Hoosiers handle North Dakota State, 87-61

63 comments by   |   Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 12:54 am EDT

Sophomore center Cody Zeller had 22 points and nine rebounds while sophomore guard Remy Abell and freshman swingman Jeremy Hollowell added 14 points each to lead Indiana to an 87-61 win over North Dakota State on Monday in front of 17,145 at Assembly Hall in the Legends Classic.

The Bison appeared bound and determined to slow the pace of the game, packing the middle and playing as physical as possible with Zeller to limit his touches. However, the Hoosiers caused 16 turnovers and scored 25 points off of them, using their defense to create a pace that was much more to their liking.

“A lot of teams try to slow it down,” Abell said. “For instance, a team like Wisconsin, they want to slow it down. It’s good that we can play both styles. If you want to run, we can run. If you want to slow it down, then we gotta hunker down on the defensive end. That’s when defense is important. It’s just as important when you want to run, but it’s definitely important when a team just wants to slow it down. You’ve gotta get those crucial stops.”

The Hoosiers also had success with a smaller lineup, which will be critical in the early going as they wait on the return of injured senior forward Derek Elston and suspended freshmen Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Peter Jurkin. The Hoosiers at one point used a lineup made up almost entirely of wings with junior Will Sheehey as the power forward and the 6-8, 217-pound Hollowell playing center, but still had success.

“It didn’t become about match-ups as much as it just came about putting guys out there and saying let’s go because you know we may need to do the same thing next Monday and Tuesday,” IU coach Tom Crean said. “We may need to do the same thing against Ball State and North Carolina. It doesn’t make a difference because we’re not dealing with a stacked deck right now when you look at our front line so we’ve just got to go play and I thought they did a pretty good job with that.”

Senior guard Jordan Hulls knocked down three 3-pointers and had 11 points and four assists. Junior guard Victor Oladipo recorded seven points, eight rebounds, five assists and four steals.  North Dakota State big man Marshall Bjorklund had 16 points and guard Mike Felt had 11, but none of the other Bison scored in double digits and the Hoosiers held them to 41.1 percent shooting.

The Bison kept the pace choppy for most of the first half, but Indiana still shot 51.9 percent in the first period and led 42-29 at the break. North Dakota State cut the deficit to nine points early in the first half, but a 19-8 run put Indiana up by 20 points and they never led by fewer than 18 the rest of the way.

Abell was a perfect 5-for-5 from the field, including 3-for-3 from the 3-point arc. He hasn’t missed a shot yet this season and has gone over double-digits in both games.

The outside shooting performance is a bit of a surprise. It wasn’t that he shot poorly from beyond the arc last season — his 3-point dagger against Purdue ranks as one of the most critical shots of the season — it was just that he didn’t shoot much. He was 6-for-15 from 3-point range of the season.

But this summer, that was one of his biggest points of emphasis, and the payoff for that has been immediate. Crean said Abell went home to Louisville instead of staying in Bloomington for the first summer session to work with one of his former coaches at Eastern High School and according to Crean “stayed in the gym all the time.” He already has one fewer 3-pointer than he hit all of last season.

“That was definitely something big for me,” Abell said. “I know I can get to the rim, but with my teammates and coaching staff, that really helped me work on my jump shot, getting extra shots, doing stuff like that. It’s definitely carried over through the game, trying to shoot with confidence, stay in my shot, do the fundamentals.”

Said sophomore center Cody Zeller: “He’s been doing that all summer. He isn’t surprising. He’s made a lot of improvements. He was big for us for a couple of games last year and he kind of carried it over into the summer.”

AUDIO: Remy Abell and Jeremy Hollowell

AUDIO: Cody Zeller

AUDIO: Tom Crean

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Emmitt Holt's high school coach compares him to Draymond Green
Men's, women's basketball schedules released
Reports: Christian Watford signs with Boston Celtics
A quick recap of IU's Lucas Oil fan event
Vermont Academy coach talks Emmitt Holt
TsaoTsuG
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 2:28 AM EDT

Mr. Abell, Mr. Hollowell…your table is set. Mr HarvardFHllbillies…would you like to see your wine list? Gentlemen, we have an exquisite, grass-fed filet… and may I recommend a Malbec, ca 2002…..

briansloanthemadscreener
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 7:54 AM EDT

Remy Abell is a very good player, I screamed for him to come in several times last year for VJIII. The fact that he has worked hard over the off season to improve does not surprise me.

