Malachi Richardson commits to Syracuse

12 comments by   |   Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:36 pm EDT

Indiana target Malachi Richardson, a guard at Trenton Catholic Academy in New Jersey and the No. 22 player in the Class of 2015, committed to Syracuse on Friday at an announcement at his school. Indiana had been involved in his recruitment for some time and was one of his finalists along with Arizona, Connecticut, Rutgers and Villanova.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball, Recruiting

Report: Sheehey signs with team in Montenegro ... or not
Purdue vs. Indiana alumni game this Saturday
Oladipo, Zeller named to USA Select Team
IU target Spalding commits to Louisville
Crean putting together vision for guard-oriented team
t
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:54 PM EDT

Duke has 4 = 5 star recruits for 2014 and they seem to come somewhat easy to the program…. NC, Kan, Syracuse, UCLA get their share and of course there is Ky. IU is far from a National Championship….IU recruiting has gotten a 5 star player here and there, however they need even more high 4 star and 5 star players….and yes players like Lyles loss hurts….

#2 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 3:59 PM EDT

Don’t worry my Scoop Brothers. I gave him a piece of my mind on Twitter for not committing with us.

#3 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 4:35 PM EDT

Aruss, don’t be That Guy.

#4 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:08 PM EDT

t… Ummm, we’ve had higher ranked classes than Duke the last 2 years…

Double Down
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:33 PM EDT

One should be careful living and dying by these high school kids’ announcements. There really aren’t many conclusions to be gained from these individual moments.

I was no basketball or football player, of course, but the decision of where to hang my hat for 4 (ahem, 5!) years was an intensely personal one. After narrowing my list down and attending all my prospective schools, something magical just came out of stepping onto to campus in Bloomington on my first visit. I still can’t fully explain it, but I felt like I was at home. It was the greatest decision I ever made.

Kids feel that way about other places, too. We all like to fight our proxy battles through the decisions that these kids make, but in the end, there’s a feeling there and they make a choice.

Upwards and onwards.

Malachi, good luck to you at ‘Cuse. You’ve picked a great school to go attend. We look forward to the Hoosiers getting another chance to end your season in 2015-16 Tournament. ;)

Ron
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:40 PM EDT

Maybe time to get rid of the current Scoop poll ?

#7 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:34 PM EDT

Just waiting until somebody noticed.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:45 PM EDT

I nominate Hulls as the next Scoop Pol.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:49 PM EDT

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 8:03 PM EDT

Friday night tune dedication.

IU vs Notre Dame…….?

Ben
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 9:24 PM EDT

I must admit Ron I am quite proud of myself for diagnosing the Indiana Football wins correctly. I voted 5, and behold we had 5 wins. Will up it a tick to 6 next year.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 11:19 PM EDT

Crimson and clover
Over and over
Digger still sends Bobby
A box of Russell Stover
Crimson and clover
Over and over
Irish had their Dantley
But ‘Blue Chips’ cast Matt Nover
Hoosiers ballers from Chesterton
Harvard’s right back at it again

Mitch and Novak and Nover…over and over

Comments

• M. Swimming. Hoosiers Set Record at Speedo Junior Nationals - The Indiana University men's swimming 4x100-meter freestyle relay set a new meet record to highlight day two of the 2014 Speedo Junior National Championships in Irvine,
  • M. Soccer. Yarborough Named Head Coach at Stetson - Indiana University assistant coach Ernie Yarborough named head coach at Stetson
  • 2015 duo sets official visits - Two of Indiana's top recruiting targets in the 2015 class, Shake Milton and Juwan Morgan,
  • 2014 Position Preview: Running Back - Fall camp is just a few days from getting underway for the Indiana football team. Between now and then
  • Report: Will Sheehey to play professionally in Montenegro -

It appears that former Indiana forward Will Sheehey has found a home for his first season of professional basketball. Sheehey will join KK Buducnost of the Adriatic League in

• Video: Juwan Morgan summer highlights -

Waynesville (Mo.) forward Juwan Morgan is one of Indiana’s top recruiting targets in the class of 2015 after a strong summer with MoKan Elite in Nike’s Elite Youth

• Derrick Rose calls Oladipo 'big-time talent' - Victor Oladipo is a humble young player, but other NBA stars are talking notice of
  • Indiana among final 10 for Donovan Mitchell - 2015 guard Donovan Mitchell, the fastest-rising guard in the country, cut his list to 10 on Thursday, and Indiana made the
  • July's Biggest Mover in 2015: Donovan Mitchell Starts Official Visits