Wilson on special teams, strategic gambles and injuries

Kevin Wilson was somewhat defensive of his defense’s play after last week’s loss to Navy, but he was significantly less forgiving of his squad’s special teams’ woes so far in the first three weeks.

Bowling Green’s only touchdown in Indiana’s 42-10 win on Saturday came via punt block and return, and the Hoosiers were lucky not to have a second one blocked, instead getting a roughing the kicker penalty that helped Indiana drive all the way to the Bowling Green 1-yard line. Indiana also lost the ball on a fumbled kickoff for the second time,

“This defense has given up, on your stat paper that you look at, 28.7 points (per game), you take the pick six, the fumbled kickoff return they scooped and scored and the punt block, that’s 21 points in three games,” Wilson said. “That’s seven points (per game) so that’s 21 points. As a team, we’re giving up 21 points a game, not as a defense. Those areas of the kicking game are going to haunt us this week playing a tremendous team from Missouri and getting into Big Ten play. Returns have to get better. We’re not getting much out of kickoff return at all.”

The punting issues were particularly concerning.

“Execution,” Wilson said. “Bottom line, assignments that were one, they came into an attack block look. We were kind of in our spread trying to down it. I don’t think we had prepared our guys properly. The second one, we had a guy get beat in his protection. It’s something we work on daily. But it needs to be better. Bottom line, those people need to do their jobs or we need to look at new people or look at new schemes. If they get their hand on the second one, it’s not a roughing call. It was potentially two blocked punts, so we have to get that cleaned up.”

– Wilson has made a list of risky calls in the last two games, including six attempts at fourth-and-short and three onside kicks, two of which came long before the end of the game. The Hoosiers made two fourth-down attempts last week against Navy, but were 0-for-3 on 4th down on Saturday against Bowling Green. None of the Hoosiers’ onside kick attempts ended up in their hands. Wilson was asked about his calculations at making such risks, and said he thinks its important for IU to be aggressive.

“It’s not a gamble as much as this is what you think is going to work and your players need to go execute it,” Wilson said. “And you know what? Sometimes they don’t. And it’s nothing against them when they don’t. You’re sitting there looking at, ‘Here’s where it is, here’s what you do, go do it.’ It’s not being foolish. For us to do well, we’ve gotta be smart as we are aggressive. We can’t sit and wait and hope. That’s what Tiger Woods does. He’s not hoping the guy misses the putt. ‘He’s gonna make it, I’m gonna make it.’ That onside kick, we’re gonna go for it. Sometimes there’s a lip-out, but there’s as many lip-ins as lip-outs. There’s as many good bounces as bad bounces. We’re not gonna be stupid, we’re gonna be aggressive in what we’re doing, but there’s also a calculation.”

– Wilson said right tackle Peyton Eckert has been back to practice with his back injury, but there’s still an issue with wear and tear, plus backup Ralston Evans has made it difficult to win his job back. Left guard Bernard Taylor is still, “gimping around,” with his ankle injury, Wilson said. Defensive tackle Alex Todd (stinger) returned to practice Sunday night, but he has missed close to three weeks and may not be available for Saturday’s game against Missouri.

• davis #1

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 6:53 PM EST

I’ve changed my mind 180 degrees on the fourth down calls and the onside kicks- if IU does really work on an onside kick drill religiously. The stats back up Wilson.

• Austin #2

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 7:32 PM EST

Personally, I love the aggressive nature of Wilson. I can’t blame him a bit for going for it on 4th down, especially the BG game. They were moving the ball very well up until the 1 yard line…if you can’t get one lousy yard, then that’s simply poor execution. Of course, Tre fumbled the snap on the second one..if he handles it clean, then it could have very well been six more points.

I remember sitting in the stands during the Lynch era and wondering why in the world he didn’t try going for it more often or attempting on onside kick every once in a while. Aggressiveness is what this team has lacked forever, but now we have a coach that brings an entirely different philosophy and I commend him for it.

• Keith #3

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 7:40 PM EST

I love CKW standing up for his guys. This is why this team will do anything he asks of them. The onside kicks worked, guys just weren’t able to execute and possess the ball. Against Navy, DeAngelo Roberts had two shots at recovering the ball before it went out of bounds. (check the tape) Against Bowling Green, Nick Stoner caught the ball, but his foot was about two inches into the sideline. Tough breaks, but with better execution IU has two more possessions.
    Let me attempt to translate CKW’s coachspeak. If you armchair play callers don’t like the on side kicks too damned bad. We will keep taking chances when we see the opportunity. Love this Coach. Go Hoosiers!!!

