ScoopTalk: Defense overcomes turnovers

Report: Trevor Thompson commits to Ohio State
Blackmon non-factor at Nike Hoop Summit
Blackmon to play in Nike Hoop Summit Saturday
Blackmon on Indiana All-Star team
Geoff
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 3:57 PM EDT

Bet there would be more comments here if I had joined Dustin in the coat closet…

Probably not very complimentary ones though… Just Harvard busting my balls, and then his alter-ego Lord of the Coat Closet making a top 10 list of what happened after the camera stopped rolling.

By the way Dustin, would you describe my hairdo as more of a balding Dakich or Kartje-an Fauxhawk?

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 5:53 PM EDT

I have to admit, I haven’t watched these for awhile…..partly because I’ve been following the game blog so I get Dustin’s input while the game is going on.

Too bad you weren’t on there with him.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:10 PM EDT

You’d be lost without me “busting your (pistachios)..” What would you do with all that lotion Laffy never stops applying to your lower back?

We all know you wussed out. It’s o.k…I only come out of the broom closet when Dustin unchains me on Groundhog Day.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:25 PM EDT

I’m just glad he didn’t say Hanger Perea.

Dustin-

I shall have my wife, Edwin, crochet you a ScoopTalk banner that can replace any depressing pale wall serving as background.

Actually, FedEx Office(email Laffy) could likely make you one for under $35.00. Hang it up with some of those awesome 3M wall adhesive hangers all IU students use in dorms for posters of Bruce Springsteen. You could have also stretched the clip to seven minutes with a RemyRix intro and some season highlights.

Can it be that difficult to polish the product around the edges? It was so, so dreary…almost spooky. I thought the two little girl twins from ‘The Shining’ were going to pop out. I thoroughly enjoy the ScoopTalks you do courtside and the stadium broom crews wonder like zombies to get onto ESPN.

Lord of the Cloakroom
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:52 PM EDT

I’d be more careful about hoping for a match-up with the Bruins in the Big Dance.

Going solo on a ScoopTalk after bashing the Wear twins during casual hoops chat and beers with Geoff at Champs probably not a good idea…

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:57 PM EDT

We need a mop for all of HH’s tears.

Poor guy can’t handle someone getting praise for actually knowing something about basketball as oppossed to his mental breakdowns every time someone says our players aren’t perfect.

Ben
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 11:53 PM EDT

Laffy,

Is the Scoop live blog better or Inside the Hall during the games? I use Gamecast from ESPN. It’s ok, but slow. Reminds me of a early basketball game on a gaming system.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:17 AM EDT

Wow…Kartje now covering the Bruins for the Orange County Register.

You never told us, Dustin. Man, that kid gets around(Michigan, Bloomington, Milwaukee, LA).

And there you are, stood up by Geoff, sitting in a coat closet by your lonesome in a place called Happy Valley…spewing out five minutes of the same old same old….while Kartje takes in a California ocean sunset.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:31 AM EDT

• Ryan Kartje, who covered Milwaukee sports for Fox Sports Wisconsin since April, was hired to cover UCLA. Kartje finished second in column writing in 2011 for under 30,000 circulation in the APSE contest while at the Bloomington (Ind.) Herald Times.

Really? Finished second? What a bunch of crap. HT Sports goes down faster than the Titanic without Dustin Dopirak.

Chet
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 9:51 AM EDT

Some people just give killer interviews. My daughter’s like that. Just get a toe in the door and it’s a done deal.

Spent a little time there when I was living in San Diego. Good luck to Ryan but you can have the place. Unless he’s got a hundred million lying around he’s gonna be somebody’s pool boy. You can’t even go to the ‘city’ parks or ‘public’ beaches without buying a pass. You probably have to insert money into water fountains by now. I hope the Register made some kind of deal with him that provides housing. At least he can sell all those warm clothes he bought for Milwaukee. Time to hit the gym, though.

Maybe the guy just can’t hold a job. Maybe they’re contracting with WalMart for the Witness Relocation Program and Ryan is ‘on the lamb’ (I’ve never understood that term).

Can’t wait to read that first story when the Bruins play Michigan.

Comments

• Baseball. Hoosiers, Spartans In Big Ten Battle in Btown - The 18th ranked Indiana University baseball team (22-11, 8-1 Big Ten) plays host to the Michigan State Spartans (20-14, 5-4 Big Ten) this weekend at Bart Kaufman Field. The
  • Football. Cream & Crimson Game Highlights - The Cream defeated the Crimson, 24-14 in Indiana's annual Cream & Crimson Game on Saturday, April 12. Check out highlights right
  • Black Key Bulls, Teter capture Spring Series - Black Key Bulls and Teter captured the men’s and women’s white jerseys, respectively in dominating fashion Saturday, winning in Team Pursuit. In the men’s finals, Black Key
  • Team Pursuit Standings - SPRING SERIES UPDATED: Black Key Bulls clinched the Spring Series title with their time and will wear the white jersey on race day. With the final Spring Series event, Team
  • Boykin lands Ohio State offer - Offer No. 15 for Rivals250 wide receiver Miles Boykin of New Lenox (Ill.) Providence Catholic came through Wednesday evening from the Ohio
  • Texas LB has an Indiana offer - Kevin Wilson and his staff have offered a number of linebacker prospects in the 2015 class, and
  • Q & A: Class of 2016 guard Kyle Guy talks recruiting -

INDIANAPOLIS — 6-foot-2 guard Kyle Guy isn’t hesitant to challenge himself. As a sophomore at Lawrence Central, he dealt with double teams and face-guarding all season.

• Video: Robert Johnson shines at Derby Festival practice -

Future Indiana guard Robert Johnson was one of the standouts in Wednesday’s Derby Festival Basketball Classic practice at Basketball Academy in Louisville. Here’s a

• Indiana expresses interest in Cal decommit - Indiana has expressed interest in California decommit Idrissa Diallo. The big man would help the Hoosiers next
  • VIDEO: A glimpse at offseason workouts - In this video from IU Athletics, Yogi Ferrell and Hanner Mosquera-Perea are building strength in the weight
  • The Thursday Thinker