ScoopTalk: Defense overcomes turnovers

10 comments by   |   Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 12:55 am EDT

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Purdue vs. Indiana alumni game this Saturday
Oladipo, Zeller named to USA Select Team
IU target Spalding commits to Louisville
Crean putting together vision for guard-oriented team
Spalding enjoying IU, recruiting process
Geoff
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 3:57 PM EDT

Bet there would be more comments here if I had joined Dustin in the coat closet…

Probably not very complimentary ones though… Just Harvard busting my balls, and then his alter-ego Lord of the Coat Closet making a top 10 list of what happened after the camera stopped rolling.

By the way Dustin, would you describe my hairdo as more of a balding Dakich or Kartje-an Fauxhawk?

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 5:53 PM EDT

I have to admit, I haven’t watched these for awhile…..partly because I’ve been following the game blog so I get Dustin’s input while the game is going on.

Too bad you weren’t on there with him.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:10 PM EDT

You’d be lost without me “busting your (pistachios)..” What would you do with all that lotion Laffy never stops applying to your lower back?

We all know you wussed out. It’s o.k…I only come out of the broom closet when Dustin unchains me on Groundhog Day.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 6:25 PM EDT

I’m just glad he didn’t say Hanger Perea.

Dustin-

I shall have my wife, Edwin, crochet you a ScoopTalk banner that can replace any depressing pale wall serving as background.

Actually, FedEx Office(email Laffy) could likely make you one for under $35.00. Hang it up with some of those awesome 3M wall adhesive hangers all IU students use in dorms for posters of Bruce Springsteen. You could have also stretched the clip to seven minutes with a RemyRix intro and some season highlights.

Can it be that difficult to polish the product around the edges? It was so, so dreary…almost spooky. I thought the two little girl twins from ‘The Shining’ were going to pop out. I thoroughly enjoy the ScoopTalks you do courtside and the stadium broom crews wonder like zombies to get onto ESPN.

Lord of the Cloakroom
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:52 PM EDT

I’d be more careful about hoping for a match-up with the Bruins in the Big Dance.

Going solo on a ScoopTalk after bashing the Wear twins during casual hoops chat and beers with Geoff at Champs probably not a good idea…

Laffy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 7:57 PM EDT

We need a mop for all of HH’s tears.

Poor guy can’t handle someone getting praise for actually knowing something about basketball as oppossed to his mental breakdowns every time someone says our players aren’t perfect.

Ben
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 11:53 PM EDT

Laffy,

Is the Scoop live blog better or Inside the Hall during the games? I use Gamecast from ESPN. It’s ok, but slow. Reminds me of a early basketball game on a gaming system.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:17 AM EDT

Wow…Kartje now covering the Bruins for the Orange County Register.

You never told us, Dustin. Man, that kid gets around(Michigan, Bloomington, Milwaukee, LA).

And there you are, stood up by Geoff, sitting in a coat closet by your lonesome in a place called Happy Valley…spewing out five minutes of the same old same old….while Kartje takes in a California ocean sunset.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 5:31 AM EDT

• Ryan Kartje, who covered Milwaukee sports for Fox Sports Wisconsin since April, was hired to cover UCLA. Kartje finished second in column writing in 2011 for under 30,000 circulation in the APSE contest while at the Bloomington (Ind.) Herald Times.

Really? Finished second? What a bunch of crap. HT Sports goes down faster than the Titanic without Dustin Dopirak.

Chet
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 9:51 AM EDT

Some people just give killer interviews. My daughter’s like that. Just get a toe in the door and it’s a done deal.

Spent a little time there when I was living in San Diego. Good luck to Ryan but you can have the place. Unless he’s got a hundred million lying around he’s gonna be somebody’s pool boy. You can’t even go to the ‘city’ parks or ‘public’ beaches without buying a pass. You probably have to insert money into water fountains by now. I hope the Register made some kind of deal with him that provides housing. At least he can sell all those warm clothes he bought for Milwaukee. Time to hit the gym, though.

Maybe the guy just can’t hold a job. Maybe they’re contracting with WalMart for the Witness Relocation Program and Ryan is ‘on the lamb’ (I’ve never understood that term).

Can’t wait to read that first story when the Bruins play Michigan.

Comments

• M. Basketball. Oladipo Impresses At USA Basketball Camp - Having idolized all of the star players of USA Basketball as a child, Victor Oladipo called the opportunity to contribute to Team USA this week
  • Varsity Club. On the Road with the Hoosiers: Chicago - Indiana's On the Road with the Hoosiers continued on Monday, July 28, with a visit to Joe's Bar in Chicago. The fan celebration, which included more than 300 Hoosiers, featured IU
  • B1G target in Ohio - Rising junior Jon Teske of Medina, Ohio told Peegs.com last weekend he's now measuring in at
  • Hoosier Newsstand, July 30 - Get the latest articles on Indiana basketball, football and other Hoosier sports of interest in today's
  • Oladipo drawing praise at USA Basketball camp -

NBA.com: Derrick Rose: Oladipo is a “Big-Time Talent” Here is a sampling of some of the comments about Oladipo’s inclusion in the USA Basketball system and his

• Video: Thon Maker adidas Super64 highlights -

In Sunday’s showcase game of the adidas Super64, 7-footer Thon Maker of Team Loaded (Va.) put on a show in his team’s 73-70 overtime loss to Game Elite (Ga.) with

• What We Learned: July Evaluation Period - The July Evaluation period is now over. The Indiana coaching staff was busy all month. Here's five things we learned from the exhausting
  • IU targets make USA U17 team - Several Indiana recruiting targets made the cut for team USA under-17
  • Bloomington Restaurant and Bar Guide