ScoopTalk: It wasn’t pretty, but road wins usually aren’t.

• Bobskijo #1

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 1:20 PM EDT

The Luke warm play of I.U. Is going to haunt them this season. Some thing is wrong with the chemistry of this team!

• GooFy Dave #2

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 1:28 PM EDT

Bobski- I don’t necessarily think the chemistry is wrong, I just think we were overhyped at the beginning that’s all. If we started as the #12 team in the country (that’s probably about where we should be anyway), then we’d be complaining a lot less.

We have two losses by a total of 7 points. Butler is pretty good. So is Wisconsin – but even if they were horrible, we still wouldn’t beat them, because it’s in our blood to get psyched out by the Badgers no matter what.

• Larry #3

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 6:08 PM EDT

I agree, the hype all off season long is taking it’s toll.

• WestCoast Hoosier #4

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:11 AM EDT

I’m not sure how much any of the criticisms make sense and I’m no expert, but it does strike me that IU oughta’ have some set plays, screens, etc. for when the dribble drive is stagnant or otherwise not working.

I used to love Bob Knight until he seemed to spin out at the end of “his reign” when he did some of the whacked out things he did, but he certainly managed to create an offense that got Steve Alford open against all kinds of defenses – and Alford wasn’t much bigger, faster or better at shooting than Jordan Hulls.

• Chet #5

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 9:45 AM EDT

Alford ran about 20 miles a game off the ball working to get open. He exhausted defenders.

That being said, the offense revolved around him doing just that. To quote Reggie Jackson, he was “the straw that stirred the drink.”

• Steve in New Mexico #6

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 2:18 PM EDT

^ Best post by Chet ever! Absolutely correct on both accounts. Respect.

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football