Steve S.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 8:11 AM EDT

Can see Yogi and Abell starting next year at the guard position, with Robinson coming in a lot!

Hoosier Clarion
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:09 AM EDT

Good for RA. When there is another kid from KY. we want Remy’s play at IU makes it possible for us to have a chance.

TTG, When I buy steaks I damn sure do not want it to come from grass fed cattle.

B-town88
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:13 AM EDT

I think Remy should keep the wrist guard all year! Heck, have everyone on the team wear one. We better patent it so other teams don’t copy

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:45 AM EDT

HC, I have to disagree. Perhaps if meat tenderness is your only criteria.

It’s grass fed beef for me. Much healthier in Omega-3s, etc., plus I don’t feel like I’m eating an antibiotic and steroid laced lab experiment.

Tastes better, IMHO, too. Leaner, so you might want to marinate.

I buy my beef from a local farmer so I have a pretty good idea what I’m getting.

Geoff
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:55 AM EDT

Chet, HC doesn’t have those options. We all know there are no cornfields or local farmers in Indiana…

Hoosier Clarion
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:40 AM EDT

Yes, good steak like I like you cut with a butter knife.

I take 3600 mg’s Omega-3′s a day whether I need it or not. I’ve never ever tasted a lab experiment so I would not know.

I can tell the difference between grain fed and grass fed as easily as I can taste the difference between Coke and Pepsi. Marinate a good steak, your joking, correct. The simple fact it needs marinade says everything.

I buy quarters or halves from a friend who is in the livestock business and assorted cuts from another friend who owns a small custom slaughterhouse. All grain fed(hogs, beef, chickens even turkeys)just as my whole family(all farmers)did it. Hell I even feed my bluegill grain pellets. We also only use real butter, whole milk, make homemade ice cream and often fry in lard. My roots are agrarian and enjoy that life.

Geoff
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:50 AM EDT

WHAT!? There are farmers in Indiana? Next you’re going to tell me the state is famous for its popping corn…

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 12:47 PM EDT

I’m sure it’s great. That stuff in the stores just has too many hormones and antibiotics for me. I also prefer the taste of grass fed

Geoff
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 2:00 PM EDT

Didn’t want ths to get lost on an old thread, so I’m posting it again…

Really good article… And great news for Hoosier fans! Highly recommended read:

TsaoTsuG
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:08 PM EDT

HC, you don’t know what you are missing.

Podunker
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:15 PM EDT

These pre-conference games are a great opportunity for Crean to develop his depth. I was not surprised to see Hollowell and Abell have good games. I think their development and growing confidence through December will be essential, given the absence of their three teammates. It looks like Crean has built a “machine” and is in the process of making sure all the key parts are well lubricated. This is going to be a fun year.

TsaoTsuG
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:19 PM EDT

HC, Chet…grew up in the Pampas of Argentina. Was taught to walk to the grill (the meat grilled vertically around a wood fire in the middle), knife in one hand, piece of bread in the other; slide a piece from the meat on the grill, take a bit, a bite of the bread… If God made anything better than that, he kept it for himself.

Marinate?!!? That’s a sin, God gets mad when you marinate meat. Thick salt…always the bone towards the fire first. As it heats up in cooks the meat from the inside, then just a touch to crust the outside naturally. The Gaucho way!

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:41 PM EDT

I agree with Clarion…Marbling. Best steak I ever sunk my teeth into was from Great Falls, Montana…Ernie’s Steak House. Succulent…Charbroiled to the point of a crusty black..Thick..Cut like firm butter with flavor bursting out every medium-rare tender morsel. I’ll never forget it. I was a mere twelve-years-old and the memory is seared with the flames fired onto my taste buds longing. Haven’t had a better steak since.

I must one day get back to Montana. Glaciers, big beautiful sky..and steaks.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:57 PM EDT

Gift for Clarion.