• davis #4

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:11 PM EST

Keith, I think you’ve rendered a distillation (accurate) rather than a translation, but I appreciate your effort. At least Yogi Berra’s gaffes made grammatical sense. If you really want a brain-teaser, skip the sudoku puzzle and try diagramming some of Wilsons bon mots.

• davis #5

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:23 PM EST

Stole these stats from a Missouri web-site. The numbers in parentheses is NCAA ranking

CATEGORY MIZZOU (2-0) INDIANA (2-1)
    Total Offense 539 (T-17) 571.3 (8)
    Rushing Offense 265 (19) 232.3 (33)
    Passing Offense 274 (40) 339 (11)
    Team Pass Effi c. 151.09 (34) 185.89 (11)
    Scoring Offense 48 (10) 50 (6)
    Total Defense 342 (43) 410 (77)
    Rushing Defense 124 (39) 237 (108)
    Passing Yds. Allowed 218 (60) 173 (24)
    Team Pass Effi c. Def. 104.41 (25) 103.97 (24)
    Scoring Defense 18.5 (T-34) 28.7 (T-82)
    Turnover Margin 2 (T-4) -0.7 (T-99)
    3rd Down Conv. Pct 0.645 (5) 0.581 (13)
    4th Down Conv. Pct 0.5 (T-44) 0.375 (76)
    3rd Conv Pct.Def. 0.4 (T-70) 0.319 (31)
    Red Zone Offense 0.818 (T-72) 0.737 (99)
    Red Zone Defense 0.833 (T-58) 0.692 (T-27)
    Net Punting 34.43 (92) 22 (123)
    Punt Returns 4.63 (93) 22.5 (9)
    Kickoff Returns 21(71) 18.18 (104)
    First Downs Offense 56 (T-68) 79 (11)
    First Downs Defense 33 (7) 66 (T-100)
    Fewest Penalties / Gm. 3 (T-11) 6 (T-62)
    Time of Possession 31 (43) 26 (108)

Given that IU is 123d in the NCAA in net punting, I’d say less of that is more good.

• davis #6

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:27 PM EST

Oops. Numbers in parentheses are (not is) NCAA rankings. If IU could get its scoring defense above #50/NCAA, that’s a couple more wins right there.

• Keith #7

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 7:16 AM EST

Davis,
    While I can appreciate your classless and back-handed attempt to insult my previous post. I do take issue with your attempts to demonstrate your perceived superior intellect.
    Many who post here care less about grammatical errors, as we merely wish to express opinions on topics of discussion. I firmly believe you’d have the uninitiated view you as the only person to ever hold a post graduate degree, or even pass the bar. Let’s strike a bargain shall we. When you produce your MENSA card, I’ll acknowledge your superior intelligence. However, my level of respect for you shall be low in perpetuity. GO HOOSIERS!!

• WaltD #8

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 8:15 AM EST

I love CKW’s risk-taking. It’s reasonable. It demonstrates too his positive “can do” attitude plus his trust and support in his players. You can see it’s already appreciated by his players this year. It will pay off. Such trust and support will be reflected back to him. And they will become a team that plays consistently at a level most of us never dreamed possible. Go IU!

• Hoosier Clarion #9

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 8:18 AM EST

Keith,

You are becoming 1 of my favorite contributors. I like the way you dissect the happenings of competition(post 3). I also like the way you handle a dissenting voice(post7).

• Keith #10

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:04 AM EST

Thanks HC, your thoughts are always appreciated. I truly enjoy reading everyone’s posts and examining the varying perspectives and arguments. When I discovered this site, I read the posts of others for weeks before I deciding to voice my opinions. We all have something valuable to offer to the discussion. Will we always agree, not likely. Herein lies the beauty of earnest discourse. We can disagree on issues without being disagreeable. Civility is but one hallmark of an advanced society. Good day all, as always GO IU.

• davis #11

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 10:53 AM EST

Keith, I did quibble with whether you translated or distilled what Wilson was saying (or at least seemed to be trying to say), but gee whiz, I wasn’t taking any shots at you. But I can see how my words “if you really want a brain-teaser” might have made you think that I was aiming at you. If it makes you feel any better, I should have written something such as “if anyone wants a brain-teaser.” I don’t think I’ve ever corrected anyone’s grammar on this board- except for my own (post 5). I was trying to poke fun at Wilson’s speaking style- which both of our superior intellects found ridiculous. (Hope that I’ve conveyed some sense of sarcasm here.) And don’t blame me ’cause Tsao exposed me for a lawyer; I should have never helped him beat that Ukranian palimony case years ago.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #12

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 11:12 AM EST

Reread that entire post #10(minus the first sentence thanking HC and the “GO IU” at the end) while imagining James Mason’s as its deliverer…It gets you right in the chest. It’s beautiful, man.

