Report: Buckley has shown interest in Florida Gulf Coast job

6 comments by   |   Monday, April 8, 2013 - 6:10 pm EDT

Indiana associate head coach Tim Buckley is one of a long list of coaches who have shown interest either directly or through an emissary or recommendation in the vacant Florida Gulf Coast head coaching job, according to this report in the Fort Myers News-Press.

The News-Press also cited North Carolina State associate head coach Bobby Lutz and Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans among several others.

No. 15 seed Florida Gulf Coast advanced to the Sweet 16 this season with upsets of No. 2 seed Georgetown and No. 7 seed San Diego State. Shortly after the Eagles were defeated by Florida in the round of 16, coach Andy Enfield was hired by Southern California.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Video: Future Hoosiers at Derby Festival Classic
ScoopTalk: Indiana gets a big man
Hoetzel, Johnson take shot at Derby Festival Classic
Arizona center commits to Indiana
Etherington posts that he will transfer to Butler
Rico Chet
Monday, April 8, 2013 - 11:05 PM EDT

I wish Harvard would take this job. Would eliminate Baloo the Dancing Bear from here!

Gunner
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 1:17 AM EDT

Now that the tournament is over I can finally come to and make a comment as to my thoughts with this years team. This is my first comment since the loss at home to Ohio St. I’m still a noob to this site at putting in my two cents but have read all of your great comments for some time. I remember at some point Harvard making light to too many y’s (jordy, cody, yogi- y sounding) in the team and that being somewhat of the reason that lead to this team being a little soft. Well I have a different conspiracy. It all has to do with syllables. Look at a team in the Michigan Wolverines, (trey-1) burke, (mitch-1) mcgary, (tim-1)hardaway jr., (glen-1) robinson jr, (nik-1) staukas, (jon-1) horford, (spike-1) albreicht. The Hoosiers as all of you great fans know had zero one syllable first name players in the starting line up, which is precisely why I believe next years team makes a deeper run in the tournament (will-1) sheehey.

Punjab
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 3:08 AM EDT

I am by no means celebrating the (possible) departure of Buckley or any of our coaches– I think they’ve all done a fine job– but I’ve been around just long to begin to understand the nature of the business. Some people move up. Some down. Some just move out. Then others have to move in. But whoever the next assistant to leave might be, I can’t help but wonder how high a priority it will be to get a replacement that can help develop our big guys.

Rico Chet
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:13 AM EDT

Ok, time to come clean. As you know, I have stolen many names around here such as Chet, Harvard for Hillbillies, Geoff, coachv, Hoosier Clarion, and Laffy. I have also been known as Lou Chet, Joe, Lonnie, Rico Ron. The rest are not me.

Rico Chet wasn’t me either. I just happened to pick up that name too. I have no idea who started it. I am sure he is lurking around here somewhere. I can’t guarantee obviously someone won’t pick these names up again, but I am giving them up. Time to to move on, and mature a bit. Besides, you all caught on, and don’t have the meltdowns anymore. I am sure Dustin or Jeremy could tell you if it was me or not, if these names start again.

I am sorry for the trouble I caused. You should see less hijacking of names from now on. From the last time from me at least,

Rico Chet

Rico Chet from Post 4
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:47 AM EDT

I also stole Dustin Dopirak twice on here. Also had the names of Horselips Chet, and Thunderlips Chet. Those just came to mind.

remote control watermelon
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 11:08 AM EDT

^ Funny how a simple question about one’s childhood can generate such an outpour.

Comments

• Baseball. DeNato Dominates, No. 18 Indiana Blanks Michigan State, 7-0 - Joey DeNato threw eight scoreless innings as the Indiana baseball team (23-11, 9-1 Big Ten) rolled to its seventh straight conference victory and its 11th win in 12 games, 7-0,
  • M. Tennis. Hoosiers Fall at Michigan - The No. 59 Indiana men's tennis team fell 5-2 on the road at Michigan on Friday. They conclude the regular season Sunday at Michigan
  • Jeremiah April commits to IU - Jeremiah April, a 7-foot, 230-pound center from Westwind Preparatory Academy in Glendale, Ariz., committed to IU Friday evening. Verbal Commits ranks his as a two-star prospect. I
  • Black Key Bulls, Teter capture Spring Series - Black Key Bulls and Teter captured the men’s and women’s white jerseys, respectively in dominating fashion Saturday, winning in Team Pursuit. In the men’s finals, Black Key
  • All-Star recap: IU signees - Indiana's three early period signees were in action in two different all-star games on Friday night.
  • Breakdown: 7-footer Jeremiah April - So who is Jeremiah April? Peegs.com spoke to his prep school coach, his mom and others to get a
  • Photo Gallery: Derby Festival Basketball Classic -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Check out 30 photos by Jamie Owens from Friday’s Derby Festival Basketball Classic at Freedom Hall featuring IU signees Max Hoetzel and Robert

• Video: Hoetzel, Johnson talk Derby Festival Basketball Classic -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Future Indiana teammates Max Hoetzel and Robert Johnson were teammates in Friday’s 2014 Derby Festival Basketball Classic at Freedom Hall, falling

• IU Insider Blog: April a big commit - Jeremiah April filled a need for Indiana Friday when the 7-foot center gave Tom Crean his commitment. Here is why I think on paper April's commitment has a chance to be much
  • Blackmon scores 23 in Jordan Brand Classic - Indiana signee James Blackmon Jr. was very impressive Friday night in
  • The Thursday Thinker