Video: Hoosiers on loss to Spartans

• TJ in Texas #1

Saturday, January 4, 2014 - 8:29 PM EDT

after Fischer, I have to wonder how many of this years freshmen leave school/the team this summer

• Larry #2

Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:09 AM EDT

One of the worst teams in the country in assists, dribble, dribble, dribble some more, dribble, drive, dribble some more, turn the ball over. Ok people, I have pretty much defended Crean up to this point, but, I’m sorry, this team looks ugly.

I do not buy into rebuilding years to the extent we’re no longer near being ranked anywhere, not after inking these top 10 recruiting classes.

I hope I’m wrong, but, I’m thinking it’s down hill from here.

• BBB #3

Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:40 AM EDT

IU is like any other big time basketball team. Players leave and switch teams all the time but I guess IU fan’s in Texas don’t think it should happen at IU. It sure happens at Texas. Go back and look at all the players that left when Bob Knight was coach.
    Every player thinks they should start but I want players who are team players. There is no i in team. Most of today’s players have no loyalty to the school they pick. Iron sharpens iron and these players are young and going through a rough time. The Cream at IU will rise to the top by the end of the year Coach tries to sell them on IU not the NBA. If you want that you should watch KY.
    Don’t you think it is odd that Bo Ryan did not recruit Fischer? I think his leaving was all about Luke and very little about Coach and IU.. If we have players who are not playing hard to win as a team on both ends maybe they are not a good fit at IU and a smaller school like Butler where they can get more playing time might be a good option.
    I do think with the players and shooters we have coming in next year you may see some transfers but this is not the time to talk about it. I love these young kids and they all have my support no matter what their record may end up being this year. They will get better as a team because of these hard games as their careers progress the next couple of seasons.

• Harvard for Hillbillies #4

Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 2:51 AM EDT

BBB sounds like Ben’s shrimp boat partner.

• Geoff #5

Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:29 AM EDT

BBB – well there’s no doubt in my mind that Fischer leaving had something to do with Crean, but that’s not a black mark on Crean… It’s not a general statement of how other players feel about him. It’s simply Fischer’s personal relationship with the coach, the team, and the school. It didn’t click. If he had loved Crean, or his teammates, then he would have stayed… But something didn’t click. It’s fine. It kinda sucks, but it’s fine. Crean has been here 7 years and no influential players have left the program. I doubt that it will now become a trend.

• Geoff #6

Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:50 AM EDT

Well that didn’t take long… As soon as I hit enter on this ^^ I saw the news he chose Marquette. Sorry Harvard.

Can the Hoosiers make a bowl game without Nate Sudfeld?

IU vs Michigan State Football