Watford named to All-Tournament team

Indiana’s Christian Watford was named to the NCAA South Regional All-Tournament team, joining Kentucky’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Anthony Davis and Doron Lamb and Baylor’s Quincy Acy. Kidd-Gilchrist was named the regional’s Most Outstanding Player.

Watford averaged 19 points in three NCAA Tournament games, scoring 27 in the loss against Kentucky on Friday night.

• jayrig5 #1

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 8:08 PM EDT

No objections to that team. Good for Watford, he deserved it. Hope he stays for another year, wouldn’t be surprised to see him declare without an agent, just so he can get some feedback/info from NBA teams on what he needs to work on and what the NBA sees him as. Every NCAA junior with NBA aspirations should do that, since you get one freebie declaration. But I don’t think he’d lose anything coming back and being a top option on a team that’s sure to get a lot of exposure next season.

• Laffy #2

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 8:15 PM EDT

I think it would be smart for him to declare, and not get an agent, for that very reason.

Always great to get feedback like that.

I think he’s going to have a MONSTER year next year so he’ll get drafted high.

• The Ole WiscHoosier #3

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 9:43 PM EDT

“unbelievable!”

and

“it went in!”

• Podunker #4

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 2:41 AM EDT

Laffy, I agree. Declare, but don’t get an agent. See what your market value is. Would he be a first rounder? No way, even though he had a great tournament.

• HT #5

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 5:46 AM EDT

UK-Louisville will be awesome.

I guess we will finally be able to put Chet’s theory that “all Louisville fans are UK fans” to test.

• Squatpump #6

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 9:34 AM EDT

Kentucky vs. Louisville game should be played with chain nets on blacktop.

• Squatpump #7

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 9:36 AM EDT

Kentucky vs. Louisville game should be played with chain nets on blacktop.

• jesus4u #8

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 12:48 PM EDT

Anthony Davis? Come on? Cody Zeller far outplayed him for the 2nd time this season.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #9

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 1:57 PM EDT

And to think Purdue let what appeared to be certain victory slip away in the final two minutes against Kansas…Was Purdue a Final Four team? Kansas doesn’t belong. North Caroline lost their point guard..Syracuse lost Fab Melo. Kentucky will not face the teams in the Final Four that had the most talent. Might as well hand the trophy to them now. IU will be the only team that gave Kentucky a true test.

• Geoff #10

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 2:33 PM EDT

Agreed Harvard. Although I think OSU could give them a run. Unfortunately, OSU doesn’t bode well against KU-style teams – they were 1-3 this year against KU and MSU.

However, we’ve seen them destroy a talented Duke team that likes to get out and play and is more focused on O than D.

If they can get by KU I think they could battle UK for the title.

I don’t think KU would stand a chance against the ‘Cats.

• iuhoosier1992 #11

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 3:23 PM EDT

Geoff, was the Kansas game the game that Sullinger missed due to injury? If so, that would make a big difference this time around.

• Jay Gregg #12

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 5:25 PM EDT

Iuhoosier1992,

Yes, Sullinger did miss the game against Kansas. I believe that OSU lost by 4 points, at Lawrence.

• Geoff #13

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 5:58 PM EDT

Yes, Sullinger was out, it was at KU, but they lost by 11…

For what it’s worth, I predict OSU will win this game. I think they are a better team. Obviously Sullinger makes a huge difference. I just see a lot of similarities to how KU and MSU are constructed this year and their style of play. Both of those teams also have experienced tacticians at the helm.

Should be a decent game, but I see OSU matching up better against Kentucky.

• Podunker #14

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 10:02 PM EDT

How about the 75 Hoosiers? Scott May breaks him arm and that was the only reason IU did not win back-to-back undefeated NCAA Championships. You have to have a little luck to win the championship.

• Milicent #15

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:17 PM EDT

Where can I find a “I hate Kentucky Shirt? Thanks.

• Milicent #16

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:18 PM EDT

Where can I find a “I hate KY” shirt? Thanks.

• MMOGSTOP #17

Sunday, April 8, 2012 - 7:23 AM EDT

MMOGSTOP.com is the leading provider of WoWGold, FFXI Gil, RS Gold,EverQuest Platinum, and Warhammer online gold.MMOG STOP delivers fast, safe and always guaranteed.

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football