FINAL: INDIANA 72, SIU-EDWARDSVILLE 56. Most points scored this season for IU.
1:54: Sinclair continues to build on her career day. She’s up to 32 points along with five rebounds and two assists.
4:37: Indiana in complete control of this one. Hoosiers up 62-49, but it almost feels like the lead is greater.
8:53: Sinclair sets career high with 28 points on her 7th 3-pointer of the day. IU is up 56-42.
Under-12: Indiana 50, SIU-E 37. Bell adds a 3 before the break and the team is now shooting 42 percent from beyond the arc.
12:58: Sinclair hits her 5th 3-pointer to prompt an SIU-E timeout. Hoosiers up 47-35. IU 7 of 18 from behind the arc today.
15:42: Three consecutive turnovers by IU allowed SIU-E to close the gap to three points at 37-34. IU leads 39-34 now, with the Cougars’ Kiara Conner about to shoot two free-throws following a timeout.
HALFTIME: INDIANA 36, SIU-EDWARDSVILLE 28. Sinclair leads Hoosiers with 18 points, including 4 3-pointers. She’s getting plenty of open looks and the team is doing a nice job of recognizing that. For as good as IU looked early, there was a stretch of play toward the end of the half when things got a little too sloppy. Over a four-minute period spanning 7:00-3:44, the Hoosiers committed four turnovers and struggled to find the basket. For the most part, though, Indiana has looked good. The team is taking advantage of SIU-E’s lack of size and has 11 offensive rebounds already.
5:30: SIU-E has cut the IU lead to 23-20. Probably could’ve done it sooner, but their 7 turnovers certainly no helped. Little more than 5 til half
7:08: SIU-E has cut the Indiana lead to five points a couple times, but turnovers aren’t helping them get much closer. IU up 23-18.
Under-12: Indiana 19, SIU-Edwardsville 9. Aulani Sinclair leads Hoosiers with 7 points, but has missed last 4 attempts.
16:18: IU doing a nice job on the boards early. 5 rebounds so far, 3 of them on the offensive glass. IU up 12-5.
18:27: IU off to an 8-0 start 90 seconds in. Hoosiers playing well on both ends right now. Got to like the energy, too.
PREGAME: After a week of downtime (Though I’m sure Curt Miller was working them pretty hard), the IU women’s basketball team returns to action this afternoon against SIU-Edwardsville.
Tip is slated for 2 p.m., so here are a few bits of info courtesy of the IU media relations department.
• Sunday’s game marks the first ever meeting between Indiana and SIUE.
• Not only does the contest with the Cougars begin a three game homestand for Indiana, the Hoosiers will play five of their next six games in Assembly Hall and seven of the next nine at home.
• The SIUE Cougars play in the Ohio Valley Conference and finished third in the standings during the 2011-12 season.
• Indiana held Butler to just five field goals for the entire second half on Dec. 9, limited the Bulldogs to just 19.2 percent shooting in the second stanza.
• Senior Jasmine McGhee led Indiana with 18 points at Butler, shooting 7-for-13 from the field and 2-for-4 from beyond the arc. The Anderson, Ind., native also had two steals and two blocks. McGhee has scored 14 or more points in two of the last three games.
• Senior Linda Rubene tied her career mark with 13 points against Butler. She shot 6-for-11 from the field and added six rebounds, one block and a steal. The Gulbene, Latvia, native has tallied her career high of 13 points in two of the last three contests.
• Indiana will begin Big Ten play on Thursday, Jan. 3 at Michigan. That game will mark Indiana’s first contest outside the state of Indiana since playing at Texas A&M Corpus Christi on Nov. 19.
Ben the budget for professors and the AD budget are not co-mingled unl [...]
Yowza, that's a lot of receivers in one class (6 including Hawkins?).. [...]
"sighs" Podunker, I tend to agree with davis that IU don't have th [...]
Hey Geoff, did I miss the results of the last 3 on 3 contest? [...]
Both are excellent prospects who will play a lot of good football for [...]
He's sorta a Hoosier 'Final Four Founding [...]
Kill's hill at Ninn. is/was not near so high to climb as at IU. [...]