Or, just do Mason’s voice to the following:

I hid for weeks merely peering into the window of Scoop..The marvelous characters here were ever so tantalizing..They were haunting me. I wanted so desperately to dash right in while I mused at how I could somehow add a voice that would be worthy of such a distinguished round table of colon blockages…By the fifth week, I began to see an opening.. With the cajoling of a trusted friend my finest
    bottle of Scotch, loosening the grip those tired chains of inhibitions that can rip at a man’s primeval need to talk Hoosier sports, I mustered all the salt in the reserves and found some bravado hanging out with the water of life spinning around the perfumes of whiskey in my blood…I found a man long ago shelved in bland boxes with dusty mementos of days at Oxford…a man that could be more than voyeur in silence and twisted loneliness…a man that could talk with jockstrap comfortably and confidently exposed for prose…a man that could belong in this love jungle of eloquence and chats of men that toss balls on fields and through baskets….I thank you all for inspiring me. Finally I have withdrawn the arrow from of my heart and placed it upon the ‘Submit Comment’ to bring you Keith.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #13

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 11:43 AM EST

A lawyer “exposed”…? Is there such a thing?

• Keith #14

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:19 PM EST

No worries Davis. We’re all IU fans.

• davis #15

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 1:40 PM EST

H4H- you’d be surprised how touchy are members of the bar about the fact that not only are they socially maladapted (e.g., uncontrollable impulses to correct others’ grammar, etc.), but also that in their professional lives they (we) contribute little, if anything, constructive to society. Why wouldn’t I want to remain under my dark, smelly rock, unexposed? I should have become a sportswriter.

• davis #16

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 1:47 PM EST

Actually, my use of “etc.” following “e.g.” in the above post is redundant and another example of poor writing on this board. Even worse, I could be billing a client for the time instead of blathering on about IU football. Beat Missouri!

• TsaoTsuG #17

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 1:54 PM EST

Davis- And a hell of a lawyer at that…we walk safely through the streets thanks to the considerable balance to the scales of justice that guarantee….I….I can’t go on…my tears are making-g the key board….. slippery ….. …sorrry…..

• TsaoTsuG #18

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 1:57 PM EST

In essence…we love you Davis… wish you had been a sports writer but then imagine the suffering of Lady Justice…

• Harvard for Hillbillies #19

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 2:13 PM EST

Anymore exposure and you qualify as a streaker.

I seriously don’t remember Tsao initial undressing/exposing ofyou. The fact you bring it up again on this thread likely created the greater ‘exposure’ most would have never read or simply overlooked. It’s all good. Why not show off what nobody can see? You could be one ugly-ass lawyer, but on a website only the beauty of your endeavors is so gracefully and eloquently exposed. You could break a mirror and nobody knows.

I don’t trivialize nor pretend one profession can easily transfer to another. I don’t pretend that grammar is the only precursor to intriguing sports writing/coverage/broadcasting. Obviously an important factor..I don’t kid myself into realizing I’d need one patient editor. I also doubt I could have the determination to be constant with the homework required in keeping up with recruits and all the nonsense and obsessions surrounding that scene in this era of sports.

There are numerous differing qualities that all the HT Scoop journalists possess unique to their style. I’ve thought Dustin’s skills could easily transfer to broadcast(radio or tv)..There are those more gifted in writing than the quick-thinking, on-camera, debate style of bringing sports to the public through the visual format. Sense of humor and the ability to relate to your audience..So many facets to distinguish the many avenues each journalist can take the craft.

At the end of the day, Journalism is an art..There are many ways to express that art. And likely no different than courtroom professionals, there are those that have the “it factor” and those that live the daily and rather unglamorous grind(not that it’s of lesser value or lesser importance).

I tend to believe those stuck in the grind are more determined to get themselves exposed….Human nature.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #20

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 2:26 PM EST

And having a rather defensive instinct and condescension in labeling some as shallow seekers of trendiness because they lack your own percieved “true” substance, sorta hints to the frustrations of how some can magically escape a lot of the grind because they just have the goods.

You simply have the “goods,” Davis. We will now make it the standard to measure the passion of a Hoosier fan?

• TsaoTsuG #21

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 8:43 PM EST

Actually Harvard, Davis is right; without meaning to (and without thinking) I may have robbed some anonymity. I regretted it as soon as I read the follow-up post and realized it and was trying to figure out a way of apologizing. He is also right.

Don’t want to make it worse, but he is likable and intelligent, has a great sense of humor (sort of an understated Brit type humor), a huge Hoosier fan and a ‘real’ version of the good in the character of Chicagoans.

