Inge wants a defense that’s “consistent, aggressive, and violent”

It was important to Indiana coach Kevin Wilson that the linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator he found to replace Mike Ekeler would be someone with whom co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach Doug Mallory would find common ground with philosophically.

That apparently happened with William Inge, whom the Hoosiers hired officially Wednesday from his post as defensive line coach of the Buffalo Bills.

“Philosophically Doug and I see eye to eye,” Inge said Wednesday. ” In terms of what he’s done with the structure and what goes on from the secondary standpoint and what he’s learned from his father Coach Mallory and all the good he’s done for this particular institution and the things that I’ve done with front seven work in the places I’ve been. We were able to talk and think about some of the things we like to do and process that goes on and seeing what the final picture looks like We were on the same page with that.”

And what does that final picture look like?

“What we look for in our defense is three words,” Inge said. “Consistent, aggressive and violent. We want to be consistent in all of the things we work with in our players. We want our teams to be in a scenario where we don’t beat ourselves. We want to be fundamentally sound, structurally sound, and we know that good teams are the ones that don’t beat themselves. We want to be aggressive in the fact that when the ball is snapped, we make sure we wreak havoc on the play. That’s not necessarily meaning we’re going to blitz all the time, but we want to be aggressive in how we carry out our fundamental techniques. And violent in the fact that we know it’s a violent game and you define your self through contact at the point of attack.”

Inge later clarified his use of the term “violent,” concerned about the term’s connotation. He said he wants his teams to be active at the point of attack, though not with intent to injure.

As well as he and Mallory got along during the interview process, Inge was attracted to the job because of Wilson. Inge had never worked with Wilson, but he’d been on staffs with plenty of coaches who had, including former San Diego State coach Chuck Long, who was Oklahoma’s offensive coordinator before Wilson was promoted to that position from offensive line coach.

“Knowing how good coach Wilson has been from a history standpoint, he’s always been on my list of coaches I wanted to work with,” Inge said. “… Indiana University is very dear to my heart being in the Big Ten, and I’ve been really impressed by what Coach Wilson has done with this program in two years. It is a very attractive job.”

• Aruss #1

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 2:45 PM EST

Please tell me you followed up with his violent comment with a query about concerns for concussions.

• TsaoTsuG #2

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 3:16 PM EST

Aruss, you couldn’t tell that ‘viokent’ was a metaphor for ‘hard-hitting, focused, in your face, all out, strong and committed play on defense. All of the things the Hoosiers have not been on defense and we so intensely need. In fact, eliminating some of the passivity we find in our defensive football (I recommend you view some of last year’s videos) and some of this year’s basketball work (particularly the last two weeks).

Now…, you knew that; but you just had to offer the usual commentary without meaning. (To allay your concerns, we’ll ask the Athletic Dept. keep an ambulance at the ready on the little access road to Memorial Stadium field).

• YouWillNeverKnow #3

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 3:21 PM EST

Aruss, Please tell me you wipe your own *ss.

• Greg #4

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 3:25 PM EST

Aruss, I took your comment as tongue-in-cheek, but apparently others did not. Please clarify.

• Aruss #5

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 3:43 PM EST

Greg – correct. It was an inside joke between Dustin and I on the state of sports journalism and it’s overly politically correct and sensational nature. It went over the heads of the dullards that like to comment on this site.

• Hoosier Clarion #6

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 4:35 PM EST

I think it was Duffy’s quote stating, “Football isn’t a contact sport, it is a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.”

“Consistent, aggressive and violent”, even a double digit IQ would not have to guess about that meaning.

• Podunker #7

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 7:19 PM EST

Aruss, for what it’s worth, I was not certain, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

And by the way, a football player can still play with great violence without trying to cause concussions. Drilling an opponent, face mask first, in the sternum is very violent without risking a concussion.

