Hoosier (Late) Morning

36 comments by   |   Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 12:08 pm EDT

1. HOOSIERS HQ
The No. 1 Indiana basketball team is ready to play someone besides themselves when they host Indiana Wesleyan for tonight’s exhibition game, Dustin wrote.

Competition drives Jordan Hulls and Caleb Konstanski on the court, on the field and in their friendship, I wrote.

Military school was a turning point for IU cornerback Antonio Marshall, Dustin writes.

2. IT’S INDIANA
Cody Zeller saw Indiana improving in high school, and now he’s putting his own stamp on the program, Elena Bergeron of ESPN the Magazine writes.

Family helped J.C. Hulls through his battle with cancer, and he is now cancer-free, Terry Hutchens of the Indianapolis Star writes.

3. BIG TEN COUNTRY
When Indiana and Iowa meet Saturday, it will be the Hoosiers, not Hawkeyes, who still have Rose Bowl aspirations, Steve Batterson of the Quad City Times writes.

Related content: Read more in Hoosier Morning

Hoosier Morning
Hoosier Morning
Hoosier Morning (p.m. edition)
Hoosier Morning
Hoosier Morning
Ron
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 12:38 PM EDT

1…Look at the photos taken at the ESPN mag noted above and I can see Cody staying at IU for another yr or two.

2…Dustin, are you doing the live broadcast on Scoop tonight..? Game is sold out. An exhibition games. Wow

#2 Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 1:01 PM EDT

Ron,
Dustin and I will be live chatting during the game tonight, so come on back.

YaleForYuppies
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 1:47 PM EDT

Is it still football season?

Podunker
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 5:07 PM EDT

Great article about a great young man. And I found the information about Crean’s struggles in those first three years most interesting. For any competitive person, years two and three must have been hell. I commend him on the way he handled his frustration. A lesser man would have taken his frustration out on on his players.

Crean deserves a big raise right now!

FireCrean2013
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 5:23 PM EDT

Crean should be fired and will be fired at the end of the season.

Chet
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 7:11 PM EDT

What is your purpose? I mean, obviously no one takes you seriously and I’m sure you don’t either.

Is it just a stupid habit you can’t break?

FireCrean2013
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 7:27 PM EDT

You can’t handle the truth? Crean is a salesman. Not a coach. He can’t coach. Wait and see. This is the truth. He’s just a salesman. Crean is Mr. Smarmy. Empty.

Chet
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 8:52 PM EDT

Maybe you do take yourself seriously.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but I guess you’re just stupid.

Podunker
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 9:22 PM EDT

Chet, he could be stupid, he could be a little unbalanced, or he could just be one of those really negative contrarians. You know the type; when 99% of the people look up at a clear blue sky and say, “what a nice day,” he’s the guy that says, “this weather sucks, I think its going to rain.”

One thing I’ve noticed about such people; they never provide any rational information to support their ridiculous opinions.

Chet
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 9:38 PM EDT

Maybe, I’m going with stupid. All the pieces fit.

Laffy
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 10:23 PM EDT

Is “FireCrean” Hillbilly with his fake names once again?

Like I said……….nothing but an attention-whore.

Chet
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 10:38 PM EDT

Not his style.

Maybe 4Gourds.

FireCrean2013
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 6:19 AM EDT

Laffy: moron.

Chet: dunce.

Poopdunker: enough said.

Top Ten Things We Know About Chet
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 9:13 AM EDT

10. Was born on a highway because that’s were most accidents happen.

9. Living proof that God has a strange sense of humor.

8. He’s so stupid he once tripped over a cordless phone.

7. He’s so old he farts dust.

6. If he had another brain it would be lonely.

5. He’s so old even his memories are in black and white.

4. We all sprang from apes. He didn’t spring far enough.

3. Recently traded in his neck for an extra chin.

2. His birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.

And the no. 1 thing we know about Chet:

1. Parents: siblings.

Hoosier Clarion
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 10:10 AM EDT

Chet, It is a sad situation but there some after learning to read and write who should never have been promoted out of the 2nd grade.

Laffy
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 10:23 AM EDT

You guys whine about me when you have this moron making fake names left and right throwing his monkey feces all over the place every single day.

And you wonder why I don’t care about your complaints?

Hillbilly needs to get a life and/or shrink.

Or whoever it is.

And Dustin needs to quit ripping me if he lets that a-hole do that all the time because he posts 10 times more than I do.

Geoff
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 10:40 AM EDT

Wow! All the 7 year olds who read this blog are pissing their pants… That’s HILARIOUS stuff!

Chet has 2 chins…. Bwahahahahahaha…. Hilarious!

Hoosier Clarion
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 10:42 AM EDT

Laffed-at we view both of you as equal.

Geoff
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 10:48 AM EDT

Laffy – no one is really whining about you any more. If you would drop the name-calling on your side I have the feeling everyone (who is here on a regular enough basis to care) would be just fine with you and your posts. Well, except Harvard… I have a feeling those wounds are too deep.

Chet
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 11:22 AM EDT

Laffy, Geoff’s right. I don’t think anyone has a particular problem with you, unless you’ve gone after them, except Harvard and that’s really a personal thing between you two.

Everybody else is kinda over your guys feud.

Chet
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 11:23 AM EDT

Hey, cordless phone jokes. Now, there’s something you don’t see every day.

Podunker
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 7:48 PM EDT

Chet, is FC13 worth any more of your time? Come on, he’s calling for the coach of the #1 ranked college BB team to be fired, and predicting that he will be fired at the end of the season. Why spend any time responding to such inane comments? Let’s talk IU sports.

