ScoopTalk: Defense overcomes turnovers

10 comments by   |   Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 12:55 am EDT

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Ferrell, Robinson enter pretrial diversion program
Mosquera-Perea reaches plea agreement for OWI arrest
CBS to carry a pair of Indiana basketball games #iubb
Big Ten Network to broadcast 17 Indiana basketball games
Guyton writes open letter to Knight, asks him to return to IU
Geoff
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 3:57 PM EDT

Bet there would be more comments here if I had joined Dustin in the coat closet…

Probably not very complimentary ones though… Just Harvard busting my balls, and then his alter-ego Lord of the Coat Closet making a top 10 list of what happened after the camera stopped rolling.

By the way Dustin, would you describe my hairdo as more of a balding Dakich or Kartje-an Fauxhawk?

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 5:53 PM EDT

I have to admit, I haven’t watched these for awhile…..partly because I’ve been following the game blog so I get Dustin’s input while the game is going on.

Too bad you weren’t on there with him.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:10 PM EDT

You’d be lost without me “busting your (pistachios)..” What would you do with all that lotion Laffy never stops applying to your lower back?

We all know you wussed out. It’s o.k…I only come out of the broom closet when Dustin unchains me on Groundhog Day.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:25 PM EDT

I’m just glad he didn’t say Hanger Perea.

Dustin-

I shall have my wife, Edwin, crochet you a ScoopTalk banner that can replace any depressing pale wall serving as background.

Actually, FedEx Office(email Laffy) could likely make you one for under $35.00. Hang it up with some of those awesome 3M wall adhesive hangers all IU students use in dorms for posters of Bruce Springsteen. You could have also stretched the clip to seven minutes with a RemyRix intro and some season highlights.

Can it be that difficult to polish the product around the edges? It was so, so dreary…almost spooky. I thought the two little girl twins from ‘The Shining’ were going to pop out. I thoroughly enjoy the ScoopTalks you do courtside and the stadium broom crews wonder like zombies to get onto ESPN.

Lord of the Cloakroom
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:52 PM EDT

I’d be more careful about hoping for a match-up with the Bruins in the Big Dance.

Going solo on a ScoopTalk after bashing the Wear twins during casual hoops chat and beers with Geoff at Champs probably not a good idea…

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:57 PM EDT

We need a mop for all of HH’s tears.

Poor guy can’t handle someone getting praise for actually knowing something about basketball as oppossed to his mental breakdowns every time someone says our players aren’t perfect.

Ben
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 11:53 PM EDT

Laffy,

Is the Scoop live blog better or Inside the Hall during the games? I use Gamecast from ESPN. It’s ok, but slow. Reminds me of a early basketball game on a gaming system.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:17 AM EDT

Wow…Kartje now covering the Bruins for the Orange County Register.

You never told us, Dustin. Man, that kid gets around(Michigan, Bloomington, Milwaukee, LA).

And there you are, stood up by Geoff, sitting in a coat closet by your lonesome in a place called Happy Valley…spewing out five minutes of the same old same old….while Kartje takes in a California ocean sunset.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:31 AM EDT

• Ryan Kartje, who covered Milwaukee sports for Fox Sports Wisconsin since April, was hired to cover UCLA. Kartje finished second in column writing in 2011 for under 30,000 circulation in the APSE contest while at the Bloomington (Ind.) Herald Times.

Really? Finished second? What a bunch of crap. HT Sports goes down faster than the Titanic without Dustin Dopirak.

Chet
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 9:51 AM EDT

Some people just give killer interviews. My daughter’s like that. Just get a toe in the door and it’s a done deal.

Spent a little time there when I was living in San Diego. Good luck to Ryan but you can have the place. Unless he’s got a hundred million lying around he’s gonna be somebody’s pool boy. You can’t even go to the ‘city’ parks or ‘public’ beaches without buying a pass. You probably have to insert money into water fountains by now. I hope the Register made some kind of deal with him that provides housing. At least he can sell all those warm clothes he bought for Milwaukee. Time to hit the gym, though.

Maybe the guy just can’t hold a job. Maybe they’re contracting with WalMart for the Witness Relocation Program and Ryan is ‘on the lamb’ (I’ve never understood that term).

Can’t wait to read that first story when the Bruins play Michigan.

Comments

• M. Golf. Doyle Leads Indiana At Wolf Run Intercollegiate - Indiana finished the 2014 Wolf Run Intercollegiate in 11th place as a team after posting a team score of 303 in Sunday's final round.
    Related Links: Read more...
  • W. Soccer. Abby Smith Header Gives Hoosiers OT Win - Abby Smith headed home the game-winning goal in the 105th minute for the Hoosiers on Sunday at Northwestern. Related Links: Read more...
  • @ IDS HOOSIER HYPE:
    @ PEEGS/INSIDE INDIANA:
  • Badgers land Rivals150 forward - Wisconsin added a second piece to its 2015 recruiting class when Rivals150 power forward Alex Illikainen committed on
  • Indiana's defense turns up the heat - All week leading up to their game at Missouri the IU coaches and players talked about being more
  • @ INSIDE THE HALL:
  • 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Northwestern Wildcats -

With the start of college basketball season on the horizon, we’ll be taking a long look at the conference at large as well as Indiana’s roster over the next month. Today,

• More TV designations announced for IU’s 2014-2015 schedule -

The Big Ten announced television designations on Thursday for the remainder of league games that will be shown on either CBS or the ESPN family of networks. Indiana will have a

• @ HOOSIER NATION:
  • Q&A: Catching up with Max Hoetzel - Indiana freshman Max Hoetzel sat down with IUHoosiers.com this week to talk about his early adjustments to
  • Mosquera-Perea to do community service - Hanner Mosquera-Perea has accepted a plea agreement stemming from his February arrest for
  • @ THE CRIMSON QUARRY:
  • Indiana 31, Missouri 27: When a Good Defense Shows Up, Our Offense Can Do the Rest
  • Indiana Hoosiers Upset Missouri in Columbus: Full Recap