Video: Hoosiers on loss to Spartans

A quick recap of IU's Lucas Oil fan event
Vermont Academy coach talks Emmitt Holt
Men's, women's Big Ten basketball schedules to be released Thursday
Emmitt Holt commits to Indiana
TJ in Texas
Saturday, January 4, 2014 - 8:29 PM EDT

after Fischer, I have to wonder how many of this years freshmen leave school/the team this summer

Larry
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:09 AM EDT

One of the worst teams in the country in assists, dribble, dribble, dribble some more, dribble, drive, dribble some more, turn the ball over. Ok people, I have pretty much defended Crean up to this point, but, I’m sorry, this team looks ugly.

I do not buy into rebuilding years to the extent we’re no longer near being ranked anywhere, not after inking these top 10 recruiting classes.

I hope I’m wrong, but, I’m thinking it’s down hill from here.

BBB
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:40 AM EDT

IU is like any other big time basketball team. Players leave and switch teams all the time but I guess IU fan’s in Texas don’t think it should happen at IU. It sure happens at Texas. Go back and look at all the players that left when Bob Knight was coach.
Every player thinks they should start but I want players who are team players. There is no i in team. Most of today’s players have no loyalty to the school they pick. Iron sharpens iron and these players are young and going through a rough time. The Cream at IU will rise to the top by the end of the year Coach tries to sell them on IU not the NBA. If you want that you should watch KY.
Don’t you think it is odd that Bo Ryan did not recruit Fischer? I think his leaving was all about Luke and very little about Coach and IU.. If we have players who are not playing hard to win as a team on both ends maybe they are not a good fit at IU and a smaller school like Butler where they can get more playing time might be a good option.
I do think with the players and shooters we have coming in next year you may see some transfers but this is not the time to talk about it. I love these young kids and they all have my support no matter what their record may end up being this year. They will get better as a team because of these hard games as their careers progress the next couple of seasons.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 2:51 AM EDT

BBB sounds like Ben’s shrimp boat partner.

#5 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:29 AM EDT

BBB – well there’s no doubt in my mind that Fischer leaving had something to do with Crean, but that’s not a black mark on Crean… It’s not a general statement of how other players feel about him. It’s simply Fischer’s personal relationship with the coach, the team, and the school. It didn’t click. If he had loved Crean, or his teammates, then he would have stayed… But something didn’t click. It’s fine. It kinda sucks, but it’s fine. Crean has been here 7 years and no influential players have left the program. I doubt that it will now become a trend.

#6 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:50 AM EDT

Well that didn’t take long… As soon as I hit enter on this ^^ I saw the news he chose Marquette. Sorry Harvard.

Comments

• M. Basketball. Former Hoosier stars join Tom Crean in Indianapolis - Former Indiana men's basketball stars Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller joined IU Coach Tom Crean and teamed up one more time for their alma mater Wednesday
  • Cross Country. IU Cross Country Practice Off and Running for 2014 - The Indiana men's and women's cross country teams reported back to campus this week and on Tuesday had their first practice in preparation for the 2014 season. The Hoosiers will
  • FSU hoops lands huge Rivals150 commitment - Rivals150 small forward Terance Mann committed to Florida State on Wednesday, giving the 'Noles their first commit of 2015. Mann
  • 'I'm living proof. Anything is possible.' - Watch as Victor Oladipo takes the microphone and gives a passionate, impromptu speech at the end
  • Christian Watford signs non-guaranteed deal with Boston Celtics -

Former Indiana forward Christian Watford has signed a one-year, non-guaranteed contract with the Boston Celtics, he told Inside the Hall early Thursday morning. Watford, a

• Video: Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo at IU “On The Road” stop in Indianapolis -

INDIANAPOLIS — Former teammates Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo were reunited on Wednesday evening for Indiana’s “On The Road” tour stop at Lucas Oil

• Get 2 months of AllHoosiers.com for $9.95 - It worked so well last week that we're running it again. From now until 3 a.m. Sunday morning, buy 1 month of AllHoosiers.com for $9.95 and get a second month free. Come find out
  • Hoosier Links: August 19, 2014 - In today's Hoosier Links there is a story about IU's Canada trip in basketball and one on IU soccer. Soccer opens the exhibition season Tuesday
  • Emmitt Holt Commits