From Indiana sports information.
CHICAGO – Indiana junior guard Christian Watford’s buzzer-beating 3-pointer against then-No. 1 Kentucky wins the 2012 GEICO Play of the Year, Intersport announced on Sunday, March 25. Throughout the college basketball season, fans voted on Facebook to determine the most outstanding plays. After eight weeks, eight finalists were nominated for the 2012 GEICO Play of the Year. The announcement came during GEICO Presents Best of College Basketball 2012, which relived the phenomenal moments the 2012 season provided.
Down two to Kentucky with no timeouts and less than six seconds to play, Indiana’s Verdell Jones III took the inbounds pass from Watford and sprinted up the court. Jones III dribbled inside the 3-point line, spun in front of his defender and kicked the ball out to the open trailer, Watford. Watford launched a 3-pointer as the buzzer sounded and hit nothing but net. Indiana’s Assembly Hall erupted as a sea of red stormed the court in celebration of the Hoosiers 73-72 win over the top-ranked Wildcats. To view the play on YouTube, visit: http://bit.ly/zbrFKt.
Additional 2012 GEICO Play of the Year Nominees
• Roy Devin Marble’s (Iowa) monster jam vs. Minnesota
• Chase Spreen’s (Lindsey Wilson) full-court buzzer beater vs. Georgetown
• Peyton Siva’s (Louisville) game-winning finish vs. Vanderbilt
• Damen Bell-Holter’s (Oral Roberts) full-court prayer vs. UA-Little Rock
• Robbie Hummel’s (Purdue) buzzer-beating tip-dunk vs. IPFW
• Isaiah Sykes’ (UCF) chase-down block vs. Marshall
• CJ Fair’s (Syracuse) finish at the rim vs. Pittsburgh
I see it as mostly tenacity...because of Yogi and the young guy in the [...]
And let's talk about money. Crean makes about $3.1 million a year. L [...]
Yeah, I hope he is learning on the job. Nothing would make me happier [...]
oops...[really] believe in you. [...]
Symbolic Interactionist Perspective....I tend to find some hope is suc [...]
What exactly is your position on CTC? I can't tell anymore. [...]
Davis and HC- I think you are both right (how's that for political co [...]