Indiana hosting Indiana Wesleyan in exhibition Nov. 1

Indiana announced it will host Indiana Wesleyan in an exhibition game on Nov. 1. The release follows.

MEN’S BASKETBALL TO HOST INDIANA WESLEYAN IN EXHIBITION GAME

Indiana University men’s basketball coach Tom Crean has announced that the Hoosiers will host Indiana Wesleyan at 7 p.m., Thursday, November 1 in an exhibition game. The Wildcats were 21-12 last season and have won four straight Mid-Central Collegiate Conference championships.

The 2012-13 season marks the ninth campaign that the Hoosiers have opened the season with exhibition games against non-Division I schools.  IU is 13-0 in those games and has played smaller schools from the state on eight occasions.

2011-12
Indianapolis W, 90-72

2010-11
Franklin (Ind.) W, 89-37
Ferris State W, 78-65 (OT)

2009-10

Indianapolis W, 83-46

2005-06
St. Joseph’s (Ind.) W, 93-65
Indianapolis           W, 96-49

• Podunker #1

Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 8:28 PM EDT

Dustin, is the purpose of these exhibition games to help the opposing school generate revenue? Is this game basically charity that IU is providing to Indiana Wesleyan, trying to help them out? Otherwise, I see no purpose for this game being played. I can’t imagine IW is going to be able to provide any kind of competition for IU. I’m not opposed to exhibition games, especially if the visiting team is getting some much needed cash, but if they’re not, why play this team? Then again, maybe IW is better than I think?

Just curious.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #2

Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 8:34 PM EDT

Their roster is stacked with Indiana boys and a couple names out of Chicago. They’ll probably be much more competitive than UK this year.

• Chet #3

Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 8:36 PM EDT

I thought Indiana Wesleyan was some for profit BS school. I know they have a campus in a strip mall near my sister’s house…in Kentucky.

• coachv #4

Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 10:43 PM EDT

a strip mall in kentucky is a string of white-trash strips clubs on the same block.

probably common knowledge around here but has anyone else noticed that trey lyles is listed on scout.com as NOT having an offer from iu.

• Chet #5

Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 11:20 PM EDT

My uber-Republican, wife of a bankster, sister lives at least two blocks from a strip club. It’s Kentucky, there are limits.

That’s fine about Trey. When CTC misses a beat I might object but, as things stand, I’ll go along with his decisions. I don’t want to see IU groveling for any player.

• coachv #6

Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 11:48 PM EDT

i wonder if it’s true.

• Chet #7

Friday, September 7, 2012 - 8:15 AM EDT

I would’t attach much meaning to it.

• Knuckledrager #8

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 6:57 AM EDT

This is the only game that IU could lose and still have an undefeated season.

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football