Malachi Richardson commits to Syracuse

Indiana target Malachi Richardson, a guard at Trenton Catholic Academy in New Jersey and the No. 22 player in the Class of 2015, committed to Syracuse on Friday at an announcement at his school. Indiana had been involved in his recruitment for some time and was one of his finalists along with Arizona, Connecticut, Rutgers and Villanova.

• t says:

Duke has 4 = 5 star recruits for 2014 and they seem to come somewhat easy to the program…. NC, Kan, Syracuse, UCLA get their share and of course there is Ky. IU is far from a National Championship….IU recruiting has gotten a 5 star player here and there, however they need even more high 4 star and 5 star players….and yes players like Lyles loss hurts….

• Aruss says:

Don’t worry my Scoop Brothers. I gave him a piece of my mind on Twitter for not committing with us.

• Aruss, don’t be That Guy.

• Geoff says:

t… Ummm, we’ve had higher ranked classes than Duke the last 2 years…

• Double Down says:

One should be careful living and dying by these high school kids’ announcements. There really aren’t many conclusions to be gained from these individual moments.

I was no basketball or football player, of course, but the decision of where to hang my hat for 4 (ahem, 5!) years was an intensely personal one. After narrowing my list down and attending all my prospective schools, something magical just came out of stepping onto to campus in Bloomington on my first visit. I still can’t fully explain it, but I felt like I was at home. It was the greatest decision I ever made.

Kids feel that way about other places, too. We all like to fight our proxy battles through the decisions that these kids make, but in the end, there’s a feeling there and they make a choice.

Upwards and onwards.

Malachi, good luck to you at ‘Cuse. You’ve picked a great school to go attend. We look forward to the Hoosiers getting another chance to end your season in 2015-16 Tournament. ­čśë

• Ron says:

Maybe time to get rid of the current Scoop poll ?

• Jeremy Price says:

Just waiting until somebody noticed.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

I nominate Hulls as the next Scoop Pol.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

^^^

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

Friday night tune dedication.

IU vs Notre Dame…….?

• Ben says:

I must admit Ron I am quite proud of myself for diagnosing the Indiana Football wins correctly. I voted 5, and behold we had 5 wins. Will up it a tick to 6 next year.

• Harvard for Hillbillies says:

Crimson and clover
    Over and over
    Digger still sends Bobby
    A box of Russell Stover
    Crimson and clover
    Over and over
    Irish had their Dantley
    But ‘Blue Chips’ cast Matt Nover
    Hoosiers ballers from Chesterton
    Harvard’s right back at it again

Mitch and Novak and Nover…over and over

Comments are closed.

Merchandise

Hoosier Sports Report is live!

Who will be IU's starting quarterback this fall?