IU women ranked No. 22 in latest AP poll

For the first time in two decades, Indiana’s women’s basketball team is ranked in the top 25.

The Hoosiers (14-0) sit at No. 22 in the latest Associated Press poll released Monday afternoon. It is only the second time in program history IU has been ranked and the first time since Jan. 19, 1993, when the team was No. 23. Indiana is one of four Big Ten teams in the top 25, joining No. 14 Penn State, No. 16 Nebraska and No. 21 Purdue.

• MikeC #1

Monday, January 6, 2014 - 2:27 PM EDT

What a terrific accomplishment for this young Hoosier team! Just another indication that Curt Miller and his staff are heading in the right direction as if there was any doubt? Hoosier nation needs to become aware of the great things that these girls are doing! Instead of fans whining about the men’s team, it’s time for fans to come out and support these young ladies! IU hosts Ohio St. this coming Saturday at 4:30 pm in Assembly Hall, come out and help bring this team to another victory. Go Hoosiers!!

• Bryan #2

Monday, January 6, 2014 - 2:43 PM EDT

I hope that we have over three thousand in for Ohio State game. I still remember the game from several years ago (maybe five or six years ago) when we beat a ranked Ohio State team with just 8 or 9 players suited up to play. My wife and I have had many great experiences watching the women’s team over the last ten years or so, and this team has got to be one of the most fun to watch that I can remember.

• MikeC #3

Monday, January 6, 2014 - 2:56 PM EDT

Bryan, if I remember correctly, that game against Ohio St. Was an overtime game? You are correct, it was a great game. I have been a women’s season ticket holder for many years and that game was one of the best but, not quite as good as last year’s Purdue buzzer beater! Always fun to beat those people, especially when they are ranked as they usually are. Maybe from now on both teams will be ranked when they play? Go Hoosiers!!

• Lydia F #4

Monday, January 6, 2014 - 4:12 PM EDT

I agree with Harvard re Crean’s obsession with creating a singular sensation (Olidipo, for instance) instead of a team synergy. He clearly plays favorites and tends to ignore the talent that begs to be developed, played, and
    secure in a position. Cody Zeller was a roaring talent who failed to gain any significant basketball IQ under
    CTC. In fact, Zeller knew more about BB strategy than the coach when he joined IU. By my measurement, in the end,
    Fischer would have ended up as an IU team star.

• Nat Hill IV #5

Monday, January 6, 2014 - 4:41 PM EDT

Back to women’s basketball.
    Several folks explained to me how we would be better this year, and I didn’t buy it.
    Well, I was wrong, and we’re a LOT better.
    Amazing job by the team and their coach.

• Lydia F #6

Monday, January 6, 2014 - 4:48 PM EDT

I am extremely proud of our IU womens’ BB team. Being ranked this year is simply wonderful. Thank you, ladies!

• BeatPurdue #7

Monday, January 6, 2014 - 5:16 PM EDT

This has been a remarkable 2 1/2 year turn around! The players, the staff, and most of all, Coach Miller deserve our congratulations! But most of all they have earned the right to demand SUPPORT!!

• Fan from BG #8

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 - 1:02 PM EDT

Congrats to Coach Miller and his talented players. How exciting! We watched Coach Miller develop a weak BGSU program right into multiple MAC championships and the Sweet 16. We are so happy for Coach Miller and continue to follow him at IU. I have no doubt that he and the talented Hoosier athletes will continue to build success over the years. Best wishes for the team this and future seasons!

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football