Thu., Oct. 23, 2014
Wed., Oct. 22, 2014
Tue., Oct. 21, 2014
Mon., Oct. 20, 2014
Sat., Oct. 18, 2014
Sat., Oct. 18, 2014
Fri., Oct. 17, 2014
PREGAME: The Indiana women’s basketball team aims to end a 10-game losing streak tonight against the rival Purdue Boilermakers. The No. 22 Boilers, coached by former IU one-hit wonder Sharon Versyp, are 11-1 at Assembly Hall since 1999 and 21-10 in Bloomington all-time.
Indiana will try to snap an eight-game skid against its in-state rival in part by doing exactly what it did last time — shutting down leading scorers Courtney Moses and Drey Mingo. In a 59-42 loss at Mackey Arena on Jan. 31, the Hoosiers held the Boilers’ duo to a combined three points on 1-for-18 shooting from the field.
Tip-off is slated for 7 p.m. In the meantime, here are a couple nuggets courtesy of the IU media relations department:
• Indiana and Purdue have played each other 75 times overall in women’s basketball, as Wednesday’s match up will mark the 76th meeting between the two programs.
• Senior Linda Rubene set a new career mark in her last game with 14 points at Michigan State on Feb. 13, shooting 4-of-6 from the floor, 1-of-1 from beyond the arc and 5-of-5 from the charity stripe to go along with four rebounds.
• Senior Aulani Sinclair has been on the floor for nearly 95 percent of the total minutes Indiana has played this season and leads the Big Ten by logging 37.9 minutes per game this year.
• Sinclair is 20th on IU’s all-time career scoring list (1,074 points), ranks fifth all-time in career 3-point field goals made (171) and is sixth for most 3-point field goals made (60) in a single season.
• Senior Jasmine McGhee has scored in double figures in three of the last four games and is second on the team in scoring with 11.7 points per game and paces the team in rebounding (5.9 rpg).
North Carolina & the NCAA. Will NC take down the 2005 National ch [...]
IU Soccer Fan is NOT amused. This one just didn't pass the look test. [...]
Another great team win. Congrats Coach Yeagley and team. Go Hoosiers! [...]
Seahawk Tom has sure disappeared....along with Russell Wilson and the [...]
correction: Since the Titanic sunk in 1914, there have been three c [...]
.....who has yet to produce a winning season as a head coa [...]
HforH; "At the end of the day, I do wholeheartedly agree with Tsao…. [...]