Video: Hoosiers on loss to Spartans

6 comments by   |   Saturday, January 4, 2014 - 6:11 pm EDT

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball, Video

Purdue vs. Indiana alumni game this Saturday
Oladipo, Zeller named to USA Select Team
IU target Spalding commits to Louisville
Crean putting together vision for guard-oriented team
Spalding enjoying IU, recruiting process
TJ in Texas
Saturday, January 4, 2014 - 8:29 PM EDT

after Fischer, I have to wonder how many of this years freshmen leave school/the team this summer

Larry
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:09 AM EDT

One of the worst teams in the country in assists, dribble, dribble, dribble some more, dribble, drive, dribble some more, turn the ball over. Ok people, I have pretty much defended Crean up to this point, but, I’m sorry, this team looks ugly.

I do not buy into rebuilding years to the extent we’re no longer near being ranked anywhere, not after inking these top 10 recruiting classes.

I hope I’m wrong, but, I’m thinking it’s down hill from here.

BBB
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:40 AM EDT

IU is like any other big time basketball team. Players leave and switch teams all the time but I guess IU fan’s in Texas don’t think it should happen at IU. It sure happens at Texas. Go back and look at all the players that left when Bob Knight was coach.
Every player thinks they should start but I want players who are team players. There is no i in team. Most of today’s players have no loyalty to the school they pick. Iron sharpens iron and these players are young and going through a rough time. The Cream at IU will rise to the top by the end of the year Coach tries to sell them on IU not the NBA. If you want that you should watch KY.
Don’t you think it is odd that Bo Ryan did not recruit Fischer? I think his leaving was all about Luke and very little about Coach and IU.. If we have players who are not playing hard to win as a team on both ends maybe they are not a good fit at IU and a smaller school like Butler where they can get more playing time might be a good option.
I do think with the players and shooters we have coming in next year you may see some transfers but this is not the time to talk about it. I love these young kids and they all have my support no matter what their record may end up being this year. They will get better as a team because of these hard games as their careers progress the next couple of seasons.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 2:51 AM EDT

BBB sounds like Ben’s shrimp boat partner.

#5 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:29 AM EDT

BBB – well there’s no doubt in my mind that Fischer leaving had something to do with Crean, but that’s not a black mark on Crean… It’s not a general statement of how other players feel about him. It’s simply Fischer’s personal relationship with the coach, the team, and the school. It didn’t click. If he had loved Crean, or his teammates, then he would have stayed… But something didn’t click. It’s fine. It kinda sucks, but it’s fine. Crean has been here 7 years and no influential players have left the program. I doubt that it will now become a trend.

#6 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:50 AM EDT

Well that didn’t take long… As soon as I hit enter on this ^^ I saw the news he chose Marquette. Sorry Harvard.

Comments

• Varsity Club. Student-Athlete Spotlight: Audra Heilman, Field Hockey - Recently the Indiana University Varsity Club had the opportunity to speak with Audra Heilman, a senior on the IU field hockey team. Heilman discussed how important her scholarship
  • Varsity Club. Compliance Corner: Student-Athlete Eligibility - Have you ever wondered about the academic standards for an Indiana University student-athlete in order to stay academically eligible throughout their collegiate
  • Milton updates his recruitment - Indiana has been paying very close attention to Shake Milton throughout the recruiting process. See what the 2015 guard has to say
  • Maryland eyeing Midway DT - Chicago (Ill.) Al Raby three-star defensive tackle Jamal Milan hopes to take several official visits in the fall. Will the Terps get
  • Report: Indiana offers 2015 guard Matt McQuaid -

After his recent decision to re-open his recruitment, Indiana has jumped into the mix for class of 2015 Duncanville (Tex.) guard Matt McQuaid. The 6-foot-5 guard, who had been

• Brunk recruitment becoming a Big Ten affair -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — As the summer moves along, the recruitment of class of 2016 Southport center Joey Brunk continues to add new suitors. The 6-foot-9 big man added an

• De'Ron Davis updates recruitment - 2016 forward De'Ron Davis talked to AllHoosiers.com on Thursday to update his recruitment. He's hearing from a few new schools. Find out who they
  • Indiana offers SMU decommit McQuaid - Tom Crean offered Matt McQuaid a scholarship on Wednesday in
  • The Thursday Thinker