Malachi Richardson commits to Syracuse

12 comments by   |   Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:36 pm EDT

Indiana target Malachi Richardson, a guard at Trenton Catholic Academy in New Jersey and the No. 22 player in the Class of 2015, committed to Syracuse on Friday at an announcement at his school. Indiana had been involved in his recruitment for some time and was one of his finalists along with Arizona, Connecticut, Rutgers and Villanova.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball, Recruiting

Purdue vs. Indiana alumni game this Saturday
Oladipo, Zeller named to USA Select Team
IU target Spalding commits to Louisville
Crean putting together vision for guard-oriented team
Spalding enjoying IU, recruiting process
t
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:54 PM EDT

Duke has 4 = 5 star recruits for 2014 and they seem to come somewhat easy to the program…. NC, Kan, Syracuse, UCLA get their share and of course there is Ky. IU is far from a National Championship….IU recruiting has gotten a 5 star player here and there, however they need even more high 4 star and 5 star players….and yes players like Lyles loss hurts….

#2 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 3:59 PM EDT

Don’t worry my Scoop Brothers. I gave him a piece of my mind on Twitter for not committing with us.

#3 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 4:35 PM EDT

Aruss, don’t be That Guy.

#4 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:08 PM EDT

t… Ummm, we’ve had higher ranked classes than Duke the last 2 years…

Double Down
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:33 PM EDT

One should be careful living and dying by these high school kids’ announcements. There really aren’t many conclusions to be gained from these individual moments.

I was no basketball or football player, of course, but the decision of where to hang my hat for 4 (ahem, 5!) years was an intensely personal one. After narrowing my list down and attending all my prospective schools, something magical just came out of stepping onto to campus in Bloomington on my first visit. I still can’t fully explain it, but I felt like I was at home. It was the greatest decision I ever made.

Kids feel that way about other places, too. We all like to fight our proxy battles through the decisions that these kids make, but in the end, there’s a feeling there and they make a choice.

Upwards and onwards.

Malachi, good luck to you at ‘Cuse. You’ve picked a great school to go attend. We look forward to the Hoosiers getting another chance to end your season in 2015-16 Tournament. ;)

Ron
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:40 PM EDT

Maybe time to get rid of the current Scoop poll ?

#7 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:34 PM EDT

Just waiting until somebody noticed.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:45 PM EDT

I nominate Hulls as the next Scoop Pol.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:49 PM EDT

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 8:03 PM EDT

Friday night tune dedication.

IU vs Notre Dame…….?

Ben
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 9:24 PM EDT

I must admit Ron I am quite proud of myself for diagnosing the Indiana Football wins correctly. I voted 5, and behold we had 5 wins. Will up it a tick to 6 next year.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 11:19 PM EDT

Crimson and clover
Over and over
Digger still sends Bobby
A box of Russell Stover
Crimson and clover
Over and over
Irish had their Dantley
But ‘Blue Chips’ cast Matt Nover
Hoosiers ballers from Chesterton
Harvard’s right back at it again

Mitch and Novak and Nover…over and over

Comments

• Football. Anthony Thompson to Attend 43rd Annual Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon Presented by Allstate and BMW - The Big Ten Conference announced the 14 former players that will be in attendance at the 2014 Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon presented by Allstate and BMW. Anthony Thompson will
  • W. Volleyball. Smooth Jazz Summer Edition - IU sophomore Jazzmine McDonald gives an inside look into the IU volleyball program with the first episode of "Smooth
  • IU offers 4-star shooting guard - A nationally ranked shooting guard is back on the market after re-opening his recruitment, and Indiana has started to pursue him. See who
  • Maryland WR visiting IU this weekend - Every year there are a number of prospects that see their recruitment take off after camp season, and in the 2015 class Lawrence Cager
  • Brunk recruitment becoming a Big Ten affair -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — As the summer moves along, the recruitment of class of 2016 Southport center Joey Brunk continues to add new suitors. The 6-foot-9 big man added an

• Four-star guard Jimmy Whitt hearing from Indiana “a lot” -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Class of 2015 Columbia (Mo.) guard Jimmy Whitt has been one of the biggest risers in the national rankings thanks to his play this summer. The 6-foot-3

• Matur Maker continues to improve - Matur Maker, the younger brother of Thon Maker, has gotten much better since the
  • Premier of Leonard documentary is July 29 - The world premier of the new documentary on IU legend Bobby 'Slick' Leonard will be Tuesday night July 29 at 7 p.m. at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Here's all the
  • The Thursday Thinker