#17 Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 6:01 PM EDT

We’re still off n running. Major controversy in Boiler land, lol! Sports administration wants fans & Paint Crew to no longer chant IU SUCKS!! Paint Crew refuses. Purdue then loses to Bucknell hahahasha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 6:31 PM EDT

I have to admit, the best steaks I’ve ever tasted came from west of the Mississippi. Had one in Sundance, Wyoming that was simply amazing last summer. Grain fed black angus.

Can’t go with the salt thing. That’s for preserving meat, not preparing it. I’ll leave that up to Captain Cook and his crew of impressed sailors.

TTG, as you well know, down in Argentina we had a knife in one hand, bread in the other, AND a bowl of chimichurri to dunk the steak and the bread.

Podunker
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 8:39 PM EDT

IU winning basketball games has become so common, and the victories so complete, that we now use the Hoosier Scoop to share opinions about the best type of beef and recipes on the best ways to cook it. Wow, IU basketball has arrived!

Hey, after the victory over Sam Houston, let’s all share our favorite recipes for baby back ribs. Mine is an old family recipe and it is simply outstanding.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:30 PM EDT

Isn’t that great?

Geoff
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:14 PM EDT

Anyone else here think UK is gonna get pounded tonight?

Hoosier Clarion
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:42 PM EDT

I definitely due. Just heard while listening to the telecast what to me is a revealing fact about this years pUKe team. In their 1st game last year their Frosh combined for 64 points, in their 1st game this year these Frosh combined for 36. Big differential. Even after going through the whole season this year I find it hard to believe they can score 64 in a game near the end of the season.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:54 PM EDT

I’m picking UK.

TsaoTsuG
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:42 AM EDT

Chet, you are absolutely right!!! How could I forget chimichurri…it is the….the ahhh…the Etherington of asados…thank you for reminding me of the heart and the soul of the asado…without it the slab of meat gets up off the stakes and just walks off.

You friend, have earned your right to my grandfather Manuel’s (remember I’m 71, so I’m talking easily pre-1920) double top secret, ‘classified’, held only by blood legacy, chimichurri recipe.(It’s really what the Brits are after in the Malvinas).

Let me know…

A truly admirable Gaucho, you are!!!

Geoff
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:54 AM EDT

Well that was closer than I thought it would be, but Duke did some stupid stuff. Too many unforced turnovers… Shoulda beat UK by 15

Mass Hoosier
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:00 AM EDT

Tsao, Chet,
Don’t forget the Chorizos,some lamb, Argentine wine, followed with some dulce de leche to complete the bloating.

TsaoTsuG
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:01 AM EDT

PODUNKER!!!!!!

I will carry you and Chet on my shoulders to the grill!!!! Singing Indiana, my Indiana to the rythm of a tango!!!

TsaoTsuG
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:19 AM EDT

Mass Hoosier…absolutely…the chorizos with a great bottle of a Malbec wine and the dulce de leche. Some roll it in very thing crepes…me, the spoon seems to go into the containers, come out full and never quite make it to the crepe directly to my stomach. Also, Argentine empanadas (to die for- make them, meat and filling turnovers) and a rolled piece of meat with spices called matambre… I can get all the fixings- every bit of it- in Chicago; at a place called Buenos Aires Delicatessen on Cicero Ave., two blocks south of Belmont filled with Argentine delicacies.

Yes, as Podunker proposes, we can have one of those now famous recipe exchanges.

Feed the stuff to the kid MassHoos…he’ll get strong and big enough to charge people a dollar to let them live.

Mass Hoosier
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:42 AM EDT

My son is 1/2 Argentine. His mother won my heart with those empanadas. I refer to them as Argentina’s version of the Hoosier breaded tenderloin. I have loitered over a few fire(coals)pits, slobbering like a dog. An awesome culture, interesting history, beautiful country. They definately know how to eat, drink and have a good time down there.
I must admit, it’s hard to beat a well seasoned Hoosier breaded tenderloin, when done right.

TsaoTsuG
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:52 AM EDT

HC, the only thing we disagree on is the meat and what cattle is fed. There I agree with Chet. Though,to be honest, I won’t turn down a corn fed steak but I do prefer grass fed…lots tastier. There is somewhat of a difference in the cuts and that may account for the tenderness of Argentine beef.

Everything else, exactly the same. The butter, the cheese, ice cream, dulce de leche …Argentina is also fundamentally an agrarian society with a hell of a lot of cows thrown in, but also an extensive coast line with weather and coastal areas similar to New England (great seafood)and the biggest expanses of land and grass you’ve ever seen. Truthfully, Indiana reminds me a lot of the country there…until you go due west and get to the Andes where it goes straight up to 22,000 feet and resembles Oregon, the Glacier National Park (northern Montana), Idaho area, the Rockies, Alps.

They do love to eat…great influence of Italian and Spanish (from Spain) food. A typical meal for a Scoop-like groupwill last 3-4 hours, several bottles of wine and brandy at the end and…2 hour nap time. Four, five guys, the bill will barely be 40+ dollars (exchange rates really favor US).

TsaoTsuG
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 2:21 AM EDT

Incredible Mass!!! These are the things that should always happen on a blog! Should have heard the laugh when I read it…Wow, your son then, is just like my son (and daughter)1/2-1/2. And, by the way…it reminded me of the one thing I forgot and am sure she makes and you’d kill for…milanesas, God’s gift to the stomach…On the seventh day, God made a batch of milanesas, ate them,… then he rested. Even to this day, I’ll make a dozen and freeze them…eat them about 3-4 a week.

When my son would come home from a deployment to Afghanistan or Iraq, first thing he had to have was milanesas, empanadas (de carne-meat- of course) and, on the second day an asado with chorizos, mollejas and bucket fulls of chimichurri. We’ll discuss more…the world is small…I’ve used my dad’s favorite saying, God makes them and they find each other. Saludos to your wife…what part, BA? do you know which neighborhood? Does your son wear the white and sky blue (vertical)…yeah…when they (the women)pull out the empanadas, it’s serious stuff…you get reeled in and you’re doomed. Nothing anyone can do for you. Just raise your hands and surrender.

Can’t get over the coincidence! Good one!

TsaoTsuG
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 2:28 AM EDT

Mass- Interesting story about breaded tenderloin. I knew RMK some and once in a while we’d have lunch at a little place on South Walnut or S. College where he always ate lunch. Darn, can’t remember the name of the place…just a good blue collar type place. RML always had their chili, and I discovered their breaded tenderloin sandwich, which…of course… reminded me of the milanesas…made Bloomington cuisine worthwhile.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 5:52 AM EDT

Good call, Geoff. I hate to slather any praise on Kentucky, but I was immensely impressed with Poythress and Noel..Noel is so incredibly fluid for a big…Poythress is a man amongst boys..Some of his put-back slams were just mesmerizing.

They don’t have all the weapons of last year’s teams, but their freshman bigs are beyond impressive. That’s still a very dangerous team. Sure wish we would have had a chance to play them this year…It would have been a blast.

Sirloin can be marinated for a very short time(teriyaki style..soy sauce, fresh juice from a pineapple..a little crushed garlic, couple slices of pressed ginger root..possibly a few sliced scallions and some cracked pepper), cut into cubes, and grilled as shish-kebab with pineapple chunks. Don’t marinate too long(I tend to go no more than 30 minutes). Serve with a nice rice pilaf..Delicious.

Hoosier Clarion
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 9:19 AM EDT

I admire Plumlee for returning this year but after seeing him last night I wonder just how effective he will be against non-rookie post defenders.

coachv
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 9:22 AM EDT

i think you guys are giving beef steroids a bad rap. i was a little on the lean side and getting human growth hormone was a little tricky, not to mention illegal. i am easily able to order bovine growth formula on the internet and have been taking it for years. unfortunately, it did not make me taller but i am now quite a bit wider, which helps when finishing near the basket. the only drawback is i have to be milked 3 times a week.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 9:26 AM EDT

TTG, I’d love to have it. Dustin has my email address.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 9:33 AM EDT

HC, Plumlee’s high school coach, David Gaines from Christ School, is on record as encouraging Plumlee to go pro. He didn’t feel that Duke was the place for a big to develop his game as they focus on the perimeter game. He felt Plumlee was just reading water at Duke.

Hoosier Clarion
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 9:35 AM EDT

Gotcha, thanks.

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 9:41 AM EDT

TsaoTsuG,

The restaurant you are speaking of was on the South West corner of Walnut and Hillside. It was split up into two rooms, most days the backroom was closed until RMK came in, then they would sit him back there so people didn’t bother him during lunch. Wish I could remember the name of the restaurant…..

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 10:44 AM EDT

Was it Gibb and Denzel’s?

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 10:46 AM EDT

that should have read “Duke was NOT the place for a big…”

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 10:46 AM EDT

Nevermind, I shouldn’t go back and reread those.

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 11:11 AM EDT

Chet,

No, Gib and Denzel’s was a couple miles South, in front of Bloomington South, about the same place the Kia dealership sits now. My late sister was a waitress there, my senior year we skipped our 1st period class to go eat breakfast at G&D almost everyday.

Hoosier Clarion
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 11:21 AM EDT

Big Wheel possibly?

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 11:22 AM EDT

TTG,

Just got a reply back from my dad about the name of the restaurant. He said it was called the Southside Cafe and was known for Coach Knight being a frequent customer of theirs.

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 11:25 AM EDT

HC,

The Big Wheel was on North College in the front of the Cascades Shopping Center, there is now a Steak & Shake where the Big Wheel once was. They had the best Patty Melt’s I’ve ever ate. Always cooked to perfection and didn’t have to ask for the Thousand Island dressing, it was already on the sandwich when it came out of the kitchen.

Hoosier Clarion
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 11:42 AM EDT

Mike P.,

Yes, sir, now I got it. Used to catch RMK in there late at night and visit 2-3 minutes. Was 1 of my favorite family restaurants. I would have paid double for that Patty Melt you enjoyed and much more today. I believe they are all gone now. Valpo, South Bend, Hammond, Kokomo, Gary and either Muncie or Anderson had 1. Maybe other locations I never knew. Their malts and milkshakes were not too shaggy either. Man it has been a while.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 11:47 AM EDT

Had many a late night breakfast at the Big Wheel. I’d forgotten all about it. But, hey, isn’t that how these threads get going.

Southside Cafe sounds right.

How about the Hour House? Best breakfast special in Earth.

Or, here’s one. Bruce’s. You had to be ‘in the know’ to be aware of it’s existence. Second Street, I recall. I think their hours were something crazy like 8p.m. until 3 a.m.

Hoosier Clarion
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 11:57 AM EDT

Bruce’s? Apparently I was in a different “know”. In an upbeat college town with those hours I can understand its existence.

By the way TTG and, Chet I’m going to try me some Chimichurri. Might cause my 1st ever marinade steak.

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:08 PM EDT

I remember Bruce’s, they were on W. Kirkwood Ave. which at the time was West 5th Street, the building is still there.

Mass Hoosier
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:17 PM EDT

Tsao,
My mistake, I ment the milanesas (post #27). I just got a little ahead of myself thinking about food. Don’t tell my wife.
Yes, B.A. is where she grew up. Her family had some ranches a couple hrs. outside of the city. I agree, the place reminded me of Indiana also. Your comparison was funny to me because, I often tell that to people. My wife and I met in Bloomington while she was there getting her Masters. Why she chose this Redneck is everyones mystery.
My son wears his IU clothing the most. My daughter is the more dancey, crazy, Spanish speaking of the two. Unfortunately they are not exposed enough to thier heritage. At age five and six, they are just getting started on the language part.

Hoosier Clarion
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:21 PM EDT

Chet, Mike and JP, Was there not a place outside of B-Town named and I’m guessing some on this, “Rosie’s”?

Laffy
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 12:25 PM EDT

I remember Bruce’s…..several drunken nights of eating there.

And when I went back to Indiana for my 45th birthday a few years ago, I had White Castles for the first time while sober. All he other times were in college after the bars closed.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:18 PM EDT

Yeah, I think that was almost a requirement to get into Bruce’s.

There was no WC in Bloomington when I lived there.

HC, not aware of Rosie’s. During most of my time in Bloomington I only had motorcycles so I stayed close to town, particularly if it was cold.

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:27 PM EDT

HC,

If we are thinking of the same place, Rosie’s was way out of Bloomington, at the junction of Hwy 45 & 445 in Greene County, about 1/2 way to Bloomfield from Bloomington, where you turned off to go to Crane. It later became Libby’s Cafe and I don’t know what is called now but the B&G there is still great.

Chet,
Showing age there buddy. WC was in Bloomington in the early to mid 80′s, on the east side of town between the church and funeral home. The church is still there, WC is now a strip mall and the funeral home is now a CVS. The WC now is on the West Side of town. My son and I go there every couple months.

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:28 PM EDT

Chet,

Talking about motorcycles, man the southern half of Indiana has some of the most beautiful roads to ride. I hope you ventured outside Bloomington some, if not you missed out, especially in the spring and fall.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 2:29 PM EDT

Mike P., I don’t think there is a road in southern Indiana I haven’t ridden. Outside of western North Carolina, southern Indiana may have my favorite riding roads in the country. Just gotta watch out for those Amish buggies on the other side of a hill.

It’s funny, places you think would be great sometimes aren’t. Colorado, for example. East of Denver looks like the moon and the roads are flat and straight. West of Denver the terrain is so imposing that there a few roads (coming out of Denver you have I-70, US 6, and Hwy 37). Because of that the traffic is terrible. You might find isolated roads once you get to the high plains but it takes a while.

In Florida the only leaners are cloverleafs.

The roads are among the many reasons I love southern Indiana and western North Carolina.

Ron
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 2:59 PM EDT

Just a minute Chet. The small town of Arcadia in SW Florida has a road with 6 fairly sharp turns.

Friend from Indy was visiting, complant of only straight roads. Rode over to my curvy road in Arcadia – he just laughed at me.

And I agree Southern Indiana has some amazing riding roads, such as 135 south of Nashville.

Mike P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 3:30 PM EDT

Ron & Chet,

One of my favorite rides is to leave out of Bloomington on 45 through Unionville, jump on 135 South and ride it down to Hwy 58 just South of Freetown, take 58 all the way to Bedford, which takes you through Heltonville, home of Damon Bailey, jump on Hwy 450s through Williams down to Shoals, take 150 down to West Baden/French Lick, then ride over to Paoli and by then a nice cruise up 37 back to Judah/Guthrie and come back in across the damn and around the Pointe to Fairfax road. Between the scenery and the place to stop and stretch, not much better riding than that.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 3:35 PM EDT

Ron, a buddy of mine (IU grad) lives in Jax. He’s been up a few times including Deals’ Gap (or, as it’s known around her, ‘Just Another Road’). Around Deal’s Gap they sell tee-shirts that say ‘Deal’s Gap – 11 miles, 318 curves’.

He shows up wearing a tee that says, ‘Florida – 318 miles, 11 curves.’

Geoff
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 3:42 PM EDT

Chet – I need you to go rip apart my analysis on today’s “Sage” thread. I can accept your criticism way better than anyone else’s…

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 6:00 PM EDT

I’ll take a look at it later. I have to, oh, what’s the word…?

Oh, yeah. Work. Right now I have to work.

TsaoTsuG
Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 12:29 AM EDT

Mass- Sorry, had to go back to the thread and it took me a while…yep…milanesas… I don’t think I ever looked in the freezer that there wasn’t a package of 10-12. Usually, they didn’t last the day out. After the Sam Houston game or on Friday, I’ll discuss them for the other cosmopolitan sophisticates on this blog..

Two questions…you do remember ‘choripans’? the perfect stadium food sold outside the stadiums. Does your wife make Puchero? The best winter food there is…always a pot around and the soup you get out of the broth…ohh gosh!

Your wife did good…a way to improve the blood lines for Argentina…if we didn’t the planet would have to deal with full blooded strains and that would be dangerous to human kind. No Mass, you improve it with Hoosier DNA…that way we have a chance.

You also have it right for your kid…keep him in Hoosier red (as long as it is not a River Plate shirt).

Comments