Video: Hoosiers on loss to Spartans

Jeremy Hollowell transfers to Georgia State
Johnson leaving for Louisville
Former Indiana player Mike Woodson fired by the Knicks
Video: Future Hoosiers at Derby Festival Classic
TJ in Texas
Saturday, January 4, 2014 - 8:29 PM EDT

after Fischer, I have to wonder how many of this years freshmen leave school/the team this summer

Larry
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:09 AM EDT

One of the worst teams in the country in assists, dribble, dribble, dribble some more, dribble, drive, dribble some more, turn the ball over. Ok people, I have pretty much defended Crean up to this point, but, I’m sorry, this team looks ugly.

I do not buy into rebuilding years to the extent we’re no longer near being ranked anywhere, not after inking these top 10 recruiting classes.

I hope I’m wrong, but, I’m thinking it’s down hill from here.

BBB
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 12:40 AM EDT

IU is like any other big time basketball team. Players leave and switch teams all the time but I guess IU fan’s in Texas don’t think it should happen at IU. It sure happens at Texas. Go back and look at all the players that left when Bob Knight was coach.
Every player thinks they should start but I want players who are team players. There is no i in team. Most of today’s players have no loyalty to the school they pick. Iron sharpens iron and these players are young and going through a rough time. The Cream at IU will rise to the top by the end of the year Coach tries to sell them on IU not the NBA. If you want that you should watch KY.
Don’t you think it is odd that Bo Ryan did not recruit Fischer? I think his leaving was all about Luke and very little about Coach and IU.. If we have players who are not playing hard to win as a team on both ends maybe they are not a good fit at IU and a smaller school like Butler where they can get more playing time might be a good option.
I do think with the players and shooters we have coming in next year you may see some transfers but this is not the time to talk about it. I love these young kids and they all have my support no matter what their record may end up being this year. They will get better as a team because of these hard games as their careers progress the next couple of seasons.

Harvard for Hillbillies
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 2:51 AM EDT

BBB sounds like Ben’s shrimp boat partner.

#5 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:29 AM EDT

BBB – well there’s no doubt in my mind that Fischer leaving had something to do with Crean, but that’s not a black mark on Crean… It’s not a general statement of how other players feel about him. It’s simply Fischer’s personal relationship with the coach, the team, and the school. It didn’t click. If he had loved Crean, or his teammates, then he would have stayed… But something didn’t click. It’s fine. It kinda sucks, but it’s fine. Crean has been here 7 years and no influential players have left the program. I doubt that it will now become a trend.

#6 Sunday, January 5, 2014 - 9:50 AM EDT

Well that didn’t take long… As soon as I hit enter on this ^^ I saw the news he chose Marquette. Sorry Harvard.

Comments

• General News. #InTheKnow: Midweek Match-Ups in #BTown - Indiana Baseball and Softball are back in action tonight! Baseball takes on Ball State on Bart Kaufman Field at 6:05 p.m., while Softball battles Louisville on Andy Mohr Field at
  • M. Soccer. IU Men's Soccer Hosts Mexico Sunday - Indiana will play host to the U-20 Mexican National Team on Sunday, April 27 at 2 p.m. at Carroll Stadium in
  • Report: Hollowell to transfer to Georgia State - Sophomore forward Jeremy Hollowell, who announced his intent to transfer from IU on March 24, has committed play his final two seasons of college basketball at Georgia State, CBS
  • Jeremiah April commits to IU - Jeremiah April, a 7-foot, 230-pound center from Westwind Preparatory Academy in Glendale, Ariz., committed to IU Friday evening. Verbal Commits ranks his as a two-star prospect. I
  • Crean comments on Johnson's departure - Indiana coach Tom Crean issued a statement earlier today on the departure of assistant Kenny
  • Dietzen ready for more visits - Seymour, Wisc., offensive tackle Jon Dietzen holds six offers from schools in three different conferences, but he has only been able to visit
  • Video: Kenny Johnson introduced at Louisville -

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Former Indiana assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Kenny Johnson was introduced as a member of Rick Pitino’s coaching staff at the

• Jeremy Hollowell transferring to Georgia State -

Former Indiana forward Jeremy Hollowell will finish his collegiate career at Georgia State. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports and a source close to

• VIDEO: Johnson meets the Louisville media - Former Indiana assistant Kenny Johnson had plenty of positive things to say about IU on Wednesday when he met with the Louisville
  • Official statement on Kenny Johnson departure - Here's what Indiana coach Tom Crean had to say about losing his assistant coach to
  • Et Tu, KJ?
  • What Does It Take to Win a Baseball Title?