Much has changed since in James Blackmon Jr.’s recruitment since last unofficial visit to Indiana, but the Marion guard said it didn’t feel any different when he visited Bloomington on Friday night.
“It went really well,” Blackmon said. “I just came down to spend some time with the players and the coaches. … It’s been the same relationship, really. They’re still recruiting me, they’re still showing interest.”
Of course, the difference now is that Blackmon is showing interest in other schools. The Class of 2014′s No. 33 recruit had been committed to Indiana since September of 2010 before his freshman year at Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, but de-committed earlier this month just three months before signing day. Since his de-commitment, he’s picked up about 20 scholarship offers and has begun planning visits to other schools.
Still Blackmon said he maintains a good relationship with IU coach Tom Crean, and that nothing seemed different when he shot around with some of IU’s current players during his trip.
“It was really a good time,” Blackmon Jr. said. “I felt comfortable.”
He said none of the players even asked what made him re-open his recruitment
It was important, Blackmon said, for him to visit Indiana first again before going on visits to other schools. He has an unofficial visit scheduled for Michigan State on Sunday, Kentucky on Aug. 29 and Louisville on Aug. 30. He isn’t entirely certain what he’ll do from there and may or may not take all five of his official visits before making a decision.
“I really don’t have a time limit on that,” he said.