Sat., May. 23, 2015
Fri., May. 22, 2015
Wed., May. 20, 2015
Sun., Apr. 26, 2015
Fri., Apr. 24, 2015
Fri., Apr. 24, 2015
Sat., Apr. 18, 2015
Under-8: Minnesota 43, Indiana 37. Chaplin leads all scorers with 13 points on 5-for-7 shooting, 3-for-3 from the line
Minnesota leads Indiana 43-36 with 8:55 to play. Getting hard to digest all these missed IU layups.
Under-12: Minnesota 43, Indiana 32. Sinclair with a rare break on the bench, but she’ll check back in after TO. She’s 0-for-6.
Under-12: Under-12: MINNESOTA 11, JASMINE MCGHEE 8. McGhee is 4-for-4 from the floor. IU has 6 turnovers.
Under-16: MINNESOTA 4, INDIANA 4. Jasmine McGhee has all 4 IU points.
PREGAME: It’s Senior Day here at Assembly Hall, where Indiana will honor Aulani Sinclair, Jasmine McGhee, Linda Rubene and Sasha Chaplin before the game. In case you missed this tidbit tucked away in today’s advance, Indiana is expected to petition the NCAA for a sixth year of eligibility for Chaplin, but she will be saluted today nonetheless.
Not only is it Senior Day, it’s the regular season finale for both schools. The Big Ten Tournament picture is still muddled by a four-way tie for third place. Indiana will likely play the fifth seed team in the late game on March 7.
While we await tip-off, here are some pre-game nuggets to tide you over. They’re courtesy of the IU media relations staff and women’s SID Ryan Sheets, who deserves a hearty thank you for his help this season.
Here you go:
• Indiana set a new school record by connecting on 13 3-point field goals at Iowa on Thursday night.
• Sinclair tied her career high with seven made 3-pointers at Iowa and in the process broke the school record for most 3-pointers in a single season as she has made 72 so far this year.
• Sinclair is now in 18th place on IU’s all-time career scoring list with 1,131 points, is alone in third for career 3-pointers made (183) and is on pace to break the school record for career 3-point field goal percentage.
• In her last three games, senior Jasmine McGhee has averaged 22.3 points while shooting 58.7 percent (27-of-46) from the field and 42.1 percent (8-of-19) from beyond the arc.
• Freshman Nicole Bell scored in double figures for the seventh time this season at Iowa with 12 points while shooting 4-of-8 from the field including 3-of-6 from beyond the arc.
To the comment regarding the former HC "coaching at the highest level" [...]
oops... There was only one Baryshnikov of the hardwood.… [...]
There was only one Baryshnikov of the [...]
Not sure I follow your point SW...Other than players that sit out trad [...]
The severely wrong I was referring to was not the starters that left b [...]
Lexie Brown, PG, U of MD, who took them to final 4 twice and Kaila Dav [...]
Be careful what you wish for, Podumpster of Trollington... [...]