• Mack #8

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 7:37 PM EST

sorry repeated post from Coach Inge hiring:
    After reading the articles about defensive changes this winter, Coach Wilson is not addressing his team’s biggest problem, Coach Mallory’s schemes. In 2012, Rush defense ranked 116th of 120 in the nation, total defense 103/120 and scoring defense 101/120. Constantly playing nickle and dime packages may work at LSU or NM, but in the Big Ten; Wisconsin rushes for 562 yds. We scored enough to win more games and didn’t give bad field position through turnovers. Good athletes like #4, #42 and #34 fit in certain situations, but we need bigger, tough tacklers like Jeff Thomas to shore up the run game in conference play. Shedding blocks and scraping to the hole is just as important as chasing the runner from behind after he went by you. Safety’s and corners are always making the tackles because of no run support from LB’s. We also lose two terrific players in Replogle and Black, so tough LB play is needed. Congrats to Coach Inge, we wish you the best and look forward to seeing your improved schemes…if allowed your own input. Based on 2011 and 2012 stats, we believe that if IU’s defensive coordinator’s last name wasn’t Mallory, he would be elsewhere too.

• Hoosier Clarion #9

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 8:07 PM EST

Mack, confusion is rampant in you post because you listed the very weaknesses that made the very schemes(you criticize)Mallory and Ekeler used necessary.

• TsaoTsuG #10

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 8:09 PM EST

Yeah, it certainly did go over my head. And, you are right that the state of journalism this day and the normal reaction to words like ‘violent’ is, at the same time, laughable and a sign of diminishing clarity.

I, for one, had no idea that some comments may be the outcome of ‘insider’ contacts, thus tend to take the comment at face value. Perhaps, as I do, if there are ‘inside comments’ I email the HT individual involved under the assumption that any posts on the open blog will be interpreted as written. There really is no reason to get upset. Agree or not, basically you are taken seriously as to content.

• Podunker #11

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 8:26 PM EST

Copied from one of the sites associated with the University of Iowa, the following was published January 3rd, 2012. For what it’s worth, I watched an interview of coach Inge shortly after he was hired by the Bills. He is obviously very bright, thoughtful and articulate. Just based on comparing that interview to the ones I saw Ekeler give, I’d say Wilson has upgraded this position coach. And I can certainly see how Inge will be an effective recruiter.

Beginning the copied content: “At most schools, an open coordinator position wouldn’t be cause for serious contemplation. Coordinators come and go, in most circumstances. Iowa football isn’t most schools, though; the program hasn’t hired a new coordinator in thirteen years, and a full-on head coaching search looks to be years away. Defensive Coordinator LET’S TALK ABOUT IT.

A former Iowa linebacker and team captain who worked on the staffs of both Hayden Fry and Kirk Ferentz, has a decade of experience coaching every conceivable defensive position for some heavyweight coaches, is currently working as a defensive coordinator at a mid-major, and is clearly upwardly mobile. William Inge checks the boxes as well as any other candidate.

You might remember him as Bill Ennis-Inge, a monster defensive end that Hayden Fry plucked out of St. Louis in the mid-90′s. In two years as a starter, Inge racked up some staggering statistics: 150 tackles, 33 tackles for loss, 22 sacks. He was a team captain in 1996, and an honorable mention all-Big Ten and academic all-conference selection. After a brief, largely unsuccessful stint in the pros, Inge returned to Iowa City as the recruiting coordinator for Fry’s final season. When Fry retired, Inge remained in the same position on Ferentz’s first staff, and was instrumental in signing the classes that eventually won Ferentz two Big Ten championships. Inge wasn’t there to see the fruits of his labor; he left in 2001 to become linebacker and defensive line coach for Mark Farley at Northern Iowa, earning a promotion to co-coordinator in 2004. In 2005, Inge left UNI for Colorado, acting as defensive line coach in Gary Barnett’s final season with the Buffaloes. When Barnett was fired, Inge signed on with Chuck Long at San Diego State as linebackers coach. Two years later, he was off to coach linebackers for Brian Kelly at Cincinnati. In his two seasons at Cincinnati, the Bearcats went 23-2 and won two Big East championships. Kelly cashed in with an offer from Notre Dame; his top assistant, offensive coordinator Jeff Quinn, became the head coach at Buffalo. Quinn took Inge with him, making him the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.

Inge’s results at Buffalo have been slightly suspect. The Bulls have gone just 5-19 over the last two years, but that has been largely due to offensive ineptitude. Inge’s first defense finished fifth in the conference in total defense, eighth in scoring defense, second in passing defense, and seventh in rushing defense. The Bulls finished this season with almost identical rankings: Sixth in total defense, eighth in scoring, though their actual yardage statistics were comparable to Iowa’s numbers (and in the MAC, where half the teams were playing ridiculous offensive football). Quinn’s seat — and, by virtue of being Quinn’s guy, Inge’s seat — is beginning to heat up, even though Buffalo has virtually no history of success.

The record at Buffalo does beg the question, though: Is his track record good enough? Inge was on the Chuck Long staff at San Diego State that finished with the only 10-loss season in school history. He was on the final Gary Barnett staff at Colorado, the one that lost 70-3 to Texas in the Big 12 Championship Game after losing its last three regular season games. There’s Buffalo, with three wins over FBS competition in his two seasons as defensive coordinator. And even at his one significant success as an FBS assistant, Cincinnati, the defense floundered: Fourth in the Big East in total defense in 2008, dead last in 2009. Blaming a position coach for the problems of an entire defense is probably unfair, but there aren’t many other metrics available. Inge hasn’t been with any FBS program longer than two years, so any examination of player development or recruiting acumen is suspect at best. We’re left with his success as a recruiting coordinator at Iowa, his work at UNI, and the fact that a number of name brand coaches have tapped him as a part of their defensive staffs. Is what was good enough for Gary Barnett or Chip Brian Kelly (though not good enough to follow Kelly to Notre Dame, apparently, as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach job went to another former Hawkeye, Bob Diaco) good enough for Kirk Ferentz?

The Inge rumor percolated on the message boards for a few weeks, then boiled to the surface after a post-bowl trip to the northeast (we have it on good authority that was a recruiting trip to check in on Tevaun Smith, by the way). The fact is that, while Inge checks the boxes, he doesn’t yet have the track record to justify the promotion. If the writing is on the wall at Buffalo, Inge would be a coup as a position coach; he’s coached every position on defense, he’s recruited in every region, and he’s an impressive man. This isn’t about position coaches, though; it’s about defensive coordinator, and as of right now, William Inge would be a reach.”

• Dustin Dopirak #12

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 8:27 PM EST

Inside joke is probably over-stating it. It’s not like we’d had this conversation on some other forum. What Aruss really means is that he expected me to get his sarcasm. Which I did. After a minute when I was about to take him seriously and explain why if I wanted to know about safety measures to prevent concussions, I would not ask the newly hired linebackers coach. But point’s been made. We’re good.

• Mack #13

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 9:15 PM EST

Hoosier Clarion, sorry for the confusion. It is under Coach Mallory’s schemes that these numbers were posted. Just as the impressive offensive numbers are raved about and credited to Coaches Littrell and Wilson, defense is run by Coach Mallory. Hoping that offseason review of 2012 numbers/schemes along with new coaches brings exciting changes to the defense. Early leads were lost while 49, 39, 35 and 30 points are enough to win four of those games.

• Dustin Dopirak #14

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 10:38 PM EST

So funny story.
    You’ll notice the small clarification under the quote about violence. I promise you all, I did put Inge in any sort of position to extract that.
    Inge read the story and called me back on his own, just because he was concerned about the connotation. Obviously, I told him I couldn’t change the quote, but I could note his desire to clarify.
    I’m not sure if he read the comments or not, but I felt it necessary to explain that considering the context of the conversation on the thread. Obviously, this doesn’t suggest that he doesn’t really want his teams to hit hard, but what it shows is that this guy is very, very conscientious about articulating his message exactly the way he wants it to come out.

• TsaoTsuG #15

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 11:10 PM EST

I think we got it. In fact, I think we had it. Good choice.

