Malachi Richardson commits to Syracuse

12 comments by   |   Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:36 pm EDT

Indiana target Malachi Richardson, a guard at Trenton Catholic Academy in New Jersey and the No. 22 player in the Class of 2015, committed to Syracuse on Friday at an announcement at his school. Indiana had been involved in his recruitment for some time and was one of his finalists along with Arizona, Connecticut, Rutgers and Villanova.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball, Recruiting

Ferrell, Robinson enter pretrial diversion program
Mosquera-Perea reaches plea agreement for OWI arrest
CBS to carry a pair of Indiana basketball games #iubb
Big Ten Network to broadcast 17 Indiana basketball games
Guyton writes open letter to Knight, asks him to return to IU
t
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:54 PM EDT

Duke has 4 = 5 star recruits for 2014 and they seem to come somewhat easy to the program…. NC, Kan, Syracuse, UCLA get their share and of course there is Ky. IU is far from a National Championship….IU recruiting has gotten a 5 star player here and there, however they need even more high 4 star and 5 star players….and yes players like Lyles loss hurts….

#2 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 3:59 PM EDT

Don’t worry my Scoop Brothers. I gave him a piece of my mind on Twitter for not committing with us.

#3 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 4:35 PM EDT

Aruss, don’t be That Guy.

#4 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:08 PM EDT

t… Ummm, we’ve had higher ranked classes than Duke the last 2 years…

Double Down
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:33 PM EDT

One should be careful living and dying by these high school kids’ announcements. There really aren’t many conclusions to be gained from these individual moments.

I was no basketball or football player, of course, but the decision of where to hang my hat for 4 (ahem, 5!) years was an intensely personal one. After narrowing my list down and attending all my prospective schools, something magical just came out of stepping onto to campus in Bloomington on my first visit. I still can’t fully explain it, but I felt like I was at home. It was the greatest decision I ever made.

Kids feel that way about other places, too. We all like to fight our proxy battles through the decisions that these kids make, but in the end, there’s a feeling there and they make a choice.

Upwards and onwards.

Malachi, good luck to you at ‘Cuse. You’ve picked a great school to go attend. We look forward to the Hoosiers getting another chance to end your season in 2015-16 Tournament. ;)

Ron
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:40 PM EDT

Maybe time to get rid of the current Scoop poll ?

#7 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:34 PM EDT

Just waiting until somebody noticed.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:45 PM EDT

I nominate Hulls as the next Scoop Pol.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:49 PM EDT

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 8:03 PM EDT

Friday night tune dedication.

IU vs Notre Dame…….?

Ben
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 9:24 PM EDT

I must admit Ron I am quite proud of myself for diagnosing the Indiana Football wins correctly. I voted 5, and behold we had 5 wins. Will up it a tick to 6 next year.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 11:19 PM EDT

Crimson and clover
Over and over
Digger still sends Bobby
A box of Russell Stover
Crimson and clover
Over and over
Irish had their Dantley
But ‘Blue Chips’ cast Matt Nover
Hoosiers ballers from Chesterton
Harvard’s right back at it again

Mitch and Novak and Nover…over and over

Comments

• Field Hockey. No.17 Indiana Set to Take on Ohio - No. 17 Indiana looks to improve to 7-0 as the Hoosiers head to Ohio University to take on the Bobcats Saturday
  • Softball. Softball Announces 2014 Team Camp - The Indiana softball team is set to host the 2014 Team Camp Nov. 21-23. The camp is open to any and all entrants at the 18U, 16U and 14U
  • Inside the Locker Room - We have a pretty lengthy Inside the Locker Room feature again for you this Friday. We recap where things
  • A look at the Tigers - The Indiana Hoosiers will try to pick up their second win of the season tomorrow afternoon when they
  • 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Northwestern Wildcats -

With the start of college basketball season on the horizon, we’ll be taking a long look at the conference at large as well as Indiana’s roster over the next month. Today,

• More TV designations announced for IU’s 2014-2015 schedule -

The Big Ten announced television designations on Thursday for the remainder of league games that will be shown on either CBS or the ESPN family of networks. Indiana will have a

• Mosquera-Perea to do community service - Hanner Mosquera-Perea has accepted a plea agreement stemming from his February arrest for
  • Big man Thomas Bryant to visit Indiana - Thomas Bryant, an elite big man in the 2015 class, will visit Indiana on Oct. 3. More
  • TCQ INAUGURAL WEEKLY PICKAPALOOZA ROUNDTABLE