < 6 combined TO's

Would be a big win tonight, game will be played in the 60's… IU gets beat 66-63 unfortunately. Sorry Harvard.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

Those keys are bogus! Here are my five keys.

Indiana 84
    MSU 74

Zeller scores 23

• Ron (in Florida) says:

Dipo % Sheehey stars so far—-looking good early–energy

• Me says:

Michigan State has adjusted to the homer whistles and will come back to win despite this disgrace to college basketball

• Laffy says:

LOL!!

You’re a disgrace to the human race.

Maybe some day you’ll get over Bobby getting fired.

• Laffy says:

HATS OFF TO HILLBILLY!!!

I’ll take a triple order of crow.

• Me says:

Doesn’t seem fishy to you laffy? Winning when the other team is wearing handcuffs is no laughing matter. It’s embarrassing! You are probably on welfare if you think that Indiana deserved to beat UK OSU And MSU. You probably buy sushi with your food stamps

• Chet says:

Well, how about that!!!

Seriously guys, why do you engage the resident hate troller? He feeds on you.

• psych says:

Fire Crean. Shut down the program. Get rid of every IU player. Watford sucks, Hulls sucks, and VJ3 sucks. Season ended after Iowa.

*I’ll keep doing this until IU loses next.

• Chet says:

Sushi with food stamps? Hmmm, hadn’t thought of that. I usually just buy prime rib and caviar. To be fair, it doesn’t go very far.

• weallbleedred says:

HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS!!!!!!!!

• Wayne O says:

Great to see Indiana knock off another
    big opponent…..Now we finally have two thirds of the triangle of death back…..Great win and well deserveed from a UK fan

• HT says:

Called it. (So did Harv, and so did Clarion- almost).

Nice to see the ‘gut feeling’ win out over the sabermetric statistical analysis once in a while.

Laffy, honestly you were nuts to think we’d be blown out. I can see predicting a close loss, but blown out? Come on.

• Hoosier Clarion says:

I do not know which assistants were responsible for the game plan tonight but they deserves a raise and a commendation for the file. Exploit their weaknesses by exercising our strengths. The best D I’ve seen all year has been the last 2 games. POTFB!

• Hoosier Clarion says:

I’ll bet it is a sea of human jubilation in Nicks right how.

• Chet says:

Thank you, Wayne O. The rivalries are back in force. The Yin and Yang are in balance.

HC, no kidding. The guys executed a fantastic game plan. Gee, do you think they saw a mismatch with Victor? My goodness.

My favorite moment of the night may have been Cody getting a steal off the dribble in the back court and then going all the way for a dunk.

…or Vic taking off from the top of the key for a dunk.

I love this team. Maybe my favorite Hoosier team ever.

• Podunker says:

Is there a tougher place to play in all of college basketball? B-town rocks.

Wow, this may be IU biggest win in four years! I know the KU win was huge, but this win made a statement.

• HT says:

Chet-

The Cody steal-and-dunk was awesome. That skinny white guy with the calm face has some serious gumption.

I think my second favorite play of the game was the series where MSU had pulled to 6 late in the game. Watford pulled down a clutch board off the missed free throw, then a few plays later hit a rattle-in 3 pointer. Totally deflated the Sparts.

• Hoosier Clarion says:

Chet and Po, Ditto all. Most satisfying W of the season – with a Heiniken. Cheers. POTFB!

• Chet says:

That would be UK. Time for the Crean bashers to step forward. Come on. If you don’t step up new you are forever a weasel… Come on.

Anyone?

Bueller?

• HT says:

Chet- leave them alone. They are sulking right now in a corner somewhere. Don’t worry, Rico and the gang will be back to celebrate the next loss.

• Laffy says:

Yes, I did think we’d get killed.

I think MSU is going to the Final Four and I thought we’d fold.

Glad to say I was dead wrong.

• Chet says:

Did you guys notice the post game handshakes? That was a bunch of guys with a ton of respect for each other. No quick hand slaps. They were talking and hugging. It was pretty cool.

• HOOSIERPLUS says:

HT

Your second fav play, I thought was great. Hulls spotted Wat across the court and fired a pass to Wat’s fav spot. Wat ‘s 3 was not pretty, but I think it kept us rolling.

• psych says:

In my serious post, how about Christian Watford tonight? 13-14 boards? He woke up from the dead.

Absolutely incredible season. Even if IU does not win another game (they will), I have never been more proud to be a Hoosier fan (too young to remember their championship seasons) after all the crap IU has had to endure the past few years. There is absolutely NOTHING to complain about tonight. Perfectly executed gameplan. Even when MSU got within 6, I had this calm feeling that IU would be able to put it away. Rarely had that feeling before tonight.

Comments are closed.

Merchandise

Who will be IU's starting quarterback this fall?

Indiana football spring game 2016

• Chet:

V13, I believe that principal has been well established here. [...]

• Podunker:

Obviously, early verbal commitments by highly rated players are worthl [...]

• Podunker:

Jerry Jones is either living in the past or is beginning to lose his m [...]

• Podunker:

I was really surprised Nate dropped so far in this draft. I knew he w [...]

• Podunker: