ScoopTalk: Defense overcomes turnovers

10 comments by   |   Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 12:55 am EDT

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

When Max Hoetzel was a Globetrotter, albeit the tiniest one
IU makes Emmitt Holt signing official
Emmitt Holt's high school coach compares him to Draymond Green
Men's, women's basketball schedules released
Reports: Christian Watford signs with Boston Celtics
Geoff
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 3:57 PM EDT

Bet there would be more comments here if I had joined Dustin in the coat closet…

Probably not very complimentary ones though… Just Harvard busting my balls, and then his alter-ego Lord of the Coat Closet making a top 10 list of what happened after the camera stopped rolling.

By the way Dustin, would you describe my hairdo as more of a balding Dakich or Kartje-an Fauxhawk?

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 5:53 PM EDT

I have to admit, I haven’t watched these for awhile…..partly because I’ve been following the game blog so I get Dustin’s input while the game is going on.

Too bad you weren’t on there with him.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:10 PM EDT

You’d be lost without me “busting your (pistachios)..” What would you do with all that lotion Laffy never stops applying to your lower back?

We all know you wussed out. It’s o.k…I only come out of the broom closet when Dustin unchains me on Groundhog Day.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:25 PM EDT

I’m just glad he didn’t say Hanger Perea.

Dustin-

I shall have my wife, Edwin, crochet you a ScoopTalk banner that can replace any depressing pale wall serving as background.

Actually, FedEx Office(email Laffy) could likely make you one for under $35.00. Hang it up with some of those awesome 3M wall adhesive hangers all IU students use in dorms for posters of Bruce Springsteen. You could have also stretched the clip to seven minutes with a RemyRix intro and some season highlights.

Can it be that difficult to polish the product around the edges? It was so, so dreary…almost spooky. I thought the two little girl twins from ‘The Shining’ were going to pop out. I thoroughly enjoy the ScoopTalks you do courtside and the stadium broom crews wonder like zombies to get onto ESPN.

Lord of the Cloakroom
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:52 PM EDT

I’d be more careful about hoping for a match-up with the Bruins in the Big Dance.

Going solo on a ScoopTalk after bashing the Wear twins during casual hoops chat and beers with Geoff at Champs probably not a good idea…

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:57 PM EDT

We need a mop for all of HH’s tears.

Poor guy can’t handle someone getting praise for actually knowing something about basketball as oppossed to his mental breakdowns every time someone says our players aren’t perfect.

Ben
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 11:53 PM EDT

Laffy,

Is the Scoop live blog better or Inside the Hall during the games? I use Gamecast from ESPN. It’s ok, but slow. Reminds me of a early basketball game on a gaming system.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:17 AM EDT

Wow…Kartje now covering the Bruins for the Orange County Register.

You never told us, Dustin. Man, that kid gets around(Michigan, Bloomington, Milwaukee, LA).

And there you are, stood up by Geoff, sitting in a coat closet by your lonesome in a place called Happy Valley…spewing out five minutes of the same old same old….while Kartje takes in a California ocean sunset.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:31 AM EDT

• Ryan Kartje, who covered Milwaukee sports for Fox Sports Wisconsin since April, was hired to cover UCLA. Kartje finished second in column writing in 2011 for under 30,000 circulation in the APSE contest while at the Bloomington (Ind.) Herald Times.

Really? Finished second? What a bunch of crap. HT Sports goes down faster than the Titanic without Dustin Dopirak.

Chet
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 9:51 AM EDT

Some people just give killer interviews. My daughter’s like that. Just get a toe in the door and it’s a done deal.

Spent a little time there when I was living in San Diego. Good luck to Ryan but you can have the place. Unless he’s got a hundred million lying around he’s gonna be somebody’s pool boy. You can’t even go to the ‘city’ parks or ‘public’ beaches without buying a pass. You probably have to insert money into water fountains by now. I hope the Register made some kind of deal with him that provides housing. At least he can sell all those warm clothes he bought for Milwaukee. Time to hit the gym, though.

Maybe the guy just can’t hold a job. Maybe they’re contracting with WalMart for the Witness Relocation Program and Ryan is ‘on the lamb’ (I’ve never understood that term).

Can’t wait to read that first story when the Bruins play Michigan.

Comments

• W. Soccer. Hoosiers At Auburn Soccer Classic This Weekend - The Indiana women's soccer team (1-1) will travel south to Auburn, Ala., to take part in the Auburn Soccer Classic this weekend. The Hoosiers will play Georgia Southern (Friday)
  • W. Water Polo. Throwback Thursday - The 2003 Season - In only their third season in the CWPA, Indiana had a strong 7-1 conference record, coming out of the Southern Division. The overall record of 26-11 is tied for the second most
  • Oladipo declares for the NBA - Indiana junior Victor Oladipo this afternoon announced he will be going to the NBA. IU coach Tom Crean
  • Video: Victor Oladipo headed to NBA - Earlier this afternoon Indiana junior Victor Oladipo joined head coach Tom Crean at Assembly Hall to
  • A look back at Indiana’s five-game tour of Canada -

Indiana’s five-game tour of Montreal and Ottawa earlier this month yielded quite a bit of content in a short period of time and we wanted to provide one place where

• An early look at the 2014-2015 frontcourt -

With the official start of practice a little more than a month away (Oct. 3), the 2014-2015 season is on the horizon. We’ll have comprehensive player-by-player previews this

• REMINDER: Live Chat Friday at Noon - We will host our first live chat of the year at noon Friday on the FREE Message Board. Anyone can join. Hope to see you
  • Hoops Recruiting Central: Thoughts on Holt - Indiana added power forward Emmitt Holt late in the 2014 class. Read more here for quotes from Tom Crean on Holt and my
  • Game Preview: Indiana State Sycamores
  • Can Indiana's Defense Make a Difference?