Just one question though (here we go…!). Isn’t leading with the face mask (asPodunker suggested) exactly one of the positions now being held responsible by medical doctors and expert professionals for the increasing number of concussions due to the head being snapped back and the brains bounced around forcing them to crash into the sides of the head..thus, eventually…, the collapse of the world economy that is confronting various religious sects and creating the power confrontation that endangers safe passage through the Straits of Hormus which raises the price of world resources to climb and go up while weakening currencies leading to an international threat of armed confrontation, especially in the emerging and marginal agriculturally dependent sectors?

Other than those reservations, the appointment of Coach Inge to coach linebackers at IU seems fine to me. Another great CKW appointment.

• Aruss #16

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 11:14 PM EST

LOL…the power of the internet. I should start diagramming offensive plays then see if CKW uses them during games:)

On a serious note, if a coach is reading and reacting to internet comments from losers like us, players like Watford must lose his mind from reading the comments left on his twitter timeline.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #17

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 11:24 PM EST

Was in a Barnes and Noble today and to my astonishment I stumbled on a book titled “This is Indiana” put out by the Herald Times ..I almost purchased it($20.00), but I was already over my budget some other reads I had found… Had all intentions of buying it on my next visit. Now I’ve decided I probably won’t. Why? Let me explain..

Looked like some great photos by Chris Howell. What a stupendous photographer. But what was equally impressive as I scanned the pages and many stories is that I began to realize Dustin appeared to be the author of every story.

Now if I may offer an explanation to why I may not purchase the book..? I think it’s pretty crappy that when I found the book on the Barnes & Noble website, the following was the description of the author:

Meet the Author

The Herald-Times, a daily newspaper serving Bloomington, Indiana, and surrounding areas, is a three-time winner of the Blue Ribbon award as the best daily newspaper in the state of Indiana.

What the hell? Dustin writes every damn story in that book and they don’t give him the proper acknowledgment such a huge contribution to its content? There was no damn book without his daily writings and stories that graced the pages..Dustin has a work ethic and a level of dedication in covering Hoosier Basketball like no other journalist that will ever walk through the HT doors again. The daily paper, Scoop blog, travels with the team, recruiting info, Thursday LiveChats, Game day Chats, ScoopTalk…The guy does the job of eight people and they can’t dedicate on intro page in the book to him or put his name on the “Meet the Author” description on the internet offering. Can’t help build his name after all he’s done for Hoosier Basketball and the Herald Times..? Guess what that sort of crap treatment epitomizes? Pure Establishment smallness and subterfuge.

• TsaoTsuG #18

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 11:25 PM EST

I just read the post 9provided by Podunker) from Iowa on Coach Inge. I’m still trying to sort out what it says and does not say…but it is more revealing about the Iowa writer than about football.

From my standpoint, the key issue is that Coach Wilson did the interviewing, made the selection and I’m hoping coach Inge will be in the mold and a reflection of the other coaches (Littrell, Fabris…etc) Wilson has brought to the Hoosiers.

Really glad you are here Coach Inge! (Please forgive us if we sound a bit looney-tunes- you’ll get used to us after about 17-18 years).

• Dustin Dopirak #19

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 - 11:50 PM EST

Harvard,
    Really appreciate that, but if money were not a factor and your choices were buying the book or not buying the book as some form of protest for my sake, I’d rather you bought the book.
    I never really dug into why I didn’t get an author credit for that, simply because I presumed the reasoning was obvious. All of the stories in the book were printed in the Herald-Times before they were reproduced in the book and were of course produced while I was working on the company dime already. Basically, they weren’t my property, they were that of the Herald-Times. Same as the photos. Hence no author credit. Just a technicality. Don’t feel slighted by the higher-ups on that one at all.
    Also, there’s no Establishment here. No East Coast entities involved.

• Aruss #20

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 12:21 AM EST

Let’s not all cry for Dustin. I’m sure he’s getting a phat royalty check on top of his ridiculously large salary to cover the subject we’d all crawl on broken glass for.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #21

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 1:41 AM EST

Still don’t think it would have killed them to write a paragraph/bio on the journalist that contributed all the editorial(whether technically their property rights because they were already stories your wrote as an employment contract for the paper). Just my opinion.