Laffy, I concur with Geoff. The good points you make are diluted by the name-calling you include in many of your posts. Nobody ever wins a monkey-feces-slinging contest. As for HforH, he some times writes harsher comments about himself than anyone else ever could.

Go Hoosiers, beat Iowa!

FireCrean2013
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 9:07 PM EDT

Dude, I liked post #14, whoever wrote it. Harda$$ facts, all of them indisputable facts…

Podonkey,

he’s calling for the coach of the #1 ranked college BB team to be fired

Logic was never (I mean never, ever) your strength. Calipari was the coach of the #1 ranked team last year, no? So just ’cause your team is #1 in pre-season polls doesn’t mean you’re any good. Crean sucks. Probably the worst coach ever. (He also got only half of an award for his coaching. I mean whoever gets only half of an award?!)

FireAlford2013
Friday, November 2, 2012 - 11:43 PM EDT

Fire, if one were to trade in your life for a crow’s excrement on a windshield, they’d be getting ripped off.

TsaoTsuG
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 1:18 AM EDT

ahhhhhh…..what’s a cordless phone?

TsaoTsuG
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 1:36 AM EDT

Alford,

Sounds to me like you know exactly what crow’s excrement is? That your existential experience? Actually, as I read your most intelligent remarks they remind me of a great movie line… “you fly sh__! And there ain’t nothing lower than fly sh__!”

Yo’ mamma so uggly…she had to sneak up on a glass of water to drink it!

Yo’ momma was so uggly, she refused to dance with herse’ff!

Yo momma’ ____y so uggly smelly…her denture refused to replace her false teeth!

Yo momma so __tt ugly her __tt refused to sit on the toilet seat after she used it!

You so uggly…Sandusky actually wanted you to play football!

Enough! We’re way too classy to bother with you!

TsaoTsuG
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 1:40 AM EDT

That should of been Fire Crean …2013

sorry about the confusion FireCrean2013. Yo’ momma kept bothering me!

Podunker
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 9:27 PM EDT

After reading post #23, I agree with Chet’s post #10. Is there any doubt? Do we need to say anything more?

Chet
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 10:04 PM EDT

He’s just a middle school kid that’s really excited because someone responded to his post. Just read what he has written. He’s maybe 12…13 tops.

This is the highlight of his life. In a couple years he’ll be hustling cheese on your fries or whatever the hell they sell in fast food joints.

Five foot two with zits and praying his Dad wins the lottery so he can get Lasik some day.

Lou Chet
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 10:53 PM EDT

^ Dimwits. Both of you. Poop and Chet. Enough said.

Chet
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 10:57 PM EDT

Seems we it a nerve.

Lou Chet
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 11:08 PM EDT

You’re two idiots. Very very entertaining and refreshing.

‘it it. Let’s face it. You’re two dingbats.

FireCrean2013
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 11:18 PM EDT

I’ve read what a great life you have Chet… truth is there’s nothing more convincing that seeing you here blog against a middle-school kid (as you say) on a Saturday night. You’re James Bond man, nothing less, the other night you spent hours googling for the meth t-shirt girl — great life man I am sure you are the envy of everybody else in your ward.

Chet
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 11:19 PM EDT

Let’s practice, “Cheese on those fries…”

It will be a major career move for you.

FireCrean2013
Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 11:23 PM EDT

^ You sound like you speak from experience.

Chet
Sunday, November 4, 2012 - 12:00 AM EDT

I’m watching LSU-Alabama and Oregon-USC. How about you?

My life is very simple. Very simple indeed. Nothing special about it at all. I have everything I need. All my wants and needs are met. I live where and how I wish. My job is extremely rewarding and I only need to work a few hours a week. I love my wife and kids.

Abra ka dabra! Magic!

Things I actually spend hours doing:

reading
motorcycling
mountain biking
sailing
boat building
playing music
woodworking
neurolinguistic research

Comments

• General News. #KnowItAll: Midweek Match-Ups in #BTown - Indiana Baseball and Softball have home contests on Wednesday in Bloomington. Softball will take on Ball State in a 4 p.m. doubleheader at Andy Mohr Field. Baseball will play host
  • Baseball. Hoosiers Host Hilltoppers On Wednesday - The 18th ranked Indiana University baseball team (21-11) plays host to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers on Wednesday, with first pitch scheduled for 6:05 p.m.
  • Black Key Bulls, Teter capture Spring Series - Black Key Bulls and Teter captured the men’s and women’s white jerseys, respectively in dominating fashion Saturday, winning in Team Pursuit. In the men’s finals, Black Key
  • Team Pursuit Standings - SPRING SERIES UPDATED: Black Key Bulls clinched the Spring Series title with their time and will wear the white jersey on race day. With the final Spring Series event, Team
  • Hoosiers close out Spring Practice - The Indiana football team closed out its 2014 spring practice on Tuesday. IU practiced for the 15th time
  • Hoosier Newsstand, Apr. 16 - Get the latest articles on Indiana basketball, football and other Hoosier sports of interest in today's
  • An early look at who’s coming and going in the Big Ten -

With the spring signing period underway and several key NBA Draft decisions out of the way, it’s time for our first look at who’s coming and going in the Big Ten for the

• Paul Scruggs brings energy to loaded Indy Hoosiers -

INDIANAPOLIS — During a game this past Saturday at the Indyball Shootout, 2017 guard Paul Scruggs slowly brought the ball up the court, then suddenly burst into a sprint

• Indiana expresses interest in Cal decommit - Indiana has expressed interest in California decommit Idrissa Diallo. The big man would help the Hoosiers next
  • VIDEO: A glimpse at offseason workouts - In this video from IU Athletics, Yogi Ferrell and Hanner Mosquera-Perea are building strength in the weight
  • Indiana's Spring Football Game 2014