Wilson provides roster updates


Indiana released an interview with coach Kevin Wilson in which he revealed a few roster changes that have occurred since the season ended. Wilson said that cornerback Lawrence Barnett and wide receiver Jamonne Chester decided not to return for their fifth seasons of eligibility. He mentioned several other players that had already made that call, including punters Mitchell Voss and Chad Roggeman, defensive end Javon Cornley and offensive linemen Charile Chapman and Tyler McGuigan. Defensive end Justin Rayside transferred to a Division II in Texas, Tarleton State, Wilson said. Running back Matt Perez (back) and linebacker Ishmael Thomas (shoulder) both became medical non-participants after not playing all of last season. The remain on scholarship, but do not count against the 85-man-limit.

Share the Scoop!

3 comments:

  • Podunker #1


    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 9:45 PM EDT

    Does this mean IU’s 2013 recruiting class is going to get bigger?

  • Dustin Dopirak #2


    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 10:39 PM EDT

    That’s the plan, apparently.

  • Hoosier Clarion #3


    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 10:38 AM EDT

    Has to if the talent is available that can help. I wonder if they will try harder to turn Fred Coppet’s commitment to Bowling Green?

Scoop Poll:

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

IU vs Michigan State Football


Find Notre Dame football coverage on NDInsider.com. © Hoosier Times Inc., all rights reserved.