Hoosier Morning

1. HOOSIERS HQ
The finances favored neutral sites, but Fred Glass and Tom Crean favored the fans and on-campus games, leading to Thursday’s announcement that the Indiana-Kentucky series would not continue, Dustin wrote.

College basketball analysts nationwide lamented the loss of the IU-UK rivalry, Dustin wrote.

When Indiana and Kentucky don’t play, nobody wins and everybody loses, I wrote.

2. IT’S INDIANA
Tom Crean saying no to John Calipari may have been tough, but it was necessary, Rick Bozich of the Louisville Courier-Journal writes.

There’s no good reason for the Indiana-Kentucky series to end, writes Mark Story of the Lexington Herald-Leader.

It’s time to pass out the pacifiers to both the Hoosiers and Wildcats for being babies about the basketball series, Pete DiPrimio of the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel writes.

The Big Ten Network’s Tom Dienhart analyzes the 2012 Indiana football schedule.

3. BIG TEN COUNTRY
Nebraska assistant football coach Ron Brown says he would rather be fired than retract homosexuality remarks, Thaddeus Baklinski of LifeSiteNews.com writes.

4. ONE FOR THE ROAD
An easy choice on this day — REM and It’s The End of the World As We Know It. Hope you feel fine!

• Laffy says:

In regards to story # 3…..and people wonder why I hate bigot Thumpers.

Guess what, moron? You have NO CLUE what “God” thinks.

ANYBODY can write a book and say, “God told me to write this.”

I could write a book and say, “God visited me last night and told me to tell everyone that black people should be shot.”

Prove God didn’t.

Homophobes make me want to barf…especially when they use the excuse, “Well GOD told me to treat them like dog food.”

One more thing. The Bible also says a LOT of things you freaks NEVER follow so why don;t you treat THEM like crap too?

Hypocrites.

• Chet says:

We have the very homophobic Amendment One on the ballot down here. Recently, Jodie Brunstetter, the wife of North Carolina state legislator Peter Brunstetter, told poll workers that her husband authored the state’s anti-same sex marriage law because “the Caucasian race is diminishing and we need to, uh, reproduce.”
    At least these hypocrites can wrap up their homophobia and their racism into one neat little package.

• Laffy says:

But, but, but…..Righties tell us there is no more racism in America.

Puke.

• Laffy says:

Speaking of racists, can someone please explain to me how calling Obama the n-word is not racist?

• Chet says:

Of course not but that ignorant piece of trailer trash operates a ‘Klan bar’. I think it’s safe to assume anyone passing through his doors is a piece of dirt.

He probably considers himself well informed (he’s the Fox News stereotype)and open minded (he’s undecided whether the President is a Muslim or an atheist).

He’s no threat because he’s easy to identify. It’s the ones who can read and write you should worry about.

• Hoosier Clarion says:

Chet you need to rethink the 1st line of your 2nd paragraph. I could say I am offended but it would not be any truer than the 1st half of that sentence.

• Laffy says:

Oh, baloney.

The people who watch Faux are the dumbest hillbillies in the country who have never had an original thought in their entire lives and who think ALL Muslims are EVIL!!!

All they do is parrot the crap their pundits spoon-feed them…including that Obama isn’t “one of us.”

They flat-out LIE all the time and should be sued for claiming to be “fair and balanced” because they act like ANYTHING Obama does is THE WORST CRIME OF THE CENTURY while excusing away EVERYTHING the Righties do.

And don’t give me “MSNBC is just as bad the other way” because they rip Obama constantly.

• Chet says:

HC, I didn’t say that was a description of all Fox News watchers, I just said that was the stereotype, much as some on the right might call someone a communist for watching, I don’t know, maybe the Daily Show (I can’t really think of an equivalent).

I’d be willing to bet any amount of money that said bartender DOES watch Fox News, though.

• who? says:

Laffy is off the meds again and sadly, Chet has joined him. Some of you spend a great deal of time tearing others down in the name of tolerance. If you removed the stories like the ones about the bozo with the racist signs, you guys would be the head bigots. You are intolerant of anyone who believes differently than you and you are so arrogant that you think you can lump a large percentage of the population into a neat little stereotype that makes you feel superior. You guys are being a**holes. No sarcasm here today gents.

FWIW I don’t even watch Fox News but at least it was not Al Qaeda’s favorite news channel. Laffy, I think it was MSNBC.

