Tue., May. 31, 2016
Fri., May. 27, 2016
Mon., May. 16, 2016
Fri., May. 13, 2016
Thu., May. 12, 2016
Tue., May. 10, 2016
Fri., May. 6, 2016
Under-4: Michigan State 54, Indiana 38. Hoosiers have made a few stops, but can’t convert on the other end. 3:15 to go.
It’s 45-35 Michigan State with 7:59 to go. Hoosiers aren’t out of it, but they need stops. Fast. Sinclair drained her 2nd 3 of the day to make it 43-33. Indiana has 20 turnovers — three shy of its season high.
Under-12: Michigan State 40, Indiana 28. Hoosiers trying to stay in it. McGhee has 10 points so far and six rebounds.
Under-16: Michigan State 35, Indiana 20.
Sinclair gets her 1,000th point on a 3 from the wing. Hand in her face, to boot.
HALFTIME: MICHIGAN STATE 29, INDIANA 15. 25 turnovers between the teams — IU has 15. Nicole Bell leads the Hoosiers with five points. McGhee 1-for-10 shooting, 2pts. Aulani Sinclair is 0-for-5 from the field, with 4 turnovers, 2 assists.
If Sinclair’s 1,000th point is going to come today, it will not come easy. Spartans playing her tight. MSU up 23-10, 3:37 1st
Curt Miller is having a heart-to-heart with an official at the Under-8. Michigan STate 20, Indiana 10. 7:05 to play in the first.
Under-12: Michigan State 12, Indiana 6. IU’s shot attempts haven’t been pretty so far. Michigan State has been pushing the tempo and coach Curt Miller has been on his bigs to hustle and get back on defense. Simone Deloach has 3 blocks so far to tie her career high. Aulani Sinclair is still scoreless.
Under-16: Michigan State 5, Indiana 4. Thought we were about to see Aulani Sinclair attempt a 3 for her 1,000th career point. Andrea Newbauer drove to the basket and had Sinclair open in the corner, but Newbauer went to the hole and was called for a player control foul. We are still on #AulaniWatch.
PREGAME: The men aren’t the only IU basketball team in action this afternoon. The women’s team hosts Michigan State, with tip-off scheduled for 2 p.m. The Hoosiers are looking for the second Big Ten win of the season after knocking off Northwestern here at Assembly Hall on Jan. 6.
Here are a few pregame nuggets to chew on before we tip things off:
• So far this season, when Indiana returns home after a road loss, the Hoosiers are 2-0 in that following game in Assembly Hall.
• Indiana will play four of its next six contests at home in Assembly Hall and will welcome Michigan this Thursday, Jan. 24, at 7 p.m. ET.
• Senior Aulani Sinclair currently sits at 997 career points and needs just three more to become the 23rd player in program history to score 1,000 career points.
• Sinclair paces the team and is tied for four fourth in the Big Ten in scoring, averaging 18.8 points per game this season while shooting a team-best 41.7 percent from beyond the arc.
• In five of her last six games, Jasmine McGhee has scored in double-figures and is averaging 15.0 points per game during that span.
• For the season, McGhee is second on the team in scoring and rebounding, averaging 11.9 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
• Simone Deloach earned her first start of the season at Ohio State as the junior is shooting 57.7 percent from the field in Big Ten games this year
Read more in Women's Basketball
It's easy to cheap shot the team. Sure the progression of the Wilson [...]
Vesuvius- You of all people should know that some mountains aren't me [...]
I believe Wilson to be the next Bobby Knight of football.....If only h [...]
Bottom line is IU fb is slowly tugging along like a big offensive line [...]
Wilson has a sweet gig because he earned it. Mallory was still a good [...]
H4H, what makes your assessment more valuable than the assessment coll [...]
Happy 4th to you, Ben. Glad to here all is well. Just for the rec [...]