Burke named AP Player of the Year, Oladipo finishes third in voting

Michigan point guard Trey Burke won the Associated Press Player of the Year Award, earning 31 of the 65 first-place votes. Georgetown’s Otto Porter finished second with 16 first-place votes. Indiana junior guard Victor Oladipo was third with 10.

• Geoff says:

Crean needs to do a much better job developing players… What a back slide for Dipo. I remember him winning this award his freshman year, and then coming in 2nd last year… Now 3rd!!?? It’s a complete injustice what Crean has done to his game.

Now for reals…. Congrats Dipo on a great season and career. Good luck with the Wooden and Naismith Awards.

• Rasputin says:

Crean needs to do a much better job developing players … What a back slide for Cody Zeller. I remember him being voted No. 1 Pre-Season Player of the Year at the beginning of the season. And now… It’s a complete injustice what Crean has done to his game. Without Zeller it would be another twenty loss season and Oladipo would struggle like he did in the first two years.

Now for reals… Congrats to Zeller for coming here for Indiana and not for Crean (actually in spite of Crean being here). The fact remains that Crean is the most clueless clown in all college basketball.

• Hoosier Clarion says:

2 B2B “16”‘s with 3 Seniors who would not be recruited by IU for 2012-2013 and beyond. Clueless?

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

What about big Mitch?

• Rasputin says:

The real fact is that even the best coaches in college basketball go years without championships or even sweet sixteens. Roy Williams and Bill Self aren’t being fired this year for not winning it all. Jim Boheim, from 04 to 08, had two first round exits and two NITs, and he’s still around. I love Clown Crean and believe in him, when its all said and done.

Also, I’m on lithium and I crap the bed at night. Bear with me.

• Hoosier Clarion says:

I’ll also add a B1G C. Actually you are crapping on here and aren’t coherent enough to know it.

• Rico Chet says:

Yeah Clarion, if you say so. I never take you seriously, unless what you write is 100 characters, or more. Which more times then not you don’t. I suggest you tend to your arthritis eaten fingers.

• Rico Chet says:

Just call me Dr Rico Clarion. Now if you excuse me, I have patients who have insurance, waiting…

• Geoff says:

Who is going to win tonight?

Do people have a preference?

I’m routing for WSU and Michigan, with UM to win it all and rep the B1G.

I also think that Cal is taking the Ware thing a bit far… Really milking the attention. Also very convenient how the UL is capitalizing on his injury and he won’t get a dime. (Hopefully they’re smart enough to donate all the T-shirt sales to some children’s health cause)

Anyway, Go Big Ten.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

What goods will you be routing to Michigan? Lobsters?

• Podunker says:

First Michigan will rout Syracuse to show Tommy “Naismith” Crean how you deal with a zone. In fact I see Boeheim going after Jeff Meyer at the end of the game and yelling at him: “You destroyed our program, dude, you horrible person!” The Boeheim will fight Bellein for who cuts the nets and after a short game of paper rock scissors they will agree each on one basket. Then tomorrow Louisville will rout Michigan to win it all, demonstrating once and for all that Tom Crean deserves the title of best coach ever.

• Geoff says:

Uh, is someone imitating Po? Doesn’t sound like a Podunker response… Maybe I’m wrong.

Nope I’ll route some wild Maine blueberries their way. Much easier to pick out in the yard… I think they’re blueberries. I won’t send any to the Hoosiers…

• Hammer says:

WHa Wha Wha– Good job Crean! It was evident they played Zeller tighter than ever and collapsed on him. Then the boys just didnt hit their shots to pull them back off! But lets blame Crean and the rest of the staff goes with him? Wow some people always blame the coaches– even though the kids really play the game! I guess the last three years were fun for those cause Crean didn’t have squat and they could continually blame him! Go root for someone else losers!

• Ron says:

Gave up picking blueberries/blackberries. Always ran into chiggers (sp?) Not worth the itch.

Hospital in Florida, 1976. Old farmer from Indiana spending his first winter south. Unknowingly allergic to nigh-blooming jasmine. Went into CHF. Put him on a ventilator for 72 hours and he came out of it. Told the Doc he felt like chiggers were all over him. Doc (from Spain) said he would take care of that. Told me to stay with patient, he would be back. 10 minutes later he called me – “how do you spell chiggers?” He was on phone with his med school instructor in Spain trying to determine how to treat chiggers.

Patient discharged to winter home, back in two days, same treatment with ventilator. Last discharge, wife put him in the car and headed back to Indy.

• Ron says:

I think Hammer just nailed it. Good Job Hammer

• Jeremy Price says:

Yeah, imposter. Becoming a regular thing around here.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

You could always go a different root and plant some routabaga in the backyard…Hee-hee.

Though I’ve blabbered extensively about McGary and the rest my NW Indiana blue collar boys on Meatchicken(courtesy: Hoosier Clarion), I do believe Syracuse will be taking home the banner.

Prove me wrong, Mitch. Prove them all wrong. Show them all what a small town Indiana hick can do.

• Podunker says:

#11 is not my post. Looks like the chicken sh!t Harvard is deploying his cowardly tactics again. Be careful little boy, you may get sent to the principal’s office or kicked out of school altogether.

• Podunker says:

I’ve been on the fence about having a secured log-in site, but given the trolls’ and cowards’ tactics of trying to imitate other posters, myself included, it’s clear that there are a few people (or perhaps one person with multiple personalities) without any integrity, and that the system needs to be changed/upgraded. Either that, or Dustin and his colleagues can always spend their time determining who the imitators are and then ban them from the site. Imitating other posters is degrading this site. If left unchecked, there will be little or no legitimate discussion/debate about IU sports. Pretty soon, all you’re going to see is Harvard, using a variety of other screen names, posting increasingly deranged and delusional comments to himself.

• Jeremy Price says:

Podunker,
    Cool your jets, Harvard is not the one being the imposter. We’re doing our best, but you’re right, it’s already hampering legitimate discussion and eating up too much of our time.

• Podunker says:

To all the readers of the Hoosier Scoop, I offer my sincere apologies to the person who posts under the screen name Harvard for Hillbillies for incorrectly assuming he was posting under my screen name. Harvard, I apologize. It appears someone was also posting comments while imitating you, as well.

We can all go at each other, debate and/or criticize each other’s comments vigorously (within the rules of the blog), but using another person’s screen name is low down scum-bag stuff.

Jeremy, thanks for the clarification. Sorry you had to be bothered with this crap. But it’s all the more reason to put a stop to this behavior.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

Jeremy-

Thanks.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

Fun piece on McGary in SB Nation.

Look, I don’t know who out there is texting sportswriters posing as an NBA GM, but just for the record: Mitch McGary would be insane not to leave school this year. He’s a lottery pick now, and depending on what happens Monday night, he could go as high as top 5. He’s probably the most athletic big man in the country, it’s a weak draft, and over the past four days he’s been compared to David Lee and Kevin Love. (Because he’s white, you see.)

Did you see him against Syracuse? Against the same murderous zone that made potential top-5 pick Cody Zeller look like the most overrated prospect in decades, McGary was the best player on the floor and nearly had a triple double.

Best case he’s another Greg Monroe or Kevin Love, worst case he’s Tyler Hansbrough. In a weak draft after dominating the NCAA tournament? It’s kinda impossible to imagine Big Mitch going any lower than no. 10(courtesy:SB Nation).

Such incredible foresight from Harvard…Gosh, if only all these experts would have been reading Scoop.
    I probably would have been featured on the pregame tonight.

• Ron says:

See the interview with Mcgary where. when asked why he was not interested in IU who was recruiting him, he said he did not want to compete with CWat and CZ for playing time?

He would have made the difference this year.

• Chet says:

You never know how those dynamics would have worked out. He might have been Hanner in a different setting. Or Hakeem. Who knows?

I can’t help but notice how my comment from a while back that Cody wasn’t the next Larry Bird, which was continually reposted ad nauseum ridiculing my assessment, hasn’t been reposted in quite some time.

Comments are closed.

Merchandise

Hoosier Sports Report is live!

Who will be IU's starting quarterback this fall?

• Hoosier Clarion:

...and my thoughts are a mirror to yours with those same names...it is [...]

• Mike Miller:

HC, yeah, me too. I've had some folks go out of their way to talk abou [...]

• Hoosier Clarion:

I agree with Lindy's about RB Cole Gest. [...]

• I U South:

I see that I will be selling some my tickets to these preseason games, [...]

• t:

What a great strategy to balance out wins with losses baring an upset [...]

• vesuvius13:

I should have said Nebraska's defense wasn't as bad - I tend to leave [...]

• vesuvius13:

One thing I don't get is how they rate Nebraska moving up so much whil [...]