• Chet says:

Quite the ‘tolerant’ post you have there. Any mirrors handy?

• Laffy says:

Is someone a “bigot” for calling KKK members racists?

(rolleyes)

Thumpers COMDEMN gays and when you call them on it, they call YOU a bigot.

LOL!!!

• who? says:

So in typical Laffy fashion you resort to name calling and inane statements. Thanks for making my point. I made no reference to excusing the bar owners boorish behavior. I believe that I called him a bozo. That is not a term of endearment. Laffy you are an immature person who hides behind a screen name and a keyboard. I think there is enough history with your childish posts to prove that.

• pUKe is the worst! says:

This is an IU website guys not a racist anti Obamba site. Obama is a monster though. He’s turning this nation into a communist country! Romney 2012! (Jordy Hulls is a Republican)

• who? says:

With all due respect Chet, why do I need a mirror for my post? I wrote nothing intolerant. Most of that was directed toward Laffy. I referred to you simply because of your snide remarks towards conservatives. In the past I have read posts on here belittling conservatives and have not responded. I chose not to respond because this is a sports blog not a political forum. I am tired of it and will respond in kind from now on. I do not like to be categorized as ignorant and worse just because I don’t share in someone else’s belief system. That includes any belief system which denigrates others because they have a different perspective.

I respect most of your opinions on all things relative to the Hoosiers. That is all I care about. Maybe you and others here should try to do the same.

• Laffy says:

When your Messiah Georgie wanted to spy on all Americans, you bootlickers said, “So what? I have nothing to hide.”

So stop your phony outrage now.

And wipe away your tears with, “I don’t like to be called names just because I don’t agree with someone” as I never said that, Nancy.

Not every Conservative watches Faux. Many think that station is a steaming pile of dung. I just called out the retards who take it seriously.

Sounds like you have a guilty conscience.

Lastly, spare the sermon about “this is a basketball forum.” Other people on here talk about their gardens and motorcycles and other nonsense and we’re told, “It’s the off-season so deal with it.”

• Chet says:

So, Jeremy, regarding the story on the Nebraska football coach, are you a regular reader of LifeSiteNews?

Just curious.

• pUKe is the worst! says:

The Nebraska Coach is an awesome guy! Good for him for sticking up for what’s right!

• Chet says:

I’m a freak too.

• who? says:

Sorry for being an idiot guys. I won’t be such a jerk anymore

• Laffy says:

Yeah, that last one (Laffy) was not me.

Loser.

So, being a homophobic bigot is “right”?

Thanks for proving my point, you waste of oxygen.

So, do you follow the entire OT or just cherry-pick the parts you like?

• Laffy says:

Yeah, that last one (Laffy) was not me.

Loser.

So, being a homophobic bigot is “right”?

Thanks for proving my point, you waste of oxygen.

So, do you follow the entire OT or just cherry-pick the parts you like?

• Laffy says:

I am enjoying my bud lite right now!

• Laffy says:

HAHAHA I am a drunk Laffy Taffy waffy! Enjoy the weekend kids!!!!!!!!!

• Chet says:

You have quite a few strange posts tonight Laffy. Sure you’re feeling alright?

• TsaoTsuG says:

Chet, like Who, I think I generally had it clear that you had a liberal leaning and (not but) really respected and enjoyed your thoughts on all things Hoosier. The rest, political idea, religious beliefs were simply mine to have and enjoy as I respected the idea that all have a right to their beliefs, period.

So…I was simply a but surprised …somewhere a lot of noise and interference started coming in and your comments got lost and therefore confusing in those. I don’t understand where all that garbage interference/noise come from….????

Whatever…Who’s comments are clear and very sensible. Glad that despite the noise we are constantly identifying more and more good thoughtful, true Hoosier friends (like you Chet, HC, Podunker and Who), eventually drowning out and clear the junk interference that sometimes makes our dialogues a bore.

Comments are closed.

Merchandise

Hoosier Sports Report is live!

How many games will IU football win in 2016?

• Harvard for Hillbillies:

world [know]...... I'm not concerned or worried about Wilson. He [...]

• vesuvius13:

It is great to hear Coach Allen talk about changing the culture at IU. [...]

• Harvard for Hillbillies:

Have you seen Karate Kid... [...]

• vesuvius13:

This season will tell how good IUFB will be this year but it is nice t [...]

• iuhoosier1992: