Sports Illustrated picks Indiana No. 1, puts Cody Zeller on regional cover

13 comments by   |   Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 3:32 pm EDT

Sports Illustrated released its Top 25 on Tuesday and picked Indiana as its preseason No. 1, putting Cody Zeller on its regional covers.

No. 2 Louisville, No. 3 Kansas, No. 4 Kentucky and No. 5 North Carolina State round out SI’s Top Five. No. 6 Michigan and No. 7 Ohio State give the Big Ten two more teams in the top 10. Michigan State is No. 13 and Wisconsin is No. 22.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Emmitt Holt's high school coach compares him to Draymond Green
Men's, women's basketball schedules released
Reports: Christian Watford signs with Boston Celtics
A quick recap of IU's Lucas Oil fan event
Vermont Academy coach talks Emmitt Holt
Monkey Man
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 4:02 PM EDT

Awesome. Great. Super.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 5:25 PM EDT

Have I mentioned lately how much I confer with Geoff on the great Hoosier basketball stories/insights that can be found by visiting ‘Inside the Hall?’

Why did this news not appear on Scoop..? Gee, I wonder.

TsaoTsuG
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 5:51 PM EDT

Harvard… I think you want to ‘concur’, I don’t generally see either you or Goofy as the ‘conferring’ types. (disclaimer: no cut down intended, just saying).

Goofy, its the second week of November. Time for your annual “God picked me to be the greatest analysts of basketball- NBA or college- and things wooden floor who ever lived, gave me a keen insight into His mind when he planned the idea of basketball into Dr. Naimsmith’s brain cells and feed my ability to look, strategize and know more than anyone whoever lived …and I have no idea why but I am Blessed…and had it not been that way He would have made me either 7’3″ ballet dancer/point guard or a soccer genius coach as well” rant. Looking forward to it. (or just photo copy last year’s, barely anyone will know the difference).

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 6:17 PM EDT

oops…You are correct. I certainly intended “concur.” Brain is toast.

HOOSIERPLUS
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 7:20 PM EDT

SI jinx Cody stay healthy

IUAlumChicago
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 8:06 PM EDT

Does anyone know when this cover actually hits the newsstands? When can we purchase it? Starting on Monday? Thanks in advance.

Geoff
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 8:37 PM EDT

Not sure. Didn’t know anyone but doctor’s offices still got SI. My ESPN the mag, with Cody on the cover, did get to me in the mail today – not regional…. MAINE!

Tsao – I’m glad my impact on you has been so great. I’ll see what I can come up with, but that’s a pretty broad request. Usually I need a focal point to start my rant before proclaiming my infallibleness.

I will give you this tidbit now Tsao… I am eagerly anticipating the announcement tonight that Maine join’s other states that have overcome bigotry and voted in marriage equality. That is absolutely and unequivocally the right thing to do, and I am proud to live in a state brave enough to stand up for the rights of it’s individual’s.

Dead Noodle
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 8:51 PM EDT

If he wants to confer let him confer.

Harvard you are being brainwashed.

Chet
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 9:10 PM EDT

I like conifers.

Geoff, I hope Maine does the right thing, as well.

I was in Saskatchewan shortly after the Tar Hell state voted to add bigotry to the state constitution. As I was checking into a motel the clerk, who was a member of an ethnic minority, saw North Carolina on my registration card. Assuming that I, too, was a bigot he gave me a hearty thumbs up and said, “Hey, North Carolina. Good job stopping those gays from getting married.”

I looked at him for a second and then informed him, “You know, those people who voted against gay people from marrying, if given the opportunity to vote on it, would ban YOU from marrying, too.”

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 9:14 PM EDT

Yeah, brainwashed….Kmart sucks. Three minutes ’til Wapner.

coachv
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 - 9:19 AM EDT

geoff,

i think the maine edition would definitely by regional. btw, “infallibleness” is not a word.

Geoff
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 - 9:52 AM EDT

It is now Coachv…

I hope we get more “regional” IU coverage up here then… I won’t hold my breath.

Podunker
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 - 8:35 PM EDT

The candy-stripe pants are cool again, and this will make them even cooler. Glad they never got changed. Great tradition.

Comments

• W. Soccer. Hoosiers Open Season With Shutout Win Against Indiana State - The Indiana University Women's Soccer team opened the 2014 season with a 2-0 win over Indiana State at Bill Armstrong Stadium on Friday
  • Football. Six Walk-Ons Awarded Scholarships - Indiana head football coach Kevin Wilson awarded junior wide receiver Damon Graham and junior tight Michael Cooper with
  • Milton talks IU, upcoming visits - Four-star 2015 guard Shake Miltonhas cut his list to just four schools. See who made the cut, what he has to say about his relationship
  • Connections important for Ealey - Coatesville (Pa.) three-star prospect Amir Ealey has plenty of reasons to like the Terps. Is an official visit to College Park in the
  • Video: Crean, Oladipo and Zeller at Indianapolis “on the road” tour -

Tom Crean, Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller addressed Indiana fans on Wednesday night at Lucas Oil Stadium as part of the “on the road” tour stop in Indianapolis.

• Montreal rewind: James Blackmon Jr. -

Welcome to “Montreal rewind,” our player-by-player recap from Indiana’s five-game tour of Canada. Today: James Blackmon Jr. Previously: Nick Zeisloft, Devin Davis, Troy

• VIDEO: Tom Crean at "On The Road" tour - Tom Crean delivered a speech in Indianapolis on Wednesday, along with Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller. Watch it
  • Oladipo talks training with Dwyane Wade, more - Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller were back in Bloomington early this week training with Dwyane Wade and others. Oladipo talked about the
  • Indiana Basketball Big Ten Schedule Dates Released