Malachi Richardson commits to Syracuse

12 comments by   |   Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:36 pm EDT

Indiana target Malachi Richardson, a guard at Trenton Catholic Academy in New Jersey and the No. 22 player in the Class of 2015, committed to Syracuse on Friday at an announcement at his school. Indiana had been involved in his recruitment for some time and was one of his finalists along with Arizona, Connecticut, Rutgers and Villanova.

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball, Recruiting

Hoosier Hysteria set for Oct. 25
IU basketball releases full non-conference schedule
When Max Hoetzel was a Globetrotter, albeit the tiniest one
IU makes Emmitt Holt signing official
Emmitt Holt's high school coach compares him to Draymond Green
t
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 2:54 PM EDT

Duke has 4 = 5 star recruits for 2014 and they seem to come somewhat easy to the program…. NC, Kan, Syracuse, UCLA get their share and of course there is Ky. IU is far from a National Championship….IU recruiting has gotten a 5 star player here and there, however they need even more high 4 star and 5 star players….and yes players like Lyles loss hurts….

#2 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 3:59 PM EDT

Don’t worry my Scoop Brothers. I gave him a piece of my mind on Twitter for not committing with us.

#3 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 4:35 PM EDT

Aruss, don’t be That Guy.

#4 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:08 PM EDT

t… Ummm, we’ve had higher ranked classes than Duke the last 2 years…

Double Down
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:33 PM EDT

One should be careful living and dying by these high school kids’ announcements. There really aren’t many conclusions to be gained from these individual moments.

I was no basketball or football player, of course, but the decision of where to hang my hat for 4 (ahem, 5!) years was an intensely personal one. After narrowing my list down and attending all my prospective schools, something magical just came out of stepping onto to campus in Bloomington on my first visit. I still can’t fully explain it, but I felt like I was at home. It was the greatest decision I ever made.

Kids feel that way about other places, too. We all like to fight our proxy battles through the decisions that these kids make, but in the end, there’s a feeling there and they make a choice.

Upwards and onwards.

Malachi, good luck to you at ‘Cuse. You’ve picked a great school to go attend. We look forward to the Hoosiers getting another chance to end your season in 2015-16 Tournament. ;)

Ron
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 6:40 PM EDT

Maybe time to get rid of the current Scoop poll ?

#7 Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:34 PM EDT

Just waiting until somebody noticed.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:45 PM EDT

I nominate Hulls as the next Scoop Pol.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 7:49 PM EDT

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 8:03 PM EDT

Friday night tune dedication.

IU vs Notre Dame…….?

Ben
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 9:24 PM EDT

I must admit Ron I am quite proud of myself for diagnosing the Indiana Football wins correctly. I voted 5, and behold we had 5 wins. Will up it a tick to 6 next year.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Friday, December 13, 2013 - 11:19 PM EDT

Crimson and clover
Over and over
Digger still sends Bobby
A box of Russell Stover
Crimson and clover
Over and over
Irish had their Dantley
But ‘Blue Chips’ cast Matt Nover
Hoosiers ballers from Chesterton
Harvard’s right back at it again

Mitch and Novak and Nover…over and over

Comments

• Field Hockey. Field Hockey Shuts Out St. Louis, 6-0 - The Indiana field hockey team picked up its second win of the season against St. Louis, 6-0. The Hoosiers (2-0) used a well-balanced attack with four different players finding the
  • Football. Indiana Topples Indiana State, 28-10 - The Indiana football team (1-0) opened the 2014 season with a 18-10 win over in-state rival Indiana State (0-1) Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium, marking the Hoosiers' 10th
  • Oladipo declares for the NBA - Indiana junior Victor Oladipo this afternoon announced he will be going to the NBA. IU coach Tom Crean
  • Video: Victor Oladipo headed to NBA - Earlier this afternoon Indiana junior Victor Oladipo joined head coach Tom Crean at Assembly Hall to
  • IU sets Hoosier Hysteria for Saturday, October 25 -

Hoosier Hysteria, Indiana’s annual opening practice that officially tips off the season, has a date for this fall. At Saturday’s Indiana-Indiana State football game at

• Indiana announces 2014-2015 basketball schedule -

Indiana on Friday evening released its non-conference schedule for this upcoming season, completing the Hoosiers’ 2014-2015 slate. The 13-game lineup includes the likes

• Indiana announces date for Hoosier Hysteria - Hoosier Hysteria is set for Saturday, Oct. 25, the school announced Saturday. More
  • Freshman April in walking boot - Freshman center Jeremiah April was in a walking boot Saturday at Memorial
  • Hoosiers Win 28-10: Post Game and Evening Thread