Thank you, nevertheless, for the support.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #22

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:11 PM EST

Build a Yacht Club and you shall have a Yacht Club. You’ll be able to pick away at your select group of “intelligent” and “finest character” as if it’s the fat your carving off your slab of Saturday night prime rib grown tasteless and regular through the repetitions of laziness in such unchallenged exclusivity. The same cooks..the same methods…the same menu…the same BS floating in the room…the same tablecloths…the same carpet from 1976…the same canned broth thought to be natural drippings from the beef on the plate. Your canned broth. My canned broth fighting for membership until realizing these men are fighting for nothing but last Saturday’s reheated special.

•   #23

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 7:57 AM EST

^ I think I read something similar somewhere a long time ago

• forthuluvuvthugame #24

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 12:12 AM EST

Did anyone catch the recent Ken Sterling article on CKW. Wow. He gives the coach some unexpected (yet deserved) props.

How many games will IU basketball win in 2014-15

• 16-19 (45%, 145 Votes)
  • 20-23 (36%, 117 Votes)
  • 15 or less (12%, 38 Votes)
  • 24 or more (7%, 24 Votes)

Total Voters: 324

IU vs UNC Greensboro men\'s basketball

Men's Basketball Player Pages

[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_blackmon1.jpg]3350James Blackmon, Jr.
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard James Blackmon Jr. (1)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_zeisloft1.jpg]2440Nick Zeisloft
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Nick Zeisloft (2)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hoetzel1.jpg]2100Max Hoetzel
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Max Hoetzel (3)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_johnson1.jpg]1830Robert Johnson
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Robert Johnson (4)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_williams1.jpg]1650Troy Williams
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Troy Williams (5)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_burton1.jpg]1580Ryan Burton
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Ryan Burton (10)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_yogi1.jpg]1500Yogi Ferrell
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Yogi Ferrell (11)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_perea1.jpg]1520Hanner Mosquera-Perea
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea (12)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_robinson1.jpg]1270Stanford Robinson
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Stanford Robinson (22)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_ritchie1.jpg]1270Nate Ritchie
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Nate Ritchie (23)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_holt1.jpg]1440Emmitt Holt
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Emmitt Holt (25)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hartman1.jpg]1470Collin Hartman
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Collin Hartman (30)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_priller1.jpg]1740Tim Priller
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Tim Priller (35)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/mens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_april1.jpg]1810Jeremiah April
Chris Howell | Herald-Times Indiana University Men's Basketball head shots in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers center Jeremiah April (44)

Women's Basketball Player Pages

[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_walter1.jpg]1590Jess Walter
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Jess Walter (2)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_buss1.jpg]3870Tyra Buss
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Tyra Buss (3)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_brooks1.jpg]1970Larryn Brooks
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Larryn Brooks (5)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_agler1.jpg]1830Taylor Agler
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Taylor Agler (10)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_bell2.jpg]1410Nicole Bell
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Nicole Bell (12)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_stratman1.jpg]1410Liz Stratman
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_hulls1.jpg]1440Kaila Hulls
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard/forward Kaila Hulls (15)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_mcbride1.jpg]1290Karlee McBride
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Karlee McBride (21)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_gassion1.jpg]1290Alexis Gassion
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Alexis Gassion (23)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_muensterman1.jpg]1050Maura Meunsterman
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Maura Muensterman (31)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_mize1.jpg]1130Andrea Mize
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers guard Andrea Mize (32)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_cahill1.jpg]1210Amanda Cahill
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Amanda Cahill (33)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_jakubicek1.jpg]1280Claire Jakubicek
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Claire Jakubicek (34)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_leikem1.jpg]1130Lyndsay Leikem
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers forward Lyndsay Leikem (40)
[img src=http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/wp-content/flagallery/womens-basketball-player-pages/thumbs/thumbs_anderson1.jpg]1130Jenn Anderson
Chris Howell | Herald-TimesIndiana University women's basketball portraits at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., Thursday, October 23, 2014.Indiana Hoosiers center Jenn Anderson (43)
  • Harvard for Hillbillies:

Alford hired Drew Adams after he was done serving with Crean. ....Mark [...]

• Harvard for Hillbillies:

oops...The last couple sentences above need question marks at the end. [...]

• Harvard for Hillbillies:

I could be wrong, but I think it was Derek Elston playing baseball "ca [...]

• TsaoTsuG:

I generally agree with Coachv's take on the dilemma. Just trying to ad [...]

• TsaoTsuG:

Hanner probably has half the history with basketball that the average [...]

• TsaoTsuG: