Report: Buckley has shown interest in Florida Gulf Coast job

6 comments by   |   Monday, April 8, 2013 - 6:10 pm EDT

Indiana associate head coach Tim Buckley is one of a long list of coaches who have shown interest either directly or through an emissary or recommendation in the vacant Florida Gulf Coast head coaching job, according to this report in the Fort Myers News-Press.

The News-Press also cited North Carolina State associate head coach Bobby Lutz and Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans among several others.

No. 15 seed Florida Gulf Coast advanced to the Sweet 16 this season with upsets of No. 2 seed Georgetown and No. 7 seed San Diego State. Shortly after the Eagles were defeated by Florida in the round of 16, coach Andy Enfield was hired by Southern California.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Ferrell, Robinson enter pretrial diversion program
Mosquera-Perea reaches plea agreement for OWI arrest
CBS to carry a pair of Indiana basketball games #iubb
Big Ten Network to broadcast 17 Indiana basketball games
Guyton writes open letter to Knight, asks him to return to IU
Rico Chet
Monday, April 8, 2013 - 11:05 PM EDT

I wish Harvard would take this job. Would eliminate Baloo the Dancing Bear from here!

Gunner
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 1:17 AM EDT

Now that the tournament is over I can finally come to and make a comment as to my thoughts with this years team. This is my first comment since the loss at home to Ohio St. I’m still a noob to this site at putting in my two cents but have read all of your great comments for some time. I remember at some point Harvard making light to too many y’s (jordy, cody, yogi- y sounding) in the team and that being somewhat of the reason that lead to this team being a little soft. Well I have a different conspiracy. It all has to do with syllables. Look at a team in the Michigan Wolverines, (trey-1) burke, (mitch-1) mcgary, (tim-1)hardaway jr., (glen-1) robinson jr, (nik-1) staukas, (jon-1) horford, (spike-1) albreicht. The Hoosiers as all of you great fans know had zero one syllable first name players in the starting line up, which is precisely why I believe next years team makes a deeper run in the tournament (will-1) sheehey.

Punjab
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 3:08 AM EDT

I am by no means celebrating the (possible) departure of Buckley or any of our coaches– I think they’ve all done a fine job– but I’ve been around just long to begin to understand the nature of the business. Some people move up. Some down. Some just move out. Then others have to move in. But whoever the next assistant to leave might be, I can’t help but wonder how high a priority it will be to get a replacement that can help develop our big guys.

Rico Chet
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:13 AM EDT

Ok, time to come clean. As you know, I have stolen many names around here such as Chet, Harvard for Hillbillies, Geoff, coachv, Hoosier Clarion, and Laffy. I have also been known as Lou Chet, Joe, Lonnie, Rico Ron. The rest are not me.

Rico Chet wasn’t me either. I just happened to pick up that name too. I have no idea who started it. I am sure he is lurking around here somewhere. I can’t guarantee obviously someone won’t pick these names up again, but I am giving them up. Time to to move on, and mature a bit. Besides, you all caught on, and don’t have the meltdowns anymore. I am sure Dustin or Jeremy could tell you if it was me or not, if these names start again.

I am sorry for the trouble I caused. You should see less hijacking of names from now on. From the last time from me at least,

Rico Chet

Rico Chet from Post 4
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:47 AM EDT

I also stole Dustin Dopirak twice on here. Also had the names of Horselips Chet, and Thunderlips Chet. Those just came to mind.

remote control watermelon
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 11:08 AM EDT

^ Funny how a simple question about one’s childhood can generate such an outpour.

Comments

• Field Hockey. Hoosiers Return Home Against #15 Michigan/#4 Duke - The Indiana field hockey team looks to return to its winning ways this weekend as the Hoosiers host No. 15 Michigan and No. 4
  • W. Volleyball. Hoosiers Travel to Maryland, Rutgers - IU will take on Maryland and Rutgers for first time as conference opponents as they battle Maryland on Friday and Rutgers on
  • Irwin having huge senior season - Trent Irwin already has about 850 receiving yards and seven touchdowns in his senior season and he deals with double teams all the
  • Latham's improvement accelerates - Billed as one of Kevin Wilson's biggest recruiting prizes two years ago, defensive tackle Darius
  • Roundup: Former Hoosiers start NBA training camp -

Opening night of the NBA season is less than a month away and training camps have opened across the league this week along with media day events taking place. Here’s a

• 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Nebraska Cornhuskers -

With the start of college basketball season on the horizon, we’ll be taking a long look at the conference at large as well as Indiana’s roster over the next month. Today,

• WATCH: Canada Highlights of Ferrell, Davis - Indiana completed its foreign trip to Canada in August. Watch highlights of Yogi Ferrell and Devin Davis
  • NBA Daily Cheat Sheet: September 30 - Everything you need to know about the New Orleans
  • THE HATER'S TRAVEL GUIDE: NORTH TEXAS