Report: Buckley has shown interest in Florida Gulf Coast job

6 comments by   |   Monday, April 8, 2013 - 6:10 pm EDT

Indiana associate head coach Tim Buckley is one of a long list of coaches who have shown interest either directly or through an emissary or recommendation in the vacant Florida Gulf Coast head coaching job, according to this report in the Fort Myers News-Press.

The News-Press also cited North Carolina State associate head coach Bobby Lutz and Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans among several others.

No. 15 seed Florida Gulf Coast advanced to the Sweet 16 this season with upsets of No. 2 seed Georgetown and No. 7 seed San Diego State. Shortly after the Eagles were defeated by Florida in the round of 16, coach Andy Enfield was hired by Southern California.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball

Official statements on Kenny Johnson
Jeremy Hollowell transfers to Georgia State
Johnson leaving for Louisville
Former Indiana player Mike Woodson fired by the Knicks
Video: Future Hoosiers at Derby Festival Classic
Rico Chet
Monday, April 8, 2013 - 11:05 PM EDT

I wish Harvard would take this job. Would eliminate Baloo the Dancing Bear from here!

Gunner
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 1:17 AM EDT

Now that the tournament is over I can finally come to and make a comment as to my thoughts with this years team. This is my first comment since the loss at home to Ohio St. I’m still a noob to this site at putting in my two cents but have read all of your great comments for some time. I remember at some point Harvard making light to too many y’s (jordy, cody, yogi- y sounding) in the team and that being somewhat of the reason that lead to this team being a little soft. Well I have a different conspiracy. It all has to do with syllables. Look at a team in the Michigan Wolverines, (trey-1) burke, (mitch-1) mcgary, (tim-1)hardaway jr., (glen-1) robinson jr, (nik-1) staukas, (jon-1) horford, (spike-1) albreicht. The Hoosiers as all of you great fans know had zero one syllable first name players in the starting line up, which is precisely why I believe next years team makes a deeper run in the tournament (will-1) sheehey.

Punjab
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 3:08 AM EDT

I am by no means celebrating the (possible) departure of Buckley or any of our coaches– I think they’ve all done a fine job– but I’ve been around just long to begin to understand the nature of the business. Some people move up. Some down. Some just move out. Then others have to move in. But whoever the next assistant to leave might be, I can’t help but wonder how high a priority it will be to get a replacement that can help develop our big guys.

Rico Chet
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:13 AM EDT

Ok, time to come clean. As you know, I have stolen many names around here such as Chet, Harvard for Hillbillies, Geoff, coachv, Hoosier Clarion, and Laffy. I have also been known as Lou Chet, Joe, Lonnie, Rico Ron. The rest are not me.

Rico Chet wasn’t me either. I just happened to pick up that name too. I have no idea who started it. I am sure he is lurking around here somewhere. I can’t guarantee obviously someone won’t pick these names up again, but I am giving them up. Time to to move on, and mature a bit. Besides, you all caught on, and don’t have the meltdowns anymore. I am sure Dustin or Jeremy could tell you if it was me or not, if these names start again.

I am sorry for the trouble I caused. You should see less hijacking of names from now on. From the last time from me at least,

Rico Chet

Rico Chet from Post 4
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:47 AM EDT

I also stole Dustin Dopirak twice on here. Also had the names of Horselips Chet, and Thunderlips Chet. Those just came to mind.

remote control watermelon
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 11:08 AM EDT

^ Funny how a simple question about one’s childhood can generate such an outpour.

Comments

• Baseball. No. 13 Indiana Blasts Ball State Behind 9-run Sixth Inning - Using a 9-run sixth inning, the 13th ranked Indiana Hoosiers defeated the Ball State Cardinals, 10-1, at Bart Kaufman Field on Wednesday night. IU has now won 14 out of its last
  • Softball. Softball Tops Louisville, 8-3 - The Indiana softball team combined a flawless defense with effective pitching and a solid effort at the plate to secure an 8-3 win over visiting Louisville at Andy Mohr Field. The
  • Report: Hollowell to transfer to Georgia State - Sophomore forward Jeremy Hollowell, who announced his intent to transfer from IU on March 24, has committed play his final two seasons of college basketball at Georgia State, CBS
  • Jeremiah April commits to IU - Jeremiah April, a 7-foot, 230-pound center from Westwind Preparatory Academy in Glendale, Ariz., committed to IU Friday evening. Verbal Commits ranks his as a two-star prospect. I
  • Big inning powers Indiana to another victory - Nine runs in the sixth inning, five off the bat of catcher Brad Hartong, broke open 1-1 tie to power
  • Crean comments on Johnson's departure - Indiana coach Tom Crean issued a statement earlier today on the departure of assistant Kenny
  • Video: Kenny Johnson introduced at Louisville -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Former Indiana assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Kenny Johnson was introduced as a member of Rick Pitino’s coaching staff at the

• Jeremy Hollowell transferring to Georgia State -

Former Indiana forward Jeremy Hollowell will finish his collegiate career at Georgia State. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports and a source close to

• VIDEO: Johnson meets the Louisville media - Former Indiana assistant Kenny Johnson had plenty of positive things to say about IU on Wednesday when he met with the Louisville
  • Official statement on Kenny Johnson departure - Here's what Indiana coach Tom Crean had to say about losing his assistant coach to
  • Foreign Study: Hoosiers in Pro Leagues Overseas