Video: Hoosiers on loss to Spartans

6 comments by   |   Saturday, January 4, 2014 - 6:11 pm EDT

Related content: Read more in Men's Basketball, Video

Ferrell, Robinson enter pretrial diversion program
Mosquera-Perea reaches plea agreement for OWI arrest
CBS to carry a pair of Indiana basketball games #iubb
Big Ten Network to broadcast 17 Indiana basketball games
Video: Hoosiers on loss to Bowling Green
TJ in Texas
Saturday, January 4, 2014 - 8:29 PM EDT

after Fischer, I have to wonder how many of this years freshmen leave school/the team this summer

Larry
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:09 AM EDT

One of the worst teams in the country in assists, dribble, dribble, dribble some more, dribble, drive, dribble some more, turn the ball over. Ok people, I have pretty much defended Crean up to this point, but, I’m sorry, this team looks ugly.

I do not buy into rebuilding years to the extent we’re no longer near being ranked anywhere, not after inking these top 10 recruiting classes.

I hope I’m wrong, but, I’m thinking it’s down hill from here.

BBB
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:40 AM EDT

IU is like any other big time basketball team. Players leave and switch teams all the time but I guess IU fan’s in Texas don’t think it should happen at IU. It sure happens at Texas. Go back and look at all the players that left when Bob Knight was coach.
Every player thinks they should start but I want players who are team players. There is no i in team. Most of today’s players have no loyalty to the school they pick. Iron sharpens iron and these players are young and going through a rough time. The Cream at IU will rise to the top by the end of the year Coach tries to sell them on IU not the NBA. If you want that you should watch KY.
Don’t you think it is odd that Bo Ryan did not recruit Fischer? I think his leaving was all about Luke and very little about Coach and IU.. If we have players who are not playing hard to win as a team on both ends maybe they are not a good fit at IU and a smaller school like Butler where they can get more playing time might be a good option.
I do think with the players and shooters we have coming in next year you may see some transfers but this is not the time to talk about it. I love these young kids and they all have my support no matter what their record may end up being this year. They will get better as a team because of these hard games as their careers progress the next couple of seasons.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 2:51 AM EDT

BBB sounds like Ben’s shrimp boat partner.

#5 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:29 AM EDT

BBB – well there’s no doubt in my mind that Fischer leaving had something to do with Crean, but that’s not a black mark on Crean… It’s not a general statement of how other players feel about him. It’s simply Fischer’s personal relationship with the coach, the team, and the school. It didn’t click. If he had loved Crean, or his teammates, then he would have stayed… But something didn’t click. It’s fine. It kinda sucks, but it’s fine. Crean has been here 7 years and no influential players have left the program. I doubt that it will now become a trend.

#6 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:50 AM EDT

Well that didn’t take long… As soon as I hit enter on this ^^ I saw the news he chose Marquette. Sorry Harvard.

Comments

• Football. #IUFB Players of the Game: Missouri - Twelve total Hoosiers were recognized on offense, defense, special teams and scout teams for helping Indiana pull off a 31-27 win at Missouri last
  • W. Golf. Individuals Compete at Cardinal Classic - The Indiana women's golf team sent four individuals to compete at the 36-hole Cardinal Classic, hosted by Ball State at The Players Club in Yorktown,
  • New B1G interest for Williams - Chicago defensive end Raequan Williams already has an extensive offer list, but new interest could fuel its growth after a strong senior
  • Video 1-on-1: O.G. Anunoby - Yesterday 6-foot-8 forward Ogugua "O.G." Anunoby talked 1-on-1 with Peegs.com on the same
  • 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Purdue Boilermakers -

With the start of college basketball season on the horizon, we’ll be taking a long look at the conference at large as well as Indiana’s roster over the next month. Today,

• 2014-2015 ITH season preview: Northwestern Wildcats -

• Q&A: Catching up with Max Hoetzel - Indiana freshman Max Hoetzel sat down with IUHoosiers.com this week to talk about his early adjustments to
  • Mosquera-Perea to do community service - Hanner Mosquera-Perea has accepted a plea agreement stemming from his February arrest for
  • B1G Bowl Projections: WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?
  • Indiana 31, Missouri 27: When a Good Defense Shows Up, Our Offense Can Do the Rest