Don’t mean to diminish the pride in having them choose all your stories, but a little snapshot of you and bit of background all the years you’ve covered the team ads more than just fill…It adds to the character of the book. I think if readers knew a bit of the backdrop(maybe add a few lines of what it’s meant to you to write and cover the resurgence of a basketball team that went about as low as many can ever remember in Bloomington), it can have the effect of bonding the reader to the product with much more significance. Your personal story that brought you to Indiana is unique. I doubt you fully understood what you were getting yourself into. You are unique and it makes this Hoosier proud that you felt interested enough to stay and dedicate so much of your passion in your craft to Indiana. That deserves a paragraph.

• Geoff #22

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 1:55 AM EST

Just as I’m sure that’s tongue in cheek… Right Aruss?

Dustin… Your forgetting that he Establishment is every outside of of IU. It includes the South, West, other B1G school representatives, and even other Indiana-based, non-IU folk…

• Harvard for Hillbillies #23

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 2:42 AM EST

“Just as I’m sure that’s tongue in cheek.”

Maybe if the room was pitch dark that could explain Babies “R” Us.

• Hoosier Clarion #24

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 9:21 AM EST

Mack I still think I am not connecting. The schemes you complain about were used to coverup for the MAC level talent on the field. The exciting changes to the D that you want to see happens only when better talent takes the field. It does appear the 2013 recruiting class has some better D talent. But Frosh being counted on to make an effective, immediate impact is iffy. I am though gung ho about that possibility because it is the only 1 we have this season. With better talent coming every year I expect Mallory to remain the DC and Inge to be co-DC for some time to come. POTFB!

• Podunker #25

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 2:09 PM EST

Tsao, proper and safe tackling technique requires that the tackler keep his head up with the neck bowed. The dangerous position, for both tackler and the player being tackled is when the head is down and the hit is made with the crown of the tackler’s helmet. One of the first things they teach boys learning to play football is to keep the head/face up, looking at the ball carrier, and planting the face mask in your opponent’s chest. This helps avoid concussions and spine injuries to the tackler and reduces risk of injury to the player being tackled.

The other key they teach the tackler is to get down low, in the “ready position”, with knees bent and the legs coiled underneath the hips so that the tackler can drive into to ball carrier, wrap arms around, lift and drive the legs. We see way too many players staying upright and trying to make head to head contact or just knock the player down from the collision, without “wrapping up.” And of course, the lower you get, the more important it is to have the head/face up and the neck bowed. If a player’s helmet fits properly, and he has the right face mask, planting the face in the ball carrier’s chest or back should be comfortable, but it takes practice to get used to it.

A few years before he died, in response to a question about how football could reduce concussions and serious neck injuries, Joe Paterno said, “get rid of modern helmets, go back to leather helmets without face masks.” And Paterno was completely serious. He conceded that you’d have more broken noses and facial contusions, but that if you eliminated moderns helmets, which are often used as weapons, and face masks, players would be forced to learn how to tackle “properly.”

It will never happen, but I think Paterno was right about that. He was certainly, at the time, one of the few “experts” around that had played in the leather helmet era.

• Mack #26

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 5:02 PM EST

Hoosier Clarion, don’t just blame the players…Coach Mallory’s scheme using nickle and dime packages 90% of the plays with athletic but undersized LB’s in the Big Ten has not worked. The numbers shout change; rush defense ranked 116/120 with Wisconsin rushing for 562 in IU’s biggest game of the year. We need to use more base defense against teams like WIS, OSU, MSU with players like Jeff Thomas and Leon Beckham who can shed blocks, fill holes and are solid tacklers. #4, #42 and #34 are athletic, but not run stoppers like Thomas or Beckham. I hope new Co-DC & LB Coach Inge will make these schematic adjustments after reviewing 2012. My heart is optimistic on offense, but obviously I am a big believer in tough defense to win in the Big Ten as I watch every IU game in person or on BTN. With the excitement generated on offense and ppg in 2012, Hoosier Nation would be screaming for a new DC if his name was not Mallory. Love the acronym use Clarion, too bad 35 pts. was not enough to POTFB.

