Now it’s over. Desperation 3 from Sinclair misses and IU falls to Butler, 59-56. Great comeback, nonetheless, by the Hoosiers. Almost stole this one.
It’s not over yet. McGhee drains a 3 for her 18th point, cuts IU deficit to 59-56 with 21 seconds remaining.
2:20: IU suddenly down only 55-53 with 2:20 to play. It’s turned into a good here at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Raucous IU cheering section.
4:53: IU down by 6 against after a jumper from McGhee. She has 12 now. Butler up 52-46.
6:50: IU down 50-42. Aulani Sinclair has airballed both of her shot attempts this half.
With 10 minutes to play, a mid-range jumper from McGhee makes it only a 5-point deficit at 45-40 for IU.
13:37: Rubene cuts through the paint and lays it in. Suddenly IU is down 8. Haven’t been this close since the start. Rubene ties career high w/ 13
15:40: Butler up 44-31. Nicole Bell will shoot three free-throws following the timeout.
HALFTIME: BUTLER 40, INDIANA 25. IU with 12 turnovers at the break, shooting 37% from field. Butler’s McClung and Raker have combined for 27 points. Aulani Sinclair has only four shot attempts and two points.
3:16: IU on a 6-0 run over last two minutes. It isn’t much but, hey, they’ll take it. Butler leads 37-22
7:21: Butler up 26-12 with 7:21 to play. Hoosiers getting dominated on the glass. Bulldogs have a 17-8 advantage, with seven of those coming on the offensive end. It’s not pretty for IU, so far. But, then again, when is it ever with this team?
11:49: Butler up 18-6 with 11:49 to go. Many of the same storylines playing out so far for Indiana.
IU getting beat in transition. Miller calls second timeout with 14:32 to play, Butler leads 16-4.
15:12: IU with four turnovers so far, including three on first three possessions.
Miller calls timeout after Butler opens 14-4 lead with 15:24
18:45: Turnovers on first three possessions for IU.
PREGAME: Indiana looks to snap a two-game losing streak in a Sunday matinee at Butler. The Hoosiers are undefeated in the four meetings between the schools and are 2-1 on the road so far this season.
Here are a few nuggets to tide you over until the 2 p.m. tip, courtesy of the IU sports information department:
• Sunday’s game will be IU’s first meeting with Butler since Dec. 9, 2008, as the Hoosiers won that matchup in Bloomington, 63-41.
• The Hoosiers have only played at Hinkle Fieldhouse one time, Indiana won that contest on Nov. 27, 2001, 97-72.
• Indiana is 2-1 in road games so far this season, winning the last two.
• Indiana has shot 40.0 percent or better from 3-point range in five games this season and are 4-1 in those contests.
• The last time Indiana played a true road game in Indianapolis was last season when the Hoosiers topped IUPUI, 65-64, on Dec. 11, 2011.
• Aulani Sinclair continues to lead IU offensively as the senior scored 19 points against Butler on Dec. 4. Sinclair is averaging 18.4 points and 5.1 rebounds per game while shooting 45.3 percent from 3-point range.
• Nicole Bell scored in double-figures for the second time in her young career with 11 points against the Bruins on Dec. 4. Bell shot 4-for-6 from the field and a perfect 3-for-3 from beyond the arc.
Read more in Women's Basketball
Fixed, thanks. [...]
If Holt is dismissed for poor judgement, why aren't McRobbie and IU's [...]
The link is wrong to the Jordan Howard article. [...]
I think some star quality recruits with mature good quality character [...]
I for 1 don't think Coach Crean is bringing the wrong kind of recruits [...]
pretty gruesome the way glass describes emmitt "spattering davis' bloo [...]
btw Buckets, I have been reading and essentially ignoring most of the [...]