Report: Buckley has shown interest in Florida Gulf Coast job

6 comments by   |   Monday, April 8, 2013 - 6:10 pm EDT

Indiana associate head coach Tim Buckley is one of a long list of coaches who have shown interest either directly or through an emissary or recommendation in the vacant Florida Gulf Coast head coaching job, according to this report in the Fort Myers News-Press.

The News-Press also cited North Carolina State associate head coach Bobby Lutz and Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans among several others.

No. 15 seed Florida Gulf Coast advanced to the Sweet 16 this season with upsets of No. 2 seed Georgetown and No. 7 seed San Diego State. Shortly after the Eagles were defeated by Florida in the round of 16, coach Andy Enfield was hired by Southern California.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

2015 target Juwan Morgan moves his visit to this weekend
Hoosier Hysteria set for Oct. 25
IU basketball releases full non-conference schedule
When Max Hoetzel was a Globetrotter, albeit the tiniest one
IU makes Emmitt Holt signing official
Rico Chet
Monday, April 8, 2013 - 11:05 PM EDT

I wish Harvard would take this job. Would eliminate Baloo the Dancing Bear from here!

Gunner
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 1:17 AM EDT

Now that the tournament is over I can finally come to and make a comment as to my thoughts with this years team. This is my first comment since the loss at home to Ohio St. I’m still a noob to this site at putting in my two cents but have read all of your great comments for some time. I remember at some point Harvard making light to too many y’s (jordy, cody, yogi- y sounding) in the team and that being somewhat of the reason that lead to this team being a little soft. Well I have a different conspiracy. It all has to do with syllables. Look at a team in the Michigan Wolverines, (trey-1) burke, (mitch-1) mcgary, (tim-1)hardaway jr., (glen-1) robinson jr, (nik-1) staukas, (jon-1) horford, (spike-1) albreicht. The Hoosiers as all of you great fans know had zero one syllable first name players in the starting line up, which is precisely why I believe next years team makes a deeper run in the tournament (will-1) sheehey.

Punjab
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 3:08 AM EDT

I am by no means celebrating the (possible) departure of Buckley or any of our coaches– I think they’ve all done a fine job– but I’ve been around just long to begin to understand the nature of the business. Some people move up. Some down. Some just move out. Then others have to move in. But whoever the next assistant to leave might be, I can’t help but wonder how high a priority it will be to get a replacement that can help develop our big guys.

Rico Chet
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:13 AM EDT

Ok, time to come clean. As you know, I have stolen many names around here such as Chet, Harvard for Hillbillies, Geoff, coachv, Hoosier Clarion, and Laffy. I have also been known as Lou Chet, Joe, Lonnie, Rico Ron. The rest are not me.

Rico Chet wasn’t me either. I just happened to pick up that name too. I have no idea who started it. I am sure he is lurking around here somewhere. I can’t guarantee obviously someone won’t pick these names up again, but I am giving them up. Time to to move on, and mature a bit. Besides, you all caught on, and don’t have the meltdowns anymore. I am sure Dustin or Jeremy could tell you if it was me or not, if these names start again.

I am sorry for the trouble I caused. You should see less hijacking of names from now on. From the last time from me at least,

Rico Chet

Rico Chet from Post 4
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:47 AM EDT

I also stole Dustin Dopirak twice on here. Also had the names of Horselips Chet, and Thunderlips Chet. Those just came to mind.

remote control watermelon
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 11:08 AM EDT

^ Funny how a simple question about one’s childhood can generate such an outpour.

Comments

• Field Hockey. Heilman Named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week - Senior Audra Heilman was named the Big Ten Field Hockey Offensive Player of the Week, the conference announced today. This is the third time the senior has received this
  • M. Soccer. Webb Named B1G Defensive Player of the Week - Indiana University sophomore goalkeeper Colin Webb was named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week, the conference office announced
  • Oladipo declares for the NBA - Indiana junior Victor Oladipo this afternoon announced he will be going to the NBA. IU coach Tom Crean
  • Video: Victor Oladipo headed to NBA - Earlier this afternoon Indiana junior Victor Oladipo joined head coach Tom Crean at Assembly Hall to
  • Juwan Morgan moves up official visit to Indiana -

Class of 2015 Waynesville (Mo.) forward Juwan Morgan, who had been scheduled to take an official visit to Bloomington later this month, has moved his visit up to this weekend.

• A closer look at Indiana’s non-conference schedule -

In case you missed it, Indiana announced its entire 2014-2015 schedule on Friday evening, including its 13-game non-conference slate. Now that we know each opponent, here’s a

• VIDEO: Emmitt Holt talks joining Indiana - Emmitt Holt, a late signee for Indiana in the 2014 class, talks about joining IU in this
  • Juwan Morgan moves up official visit to IU - 2015 forward Juwan Morgan has moved up his official visit to Indiana to this weekend. Read more
  • Juwan Morgan Reconfigures His Visit Schedule