Hoosier Morning

1. HOOSIERS HQ
A breakdown of the football depth chart coming out of spring practice, according to Dustin.

2. IT’S INDIANA
Eighth-grader Eron Gordon, the younger brother of former Hoosier Eric Gordon, picked up an offer from Indiana coach Tom Crean over the weekend, Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star writes.

IU has a stellar water polo team, horses not included, Terry Hutchens of the Star writes.

The Star’s Bob Kravitz begs IU football to provide a pleasant surprise, despite his lack of faith in Kevin Wilson.

3. BIG TEN COUNTRY
Purdue’s John Hart and Ohio State’s J.D. Weatherspoon are transferring elsewhere after limited minutes this past season, this BTN.com report says.

Evan Smotrycz is taking his game from Michigan to Maryland, Liz Clarke of the Washington Post writes.

4. ONE FOR THE ROAD
In honor of young Mr. Gordon, we’ll play off the theme that only the good get offered young with the Billy Joel classic, Only The Good Die Young.

• Aruss #1

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 10:54 AM EDT

Eron is a legacy. It should be no surprise that he has an IU offer since the past staff was raving about him when they were recruiting Eric. I think it’s great to recruit as early as possible players with basketball in their DNA. I liked Michigan’s approach with Hardaway and Robinson. Most experts didn’t think much of Robinson early on but he blossomed into a stud recruit and I think it should have been expected.

• Cutter In Chicago #2

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 11:09 AM EDT

Ugh. Billy Joel…

• eric #3

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 2:53 PM EDT

I was just looking last night at the roster for the Indiana All-Star Team. I’m confused as to why it wasn’t covered on this site, but maybe I just missed it. My bigger question is why Hanner Perea and Mitch McGary aren’t on the team? Can anyone enlighten me?

• Dustin Dopirak #4

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 3:35 PM EDT

Eric,
    We had it in the paper. I should’ve linked it on the site. I was out of town that day. Perea and McGary are not eligible because they do not play for IHSAA schools. McGary was at Brewster Academy this year and didn’t even play in the state. Perea plays at La Lumiere, which is obviously a private school and not part of IHSAA.

• eric #5

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 6:04 PM EDT

Thanks, Dustin. It’s been a long time since I lived in Indiana, so I didn’t remember the exact criteria for being on the team. Makes sense. No worries on the link to the H-T not being on here.

• Hoosier Clarion #6

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 10:05 PM EDT

Did I hear correctly the HC of Warren Central FB resigned? What is the deal, is it not the top HS FB job in Indiana?

• Chet #7

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 10:23 PM EDT

A local journalist and I shared a mutual disgust for the fact that Mason Plumlee was named Mr. Basketball (the equivalent) in North Carolina. In their flight from the Zeller’s shadow the Plumlees came to Asheville and passed through Christ School on their way to Duke. We both felt that they never should have been considered for the honor.

• Jay Gregg #8

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 7:49 AM EDT

Clarion,

Yes Hart did resign from WC. He cited differences with the principal, that cannot be repaired. Wrote a letter to the entire faculty explaining his position. I watched him at Mt. Carmel, IL and Evansville, IN had a lot of success everywhere he went. I believe there was a little mud slinging when he departed E’ville.

• Hoosier Clarion #9

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 8:14 AM EDT

Thanks JG, I was sure whatever the situation it had to be public. Who are good candidates to take on this successful program and high profile job in the state. It would not be good for it to be struggling till the right man is selected.

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football