• Hoosier Clarion #27

Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 5:55 PM EST

5 & 10 D was used because nothing like Thomas or Beckum were on the roster. There was not the personnel for the contrary. When LB’s like them and better play the schemes will change. You can’t blow TAPS with an oboe. Even if Mallory’s name was more outrageous than ;-x’/ he would still be DC. POTFB!

How many games will IU basketball win in 2014-15

• 16-19 (45%, 145 Votes)
  • 20-23 (36%, 117 Votes)
  • 15 or less (12%, 38 Votes)
  • 24 or more (7%, 24 Votes)

Total Voters: 324

IU vs Eastern Washington men\'s basketball

Men's Basketball Player Pages

[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_blackmon1.jpg]3030James Blackmon, Jr.
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard James Blackmon Jr. (1)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_zeisloft1.jpg]2250Nick Zeisloft
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Nick Zeisloft (2)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hoetzel1.jpg]1890Max Hoetzel
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Max Hoetzel (3)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_johnson1.jpg]1680Robert Johnson
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Robert Johnson (4)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_williams1.jpg]1550Troy Williams
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Troy Williams (5)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_burton1.jpg]1490Ryan Burton
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Ryan Burton (10)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_yogi1.jpg]1410Yogi Ferrell
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Yogi Ferrell (11)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_perea1.jpg]1410Hanner Mosquera-Perea
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea (12)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_robinson1.jpg]1170Stanford Robinson
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Stanford Robinson (22)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_ritchie1.jpg]1190Nate Ritchie
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Nate Ritchie (23)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_holt1.jpg]1360Emmitt Holt
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Emmitt Holt (25)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hartman1.jpg]1340Collin Hartman
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Collin Hartman (30)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_priller1.jpg]1590Tim Priller
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Tim Priller (35)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_april1.jpg]1690Jeremiah April
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers center Jeremiah April (44)

Women's Basketball Player Pages

[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_walter1.jpg]1310Jess Walter
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Jess Walter (2)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_buss1.jpg]3240Tyra Buss
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Tyra Buss (3)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_brooks1.jpg]1680Larryn Brooks
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Larryn Brooks (5)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_agler1.jpg]1490Taylor Agler
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Taylor Agler (10)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_bell2.jpg]1190Nicole Bell
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Nicole Bell (12)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_stratman1.jpg]1160Liz Stratman
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hulls1.jpg]1120Kaila Hulls
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard/forward Kaila Hulls (15)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_mcbride1.jpg]1090Karlee McBride
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Karlee McBride (21)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_gassion1.jpg]1110Alexis Gassion
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Alexis Gassion (23)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_muensterman1.jpg]900Maura Meunsterman
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Maura Muensterman (31)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_mize1.jpg]930Andrea Mize
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Andrea Mize (32)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_cahill1.jpg]970Amanda Cahill
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Amanda Cahill (33)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_jakubicek1.jpg]1020Claire Jakubicek
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Claire Jakubicek (34)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_leikem1.jpg]850Lyndsay Leikem
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Lyndsay Leikem (40)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_anderson1.jpg]910Jenn Anderson
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers center Jenn Anderson (43)
  • Geoff:

Steve, et al, this is what really bothers me... While it certainly hel [...]

• steve:

It still boogles my mind to think hanner was going to change and be be [...]

• Cln:

Amazing. Congratulations to Tevin! [...]

• lydiaf:

Just wonderful for our football guys! Coach W and staff have really go [...]

• CRIMSON:

Geoff - you are insane to think 25 people on this site could take clon [...]

• Geoff:

So Chaz, here's my problem… I've explained this for a couple years n [...]

• iulongago:

If this kid decides to go to IU (I'm assuming he can play and at a pre [...]